or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 205

post #3061 of 6120

Count me in on TTS also. My feet are D width, but slightly wide, almost but not quite to E. TTS in the Marlow fits perfect for me. Sizing down, squeezed my foot a bit too much. 

post #3062 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

It really just depends how wide your feet are.

I wear a TTS in this shoe and they fit just fine.
I wear a half size down in the Marlow wingtip and that works for me. Everyone's feet are different.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 7/11/13 at 11:30am
post #3063 of 6120
Quote:
Also, for those that have the shell penny loafers, have you noticed that the inside of the toe has a linen lining? Just noticed this on a pair of my C&J (not RL though) shell loafers. I wonder if this is a design this or specific to this pair....

 

Nope, mine RL Marlow penny loafers are leather lined all the way.

post #3064 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

So what's people's opinion on CJ's plain toe blucher vs. Alden plain toe blucher in #8 (in barrie, not the last I really want), I know it's a bit apple vs. orange, but close enough. I am leaning more towards CJ, but I can get worn Alden for reasonable price, so... I know I should never buy something because it's cheap, but certainly tempting...
I haven't read as much about quality control issues with C&J as I have with Alden plus I think C&J shoes are sleeker in general compared to Alden.
post #3065 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

So what's people's opinion on CJ's plain toe blucher vs. Alden plain toe blucher in #8 (in barrie, not the last I really want), I know it's a bit apple vs. orange, but close enough. I am leaning more towards CJ, but I can get worn Alden for reasonable price, so... I know I should never buy something because it's cheap, but certainly tempting...
I own both the Alden #8 PTB and the Marlow plain toe blucher. They're both very nice shoes. Each is Goodyear welted and they have cork under the leather lined insoles which makes them very comfortable. The Alden's are meant for walking, they're an all-American classic built like a big four-door Chrysler from the 50's and 60's. Alden has really perfected the use of the Horween #8 shell. If a guy needed just one pair of hard sole shoes he wouldn't go wrong with the Alden's. Furthermore, if your buying shoes for yourself why in the world would you want somebody else's, no matter what the cost? The Marlows are an exceedingly well constructed shoe, in my opinion, which is reflected in their higher price point. I really like mine a lot. More European in styling, and very British for sure. Try them on if you can and let your feet decide. Your only wardrobe restriction is that some people would say not to wear brown shoes with a black suit, but that's just some people.
post #3066 of 6120
Thread Starter 
Great write up bestiff.

Wearing the shell bb boot. Color is kind of I between Alden 8 and C&J brown shell

post #3067 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Great write up bestiff.

Wearing the shell bb boot. Color is kind of I between Alden 8 and C&J brown shell

Thanks NAMOR. Your looking very snazzy today. I've been wanting to see the BB Peale & Co. boots actually on somebody. After the getting the RL Marlow wingtips and PTB's I got interested in the C&J Harlech which I believe is similar to the BB boot. But, with a pair of #8 J Crew cap toe boots already and the Alden x Leffot Naval boot on the way, also in #8 because there weren't any black ones left in my size, I think I'm good on shell boots for awhile. How comfortable are they? I'm definitely jealous!
post #3068 of 6120
Looks like I will stick with CJ for PTB, and get Alden for longwing then. I have the BB cordovan boots as well, it's my go to boots for bad weather. It's built on a different last than Harlech, plus the BB version is dainite sole (which I prefer for my purpose).
post #3069 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Thanks NAMOR. Your looking very snazzy today. I've been wanting to see the BB Peale & Co. boots actually on somebody. After the getting the RL Marlow wingtips and PTB's I got interested in the C&J Harlech which I believe is similar to the BB boot. But, with a pair of #8 J Crew cap toe boots already and the Alden x Leffot Naval boot on the way, also in #8 because there weren't any black ones left in my size, I think I'm good on shell boots for awhile. How comfortable are they? I'm definitely jealous!

My favorite boot! I just love the C&J colors.
post #3070 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Great write up bestiff.

Wearing the shell bb boot. Color is kind of I between Alden 8 and C&J brown shell

Those boots look awesome!  I have those also and they are very comfortable.  

post #3071 of 6120
Thread Starter 
thanks guys, even in summer I look forward to wearing them. here's another pic

post #3072 of 6120
Thread Starter 
and a family pic of the CJ for RL

post #3073 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

thanks guys, even in summer I look forward to wearing them. here's another pic

Beautiful boots NAMOR!
post #3074 of 6120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

and a family pic of the CJ for RL

Nice family photo. I hope to add the Lindrick this fall.
post #3075 of 6120
Lidrick looks unworn to me, too many pairs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)