or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 178

post #2656 of 5912
^^^ Sir, a very classy combo.
post #2657 of 5912
I am not too sure why sf members advise sizing down on Marlows. If you have narrow feet or you are in between sizes only then size down. If you have wide flat fit then you must go tts or half size up. I even had to go half size up for the penny. I am tts 8E and struggle with marlows. My PTB is my TTS size 8E (euro stock wide fitting). And they are a bit tight around pinky and really loose around every where else.I wanted go half size bigger than my tts but store didn't have size! These shoes are like iron.breaking them in could take months , even years (if you have a great rotation) My advise if you have wide feet or unsure go half size bigger .
post #2658 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I am not too sure why sf members advise sizing down on Marlows. If you have narrow feet or you are in between sizes only then size down. If you have wide flat fit then you must go tts or half size up. I even had to go half size up for the penny. I am tts 8E and struggle with marlows. My PTB is my TTS size 8E (euro stock wide fitting). And they are a bit tight around pinky and really loose around every where else.I wanted go half size bigger than my tts but store didn't have size! These shoes are like iron.breaking them in could take months , even years (if you have a great rotation) My advise if you have wide feet or unsure go half size bigger .

agreed. everyone's feet are different but speaking for myself, there is no way i could have sized down from TTS on the Marlow wingtip. it would have been way to small and would hurt. TTS is just about perfect for me and still even narrower than Alden barrie, one half size down.

post #2659 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I am not too sure why sf members advise sizing down on Marlows. If you have narrow feet or you are in between sizes only then size down. If you have wide flat fit then you must go tts or half size up. I even had to go half size up for the penny. I am tts 8E and struggle with marlows. My PTB is my TTS size 8E (euro stock wide fitting). And they are a bit tight around pinky and really loose around every where else.I wanted go half size bigger than my tts but store didn't have size! These shoes are like iron.breaking them in could take months , even years (if you have a great rotation) My advise if you have wide feet or unsure go half size bigger .

I don't think you can generalize with "Marlows." The tassels, pennys, and wingtips all have different fits from what I have read. Half size down on the wingtips fit great for me and I am usually a pretty average footed person from what I can tell, i.e., not flat, not wide, not narrow.
post #2660 of 5912

Hey folks, I could use some advice from the more experienced C&J owners.

 

I have a finsbury(341 last) in 10.5 E UK. It´s slightly roomy, not too big, but if it was half a size larger it would definitely chip when walking. 

I´m planning to buy the Marlow tassel loafers, which I believe is 325 last. I´ve heard that these have a tendency to chip too, and I was looking for some advice when it comes to sizing. Should I get the 11 US, or the 10.5 US? The 11 US should be the "same" as the 10.5 UKs I have, but I´m worried that these will turn out too large. 

For reference, I wear a 10.5 E in AE, 10 E in alden barrie last. Could probably even go down to D on both.

 

Thanks!

post #2661 of 5912
Thread Starter 
There is an entire thread full of info on how to size 4 pairs of shoes, on 3 lasts and yet every day it's the same questions. It's all here, on just about every page.
post #2662 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

^^^ Sir, a very classy combo.

 

Thank you!  

post #2663 of 5912
Hmm ok, sorry! Just checked the first couple and last. Guess I'll read through some!
post #2664 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

There is an entire thread full of info on how to size 4 pairs of shoes, on 3 lasts and yet every day it's the same questions. It's all here, on just about every page.

I wish I had the knowledge/info to do it, but it would be great to have charts, and fit recs for various models and lasts and sticky them to the first post. Would be a great reference tool imho.
post #2665 of 5912

Ok, I´ve just read through like 100 pages. Still not sure whether to get a 10.5 US (this seems to be going down 0,5 from my UK 10.5), or go to 10.0 US (which is my equivalent in the barrie last) Guess I can look for a shop to try them on, but being in Japan I´m quite sure they don´t have the size.

post #2666 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

\
I have a finsbury(341 last) in 10.5 E UK. It´s slightly roomy, not too big, but if it was half a size larger it would definitely chip when walking. 
I´m planning to buy the Marlow tassel loafers, which I believe is 325 last. I´ve heard that these have a tendency to chip too, and I was looking for some advice when it comes to sizing. Should I get the 11 US, or the 10.5 US? The 11 US should be the "same" as the 10.5 UKs I have, but I´m worried that these will turn out too large. 
For reference, I wear a 10.5 E in AE, 10 E in alden barrie last. Could probably even go down to D on both.

I own an 8.5 E UK Westfield (341) and a 9.0 D US Marlow. The Marlow is slightly tighter than the Westfield, which leads me to believe the Marlow I have would be listed as an 8.5 D or 8.0 E in UK size.
post #2667 of 5912
Marlow Friday:
Untitled

My theory of Marlow wingtip sizing: US = UK +0.5; length: US D = UK D. This is unsubstantiated but just via comparison of my Marlow and Pembroke (also on the 325 last). For reference, I wear a UK 6E in my Pembroke and US 7D in my Marlow. The Marlow is slightly longer (which is why I assume they are probably a UK 6.5) but they are also slightly narrower (hence my theory that they are UK D). Have not confirmed this through C&J so my sample size is 1. Maybe others can do comparisons.

Oh yeah, I think this might have been the 5th time I mentioned sizing. smile.gif
post #2668 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelargus View Post

I own an 8.5 E UK Westfield (341) and a 9.0 D US Marlow. The Marlow is slightly tighter than the Westfield, which leads me to believe the Marlow I have would be listed as an 8.5 D or 8.0 E in UK size.

I wear 6E on the 341 and 7D in US Marlow. When comparing the 341 and 325 in both UK and in the same sizes, the 325 is definitely narrower.
post #2669 of 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Marlow Friday:
Untitled
Great way to start a weekend.
post #2670 of 5912
I feel everyones sizing pain. someone early on suggested ordering two sizes and returning one. This is they way to go if you can't get to a store.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)