or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 162

post #2416 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

I just took delivery of a pair of Lindricks. I have to say how impressed I am with the construction of the boot.  The inner lining and the cordovan is butter soft.  I like the subtle variation in the cordovan pieces. I have a pair of the Alden for JCrew cap toe cordovan boots and although I love them, these are just much much more elegant. Definitely fit 1/2 size larger than marked

Do the Lindrick boots fit a 1/2 size larger than the Marlow wingtips?

post #2417 of 6050
Bucksfan, awesome shine! How did you do it?
post #2418 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Do the Lindrick boots fit a 1/2 size larger than the Marlow wingtips?

If they are half size larger than marked they are on par with the wingtips from what I understand.
post #2419 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Do the Lindrick boots fit a 1/2 size larger than the Marlow wingtips?

 

I don't own the Marlows, but I have tried them on and the boots seem to fit larger.  I think I am going to put an insole in.  They are that big, however II don't think I would go 1 full size down. I have a narrow foot and I'm in between a 9.5/10 normally.

 

I will take a pic of the boots on their maiden voyage (sometime next week?)

 

Lets hope the Marlows are included in the 40%-er

post #2420 of 6050

FWIW, my Marlows fit true to size. 

 

IE., I had to size up from my Alden Barrie size and they still seem a bit narrower. 

post #2421 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

 

I don't own the Marlows, but I have tried them on and the boots seem to fit larger.  I think I am going to put an insole in.  They are that big, however II don't think I would go 1 full size down. I have a narrow foot and I'm in between a 9.5/10 normally.

 

I will take a pic of the boots on their maiden voyage (sometime next week?)

 

Lets hope the Marlows are included in the 40%-er

For clarification, I bought the 9.5

post #2422 of 6050
Lindricks fit maybe .25 sizes larger than the wingtips
post #2423 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

FWIW, my Marlows fit true to size. 

IE., I had to size up from my Alden Barrie size and they still seem a bit narrower. 

really? i thought everyone took the same barrie/trubalance size as marlow and lindricks

i only have lindricks but might pull trigger on marlow (not might but more "eventually")
post #2424 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

really? i thought everyone took the same barrie/trubalance size as marlow and lindricks

i only have lindricks but might pull trigger on marlow (not might but more "eventually")

I don't think there is a definitive answer or "rule of thumb"

Some go with their Barrie last size last -- others go TTS.

Since the 325 last is narrower/sleeker than the barrie, persons with wider feet may opt to go TTS to compensate.
post #2425 of 6050
hmmm okie cuz i have lindricks in 8.5 so i guess ill try marlows in same and then adjust accordingly

thanks
post #2426 of 6050

Unless my Marlows were mis-labeled or something, I don't know how anyone could wear the same size in a Barrie LWB and the Marlow.

 

This picture shoes the Alden 975 8.5D on the left, Marlow 8.5D on the right. The Marlow is smaller for sure, so I can't fathom how it would be possible for both to fit well in the same size:

 

 

 

 

post #2427 of 6050
wait so why do you have both in 8.5D? your argument seems to lend itself to saying you should have a 9 in marlow. unless you are saying you regret it and wish you had gone 9???
post #2428 of 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

wait so why do you have both in 8.5D? your argument seems to lend itself to saying you should have a 9 in marlow. unless you are saying you regret it and wish you had gone 9???

 

The Alden's are too big for me and the Marlows fit perfect. I actually need an 8D in the Aldens. 

post #2429 of 6050
ah ok that makes sense. thanks
post #2430 of 6050
If anybody is interested in Marlows cheaper than 25% message me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)