or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 17

post #241 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Those scuffs should rub/brush out. Resist the urge to use polish.
I was wearing cordovan shoes today and noticed a small scuff on them while at work.
I started rubbing the scuff with my thumb.
Cow-orker I was talking to at the time stopped the conversation and just said "wtf are you doing?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

haaaa, yess! Similar work story, I have taken my shoes off and polished them with a christmas stocking. I was praying no one would walk by. whew

cool, thanks! I get out my brush and start going to work, hopefully I'll get these out
post #242 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not yet. They're still in Kernersville NC.

haa, same. I purchased a brown pair and also a black pair. might keep the black one. kinda getting cigar'ed out

FWIW, I don't think the black is cordovan
post #243 of 5785
Thread Starter 
^interesting. have you seen them in person? if they are indeed not-cordovan, it would make my decision a fairly easy one
post #244 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^interesting. have you seen them in person? if they are indeed not-cordovan, it would make my decision a fairly easy one

Yeah, I have seen them in person, I am pretty sure they are calf. I think the C&J Polo dark brown shoes basically use all the same cordovan (likely a single supplier, same tanning/dyeing process, etc); the black tassel is something else. Notice how the website says the brown is "dark brown cordovan" while the black is simply "black."

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1812818&cp=1760781.1898623&ab=ln_men_cs2_shoes&pg=3&parentPage=family

The brown cordovan tassels are one of my favorite pair of shoes. Just like the wingtips are a versatile three season shoe (fall, winter, spring), the tassels are also a versatile three season shoe (spring, summer, fall). I wear them with and without socks, with denim, suits and even the occasional pair of shots, etc.

I'm sure the black is a great shoe (C&J construction in calf is awesome), but if you want a black cordovan tassel, Alden should be widely available at good retail prices
post #245 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^interesting. have you seen them in person? if they are indeed not-cordovan, it would make my decision a fairly easy one

I've seen the black in person at the Georgetown RL store and they looked like calf to me.


The brown cordovan tassels are easily my favorite pair of shoes. Like others have said, very versatile.
post #246 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyc1 View Post

Sizing question.
I own the Wing Tips and would like to add the loafers.
My wing tips are 10.5 and fit me perfectly. Spoke to a sales person and they recommend sizing down to a 10.
Would love to hear comments from anyone here who own both.
thanks.


I think the sales person is correct.  I wear a 10 1/2 in the PTB and the Marlow wingtip and a 10 in the loafer.  

 

post #247 of 5785
Heh heh --> Nov 2, 2011 2:46 PM Delivered McLean, VA

ffffuuuu.gif now I have to wait like 6 hours before I am home.
post #248 of 5785
got my other pairof Lindricks in mail. it's funny - I see the same thing in the "vamp" piece of shell as I did in one of the others. on this pair, both pieces of the boot (on both shoes) are lighter. kind of gives a cool 2 tone effect

263
post #249 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

got my other pairof Lindricks in mail. it's funny - I see the same thing in the "vamp" piece of shell as I did in one of the others. on this pair, both pieces of the boot (on both shoes) are lighter. kind of gives a cool 2 tone effect
263

Did you get a Hoween stamp?
post #250 of 5785
I went 0/2 on stamps. I'm not sure when Horween started stamping, but you normally don't see it ime
post #251 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Heh heh --> Nov 2, 2011 2:46 PM Delivered McLean, VA:fu: now I have to wait like 6 hours before I am home.
dont' forget the obligatory shoe porn pic once available..I'm not a boot person, but seeing pics after pics of the Lindricks is like a fu*&^%n torture session. It's such a beautiful creation. Unfortunately, not available in my size...
post #252 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post



I think the sales person is correct.  I wear a 10 1/2 in the PTB and the Marlow wingtip and a 10 in the loafer.  

Go figure, I wear 10 in the wingtip and a 10.5 in the tassel loafer

puzzled.gif

The wingtips are among the most snug shoes I own, but they now fit well with no discomfort at all (especially after a few wears). The tassels do fit a bit long, but I have wider feet and I couldn't get into a 10 when I was trying them on, so I sized up.
post #253 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

I went 0/2 on stamps. I'm not sure when Horween started stamping, but you normally don't see it ime

Fucking Spoo has all the luck.
post #254 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

dont' forget the obligatory shoe porn pic once available..I'm not a boot person, but seeing pics after pics of the Lindricks is like a fu*&^%n torture session. It's such a beautiful creation. Unfortunately, not available in my size...

Glad to rub it in.
post #255 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Fucking Spoo has all the luck.

Not really. I need to trade these in because of a small damage I found.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)