or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 160

post #2386 of 6049
Thread Starter 
^ Crockett & Jones "Harvard"
post #2387 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxer View Post

Which is the C&J model equivalent to the Marlow penny Loafer?

I think the closest is the Boston. Harvard is unlined version of Boston. Neither are full strap, which the Marlow is.
post #2388 of 6049
Ok, penny Marlow ordered in US10 ! hope it will fit like a UK9...
Can't wait..!
post #2389 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorm View Post

I think the closest is the Boston. Harvard is unlined version of Boston. Neither are full strap, which the Marlow is.
Boston's a big city in Massachusetts. Harvard is a college. Marlow is a detective. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-)
post #2390 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwedo View Post

Ok, penny Marlow ordered in US10 ! hope it will fit like a UK9...
Can't wait..!
Marlows Us sizing is just 1/2 size up form c&j uk sizing. So us 10 will be a uk 9.5. Then again penny is on a short last so if you have wide feet they might just work. Good luck !
post #2391 of 6049
Getting a new pair of marlow wingtips soon. I read somewhere on here that it's best to break in the soles before putting topys on them. But also that it can take quite a while for the thick marlow soles to break in. Suggestions?
post #2392 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Getting a new pair of marlow wingtips soon. I read somewhere on here that it's best to break in the soles before putting topys on them. But also that it can take quite a while for the thick marlow soles to break in. Suggestions?

Wear them on carpet a for a couple days.

post #2393 of 6049
^ Yup, what I did, and it made alll the difference in the world. Mine are super comfortable now. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2394 of 6049
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

^ Yup, what I did, and it made alll the difference in the world. Mine are super comfortable now. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

wearing them on a carpet made them comfortable? more than than concrete would have?
post #2395 of 6049
Marlows are overrated, bitchez.
post #2396 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Marlows are overrated, bitchez.


For retail ($850), I probably agree...  still a great shoe.

post #2397 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


For retail ($850), I probably agree...  still a great shoe.
I have nothing against the pricing. I think no one here paid the $850 price tag here in this thread. They go on sale twice a year. I just find it a bit difficult to fit properly on them due to my wide feet. And the double leather sole don't make it easy either.
post #2398 of 6049
its a beautiful freaking shoe. Probably the best wingtip on the marketz.
post #2399 of 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

its a beautiful freaking shoe. Probably the best wingtip on the marketz.

what?? you guys don't believe me? I challenge you to find a better shoo.
post #2400 of 6049
ok penny marlow received !

Size seems ok. a little space at the heel, but the shoe stay ok when i walk.
i am pretty sure if i order an half size down, it will be a bit small...
comparing my C&J (in UK9), Marlow are shorter (less than 1/2 inch)

if they don't stretch, they are perfect. if they stretch, they will be too roomy soon...
but i've heard that cordovan does not stretch...hope it's true

beautiful shoes by the way...smell, look, shape...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)