or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 157

post #2341 of 5956

Joseph A Banks is currently selling their shoe trees for 1/2 off or $12.50 a pair. Not as good as 3 for 1, but still a good deal if your in need of some shoe trees. They're definitely better than those being which Nordstroms Rack sells at $11.00 a pair.

post #2342 of 5956
Century 21 has shoes trees at 12.99.
post #2343 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Joseph A Banks is currently selling their shoe trees for 1/2 off or $12.50 a pair. Not as good as 3 for 1, but still a good deal if your in need of some shoe trees. They're definitely better than those being which Nordstroms Rack sells at $11.00 a pair.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Century 21 has shoes trees at 12.99.

 

 

Links help:

post #2344 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingsheep View Post

As promised, a few examples of what Venetian can do. I can't say enough how great their product is.

vyhe3yne.jpg

yzaru9ut.jpg

zu3emupe.jpg
Your Marlows look outstanding sir! Not at all like the new pair I just got. I believe I read somewhere on this thread that C&J's come with a lot of wax on them from the factory. Might using some Saphir Reno and brushing help to reveal more of the underlying shell while I wait for some Venetian shoe cream?
post #2345 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Your Marlows look outstanding sir! Not at all like the new pair I just got. I believe I read somewhere on this thread that C&J's come with a lot of wax on them from the factory. Might using some Saphir Reno and brushing help to reveal more of the underlying shell while I wait for some Venetian shoe cream?

I've used about three applications of Saphir Reno so far on my Lindricks and they look a bit better to me.

post #2346 of 5956

Note that Venetian Shoe Cream leaves more shine than Saphir. 

post #2347 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Note that Venetian Shoe Cream leaves more shine than Saphir. 

But isn't Venetian Shoe Cream just a neutral shoe cream?

post #2348 of 5956
Thank you...

I won't pretend to be an expert here but I'll bet a pretty penny that Reno will not hurt your shoes. I'm sure someone else can chime in here and help out... EDIT: there they are ^

Most of all, get out and wear the things icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2349 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

But isn't Venetian Shoe Cream just a neutral shoe cream?

 

Depends on what your definition of a 'neutral shoe cream' is. Venetian is made from fine oils, cleaning agents and waxes. Saphir probably is too. They are both conditioners. 

post #2350 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

Depends on what your definition of a 'neutral shoe cream' is. Venetian is made from fine oils, cleaning agents and waxes. Saphir probably is too. They are both conditioners. 

Saphir actually states it's a cleaner and conditioner, but Venetian only states that it is a shoe cream on the container.

post #2351 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Depends on what your definition of a 'neutral shoe cream' is. Venetian is made from fine oils, cleaning agents and waxes. Saphir probably is too. They are both conditioners. 

I feel like Venetian stripped the oils out of my 975's. Granted, it seems to have imparted a serious (and permanent) shine to the shoes, but there no longer is any bloom on the surface of the shell if I go a long time without wearing them.

The only thing I've ever used on my Marlow's is Saphir Renovateur. If I go a few weeks without wearing them, when I come back there is bloom on the surface of the shell.
post #2352 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Saphir actually states it's a cleaner and conditioner, but Venetian only states that it is a shoe cream on the container.

 I'm not seeing it: http://www.russellmoccasin.com/dressings/venetian_shoecream.html

 

"Cleans, Polishes, Preserves". 

 

BTW, Horween themselves use and recommend Venetian:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/274603/nick-v-interviews-nick-horween-horween-leather/0_100

post #2353 of 5956

I was going off of the label on the 32 oz tin.

 

 

Hard to see anythiing from this picture though.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Fore-Supply-Co-Neutral-Venetian/dp/B00A6GAT0Y/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1364513705&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=venetian+shoe+cream

post #2354 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post

I use Woodlore from Sierra Trading Post: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/cedarbrooke-by-woodlore-combination-cedar-shoe-tree-for-men~p~94022/?filterString=s~woodlore%2F&colorFamily=05

I just bought 8 pairs, with an emailed coupon for 35% off and $2.50 shipping.
The Ultras are adjustable. I noticed the small holes drilled in the wood and experimented with a small Phillips screwdriver to see which way to turn to make them shorter and narrower. They are still large enough that I only use them for my boots and "clunky" shoes built on larger lasts, but they work OK.

That's interesting. Wish I had thought to check on that before I get rid of my Ultras.
post #2355 of 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I was going off of the label on the 32 oz tin.

 

 

Hard to see anythiing from this picture though.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Fore-Supply-Co-Neutral-Venetian/dp/B00A6GAT0Y/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1364513705&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=venetian+shoe+cream

 

 

See:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)