or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 152

post #2266 of 5935
So I have some fit questions to come to you pros with...
I am typically a 9D - flatter, somewhat wide feet due to a lower arch. Low volume foot too, as in it's not super thick!

Anyhow enough about my feet - today I went to RL to try on Marlows and I tried on the 8.5 and 9 in the PTB offering, and a 9 in the SWB.

While the 9's both fit pretty well as far as width goes, the length was a bit much my foot slid forward. However in the 8.5 everything BUT the width was perfect. I just felt my pinky toes were a bit cramped. I don't know if that's something that will be able to somewhat get stretched out with wear, what do you all think?

(Included picture)

post #2267 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

So I have some fit questions to come to you pros with...
I am typically a 9D - flatter, somewhat wide feet due to a lower arch. Low volume foot too, as in it's not super thick!

Anyhow enough about my feet - today I went to RL to try on Marlows and I tried on the 8.5 and 9 in the PTB offering, and a 9 in the SWB.

While the 9's both fit pretty well as far as width goes, the length was a bit much my foot slid forward. However in the 8.5 everything BUT the width was perfect. I just felt my pinky toes were a bit cramped. I don't know if that's something that will be able to somewhat get stretched out with wear, what do you all think?

(Included picture)

They will get stretched out with wear. But this process may take over year ; depending how many times you wear them in a week - this will be a pain full process. If I were you I would've purchased 9 and use insoles. I have wide feet and I feel your pain ! I was lucky enough to score PTB in wide E width.
post #2268 of 5935
Thread Starter 
The 325 is such a shitty last. I too wish it was offered in an e width
post #2269 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

They will get stretched out with wear. But this process may take over year ; depending how many times you wear them in a week - this will be a pain full process. If I were you I would've purchased 9 and use insoles. I have wide feet and I feel your pain ! I was lucky enough to score PTB in wide E width.

I mean, I can still purchase the 9 - I haven't bought any shoes yet! The pic was stolen from here haha. I'm just worried about length ahha.
post #2270 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

The 325 is such a shitty last. I too wish it was offered in an e width

Really very true. It's just a bad shape... Too bad. Everything else about them is very nice
post #2271 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingsheep View Post

Really very true. It's just a bad shape... Too bad. Everything else about them is very nice

No last shape is bad... just not as nice. fing02[1].gif Okay, Alden's TruSquare last is bad...
post #2272 of 5935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

I mean, I can still purchase the 9 - I haven't bought any shoes yet! The pic was stolen from here haha. I'm just worried about length ahha.

If you are set on getting a pair, go with the size that fits you lengthwise because the width can relax and stretch a bit over time. Length is fixed
post #2273 of 5935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

No last shape is bad... just not as nice. fing02[1].gif Okay, Alden's TruSquare last is bad...

Truflare is a disaster. Hurrican truflare
post #2274 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

The 325 is such a shitty last. I too wish it was offered in an e width
They offer it with E width - in Europe.
post #2275 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Truflare is a disaster. Hurrican truflare

SF has the San Andreas Fault, Alden has the TruFlair Fault
post #2276 of 5935

How often does RL put out a discount? Seriously looking at those Marlow wingtips, but 850$ is a bit high.  

post #2277 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

How often does RL put out a discount? Seriously looking at those Marlow wingtips, but 850$ is a bit high.  

Pretty regular... it's hoping your size is still available.
post #2278 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

How often does RL put out a discount? Seriously looking at those Marlow wingtips, but 850$ is a bit high.  

Pretty regular... it's hoping your size is still available.

Hopefully! I'm a 13D, I'm hoping a 13D won't pinch my toes.

post #2279 of 5935
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

I mean, I can still purchase the 9 - I haven't bought any shoes yet! The pic was stolen from here haha. I'm just worried about length ahha.

You can always add a thin insole to fill out the volume a bit if you buy the larger size. I've started to use the Tacco leather insoles. Ive seen them branded as Saphir but they are available at amazon under the Tacco brand for half the price.
post #2280 of 5935
How close to TTS do the RL marlow wingtips run? What are other members fit experiences with this shoe? I wear an 11D, -.5 size from my TTS which is 11.5, in my barrie lasted Alden LWB's. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by BeSpiffington - 3/23/13 at 5:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)