or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 16

post #226 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

had the same problem as Namor. the vamp on the right shoe (pictured on left) is really a different color than the other one. it looks like a two tone
a bit hard to tell with flash/bad lighting but its pretty obvious
263
The lighter shoe looks to have been worn a good bit. The darker one looks perfectly new. Seems like an odd pair to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

How does the C&J sizing go for RL? I remember contacting the C&J factory and they said that they only size up by 1/2 (e.g., US 7 is their UK 6.5). Any insight?

Correct on the 325 lasted shoes. I don't know about the others.
post #227 of 5761
Is the Darlton now the Marlow?
post #228 of 5761
Sizing question.

I own the Wing Tips and would like to add the loafers.

My wing tips are 10.5 and fit me perfectly. Spoke to a sales person and they recommend sizing down to a 10.

Would love to hear comments from anyone here who own both.

thanks.
post #229 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post

Is the Darlton now the Marlow?

I think they're both. At least they were last time I was in an RL store. One name online, and one name in the store.
post #230 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyc1 View Post

Sizing question.
I own the Wing Tips and would like to add the loafers.
My wing tips are 10.5 and fit me perfectly. Spoke to a sales person and they recommend sizing down to a 10.
Would love to hear comments from anyone here who own both.
thanks.

I'm curious too. If anything, my understanding is you'd size up from the wingtips. See, for example, this earlier post.
post #231 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm31 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyc1 View Post

Sizing question.
I own the Wing Tips and would like to add the loafers.
My wing tips are 10.5 and fit me perfectly. Spoke to a sales person and they recommend sizing down to a 10.
Would love to hear comments from anyone here who own both.
thanks.

I'm curious too. If anything, my understanding is you'd size up from the wingtips. See, for example, this earlier post.

Read it again.
He got the same size in both wingtips and loafers.

My personal experience is same size in Marlow/Darlton wingtips as penny loafers.
You'll get lots of heel slip with the loafers until they break in though.
post #232 of 5761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Read it again.
He got the same size in both wingtips and loafers.
My personal experience is same size in Marlow/Darlton wingtips as penny loafers.
You'll get lots of heel slip with the loafers until they break in though.

+1. Same size in wingtips and penny loafer. Zippy, have you tried on the tassel? It appears to be on a different last from the penny
post #233 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Read it again.
He got the same size in both wingtips and loafers.
My personal experience is same size in Marlow/Darlton wingtips as penny loafers.
You'll get lots of heel slip with the loafers until they break in though.

+1. Same size in wingtips and penny loafer. Zippy, have you tried on the tassel? It appears to be on a different last from the penny

Not yet. They're still in Kernersville NC.
post #234 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Read it again.
He got the same size in both wingtips and loafers.
My personal experience is same size in Marlow/Darlton wingtips as penny loafers.
You'll get lots of heel slip with the loafers until they break in though.

Yeah I'm 10's in all of them. The pennies and tassels just took a little while longer to break in.
post #235 of 5761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not yet. They're still in Kernersville NC.

haa, same. I purchased a brown pair and also a black pair. might keep the black one. kinda getting cigar'ed out
post #236 of 5761
Got my Marlows today - the 12D fits perfect in the length, but it's slightly wide. I also have a low instep, so as you can see in the first pic here, the laces are pulled all the way together in order to get them to fit tight enough. I think if I stick a tongue pad in there, it should be a little bit better. That's probably the best I'll be able to do with these though, since the 11.5 would definitely be too short in the length.

Also, it appears that someone may have tried these on in the store before they were shipped to me - either that or they got scratched by someone at some point....you can see the marks on the right shoe in the first pic. Is something like this easy to buff out? The cordovan isn't actually scratched into the leather, it just looks like scuff marks, so hopefully I can polish these out.

338
192
post #237 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not yet. They're still in Kernersville NC.

haa, same. I purchased a brown pair and also a black pair. might keep the black one. kinda getting cigar'ed out

Say it ain't so.

Ralph free shipping is getting worse.
This past spring I ordered some stuff and the free shipping was upgraded to 2nd day.
Last month's order was sent fedex ground.
This order was sent the dreaded fedex home delivery. At lest they deliver on Saturday.
post #238 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Also, it appears that someone may have tried these on in the store before they were shipped to me - either that or they got scratched by someone at some point....you can see the marks on the right shoe in the first pic. Is something like this easy to buff out? The cordovan isn't actually scratched into the leather, it just looks like scuff marks, so hopefully I can polish these out.

Those scuffs should rub/brush out. Resist the urge to use polish.
I was wearing cordovan shoes today and noticed a small scuff on them while at work.
I started rubbing the scuff with my thumb.
Cow-orker I was talking to at the time stopped the conversation and just said "wtf are you doing?"
post #239 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Read it again.
He got the same size in both wingtips and loafers.

And he said the wingtips fit "perfect" and the loafers were "tight."
Quote:
My personal experience is same size in Marlow/Darlton wingtips as penny loafers.
You'll get lots of heel slip with the loafers until they break in though.

OK, thanks.
post #240 of 5761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Those scuffs should rub/brush out. Resist the urge to use polish.
I was wearing cordovan shoes today and noticed a small scuff on them while at work.
I started rubbing the scuff with my thumb.
Cow-orker I was talking to at the time stopped the conversation and just said "wtf are you doing?"

haaaa, yess! Similar work story, I have taken my shoes off and polished them with a christmas stocking. I was praying no one would walk by. whew
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)