or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 142

post #2116 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Where?  I've looked and can not find the listing by goldabelny...baldy%5B1%5D.gif

 

It's goldlabelny and all the marlows are gone. 

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Mens-Shoes-/93427/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_ssn=goldlabelny

post #2117 of 6078

I was quick enough to grab a pair for $399 mwink[1].gif

post #2118 of 6078
He has more listed, good luck...
post #2119 of 6078
(I asked this in the Alden thread too.) On some RL Marlow wingtips I'm undecided on, there are pieces that are noticeably lighter than others, and I was wondering, if I use something like the dark brown Saphir Cordovan Shoe Cream, will this discrepancy improve over time? Or, is this a bad idea/assumption? I'd prefer them to be a dark brown over a medium brown, in case it influences anyone's answer.
post #2120 of 6078
If you want them to be darker, that's actually fairly easy. Use either the Saphir or Allen Edmonds dark brown Cordovan cream. Just be careful to do an even application, as any parts that have too heavy a coat will be darker brown. The vamp of my right shoe, on my newly acquired or RL Marlow wingtips, are a shade lighter than the rest of the shoe. However, it does not bother me, in fact I kind of like it. If it begins to bother me, I plan to use the Allen Edmonds Brown Shell cream.
post #2121 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

If you want them to be darker, that's actually fairly easy. Use either the Saphir or Allen Edmonds dark brown Cordovan cream. Just be careful to do an even application, as any parts that have too heavy a coat will be darker brown. The vamp of my right shoe, on my newly acquired or RL Marlow wingtips, are a shade lighter than the rest of the shoe. However, it does not bother me, in fact I kind of like it. If it begins to bother me, I plan to use the Allen Edmonds Brown Shell cream.

So, an even application over the whole shoe -- don't intentionally put more cream on the pieces that are lighter in color -- with the idea that, over time, the differences I see now will subside?
post #2122 of 6078
Yes, that is what I plan to do. If, however, there are certain pieces that are darker than you'd like, you can skip those. I've used it on my brown shell strands (same shell color as the RLs) it did a good job of evenly darkening them.
post #2123 of 6078
I have pair of size 10D Lindricks for sale in the B&S if anyone's interested.
post #2124 of 6078

For those with the Marlow wingtip, does the shell have any give/stretch at the ball of the foot?  Tried on a pair and it was fairly snug at the ball of my foot and would be alright if it stretched just a little bit.  Salesman said it would stretch and mould to my foot, but wanted to tap into the collective wisdom here.

post #2125 of 6078

I've only worn my wingtips twice to break in, but the 1-year-old PTBs I have stretched laterally across the ball very well, to fit my somewhat wide (on the border of D and E) foot.  

post #2126 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

I've only worn my wingtips twice to break in, but the 1-year-old PTBs I have stretched laterally across the ball very well, to fit my somewhat wide (on the border of D and E) foot.  

 

Thanks, this is very helpful as I'm on the border of a 12D/E and a little stretching of the wingtips would I think work quite well.

post #2127 of 6078

I recently got a pair of dark brown shell cordovan Marlow and it's my new favorite shoe.  I absolutely love the look of it and it fits really well so far.  I'm really glad I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy them.  Now...do I get the loafer next?  I think I might.

post #2128 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Thanks, this is very helpful as I'm on the border of a 12D/E and a little stretching of the wingtips would I think work quite well.

Mine were super tight but I took Namors advice to go a 1/2 size down and it is perfect. They were tight for maybe first 2 wears then after that I can wear them all day with no problems. Shell is amazing
post #2129 of 6078
x-post from wvg thread




WvG: 2-ply 120 Pinpoint
WvG: Joker Plaid Bloodline Trousers
Polo RL: Knit Tie
RRL: Braided Belt
Richer Poorer: XXX Socks
C&J for RL: Shell Tassels
post #2130 of 6078
I have RL Cordovan Cigar Colored Marlow Shortwing Topy'd in great condition 7.5D. Maybe 15 wears total on em.... No blemishes to speak of. Minimal creasing as well. PM if interested or to get in touch with me asap, email @ alfie.sang@gmail.com .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)