or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 131

post #1951 of 6126
gentpax, yes, I'm referring to Saphir's specialized cordovan cream. Tried it and now shun it. Venetian is the one and only, recommended by none other than Skip Horween.
post #1952 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Shell and RL experts, here are my shoes and here is the said blemish on my shoes. What is the thought? ask to exchange or will this go away with some Reno?
IMAG0757.jpg
Im wearing them around the house and I wasnt sure if I liked the last on my foot but after trying a few trousers I am kinda inlove.gif
Brush this out in like two minutes.... nothing to fret about ..
post #1953 of 6126
^

Just to offer a similar story, I had the same issue when I got my marlows last year and had asked RL to polish it to clear up. Even with their polishing they couldn't get rid of it so they exchanged it for me.
post #1954 of 6126

Worth to try.

I've removed this:

 

700

post #1955 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

gentpax, yes, I'm referring to Saphir's specialized cordovan cream. Tried it and now shun it. Venetian is the one and only, recommended by none other than Skip Horween.

I have been using Saphir's cream on all my cordovan. Both #8 and dark brown and I have had no issues whatsoever after two years of usage. The color also hides any scratches so I see no reason to stop using it.
post #1956 of 6126
Has the sizing on the penny loafers changed at all since they changed the name from "darlton" to Marlow?

I felt the pennies ran about a half size small before.
post #1957 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

gentpax, yes, I'm referring to Saphir's specialized cordovan cream. Tried it and now shun it. Venetian is the one and only, recommended by none other than Skip Horween.

Thanks. I've been using Reno on shell the last few years with no problems, although one would question whether or not the trace amount of turps are good for the hide. Saw Skip's recco in the past, but still haven't tried Venetian Cream... largely because anyone who has it online seems to charge prohibitively for shipping. Completely passed over the Cordo Cream as Reno worked fine, and the addition of neatsfoot oil (which may or may not darken leather).
post #1958 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Worth to try.
I've removed this:

How did you do it? PM me if you dont want to take up a spot on the thread. Thanks!
post #1959 of 6126
While trying to piece together what I did this weekend through iPhone photos, did find this pic from Thursday:
tumblr_mczjpl0Aj61qb0bszo1_500.jpg
post #1960 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I have been using Saphir's cream on all my cordovan. Both #8 and dark brown and I have had no issues whatsoever after two years of usage. The color also hides any scratches so I see no reason to stop using it.

This, I do the same and it works just fine. All of above scratches can be easily removed, I've had even worse.
post #1961 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentpax View Post

Thanks. I've been using Reno on shell the last few years with no problems, although one would question whether or not the trace amount of turps are good for the hide. Saw Skip's recco in the past, but still haven't tried Venetian Cream... largely because anyone who has it online seems to charge prohibitively for shipping. Completely passed over the Cordo Cream as Reno worked fine, and the addition of neatsfoot oil (which may or may not darken leather).

I bought my Venetian Shoe Cream a few months ago from Fore Supply Co: http://bit.ly/VMdPND

 

IIRC the shipping charge was not too bad, I'd recommend it (although 32oz is about a lifetime supply worth of Venetian Cream)

post #1962 of 6126
32 Ounces of Venetian Shoe Cream!

You crazy!

(Although the price is dirt cheap)
post #1963 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

32 Ounces of Venetian Shoe Cream!
You crazy!
(Although the price is dirt cheap)

Heck, being the nutty stockist that I am (I can't -stand- running out of anything), I ordered 2 when I got them last year.

Heck, I'm not 10% through -one- container yet and there's already a nag in the back of my head that I might need to get more.
post #1964 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I'll know I've gone too far if I end up owning both of these. I guess my question is: both shoes are gorgeous, and if I had to pick one, I lust more after the boots. But, will the shoes get more use?

One more question guys. Do you think the Marlow and Lindrick differ in their ability to be dressed up, say with an odd jacket or suit? On paper I suppose a boot is a touch more casual, and the boots have eyelets. Otherwise, they look pretty much the same, and likely even more so when covered by a pant leg. Thank you for your thoughts.
post #1965 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

I bought my Venetian Shoe Cream a few months ago from Fore Supply Co: http://bit.ly/VMdPND

IIRC the shipping charge was not too bad, I'd recommend it (although 32oz is about a lifetime supply worth of Venetian Cream)

Thanks for the link. Just got a tin. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)