or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 77

post #1141 of 6295
I just clicked thru my email link and found out that Marlow wingtip, penny, and tassel are 30% off + 15% kicker. so that make it $505.75+tax, which is still not bad but not as good as sub-$400 for sure.
post #1142 of 6295
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

cool, but how do you feel about how they stack up to one another? You'd said the Marlow was your only loafer. Is that to say you find it superior to the LHS?

yeah, my only loafer now. Ive gone through about 7 pairs in the past year and just one remains: the RL penny. Both are good loafers but I prefer the aesthetic and build quality of CJ over Alden. At the end of the day, I went with the C&J, because I preferred brown shell over #8 and the C&J was $200 less than Alden. Consequently sent the Alden loafers back to BB
post #1143 of 6295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

yeah, my only loafer now. Ive gone through about 7 pairs in the past year and just one remains: the RL penny. Both are good loafers but I prefer the aesthetic and build quality of CJ over Alden. At the end of the day, I went with the C&J, because I preferred brown shell over #8 and the C&J was $200 less than Alden. Consequently sent the Alden loafers back to BB


word, thanks.

the Marlow is unlined, right?
post #1144 of 6295
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

word, thanks.
the Marlow is unlined, right?

lined. C&J makes a similar loafer, the "harvard" in a lined and unlined version. The RL equivalent of the "Boston", the penny, is only available lined
post #1145 of 6295

How does the 325 and 314 last compare to 341? which gives the tightest fit in the toebox in regards to the width?

 

 

post #1146 of 6295
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

I just clicked thru my email link and found out that Marlow wingtip, penny, and tassel are 30% off + 15% kicker. so that make it $505.75+tax, which is still not bad but not as good as sub-$400 for sure.

Hmm don't see my email link yet how did you get it early?
post #1147 of 6295
In november they were not only sub 400$ but were 303$ plus taxes happy.gif and sold out quickly, the penny in few hours.
post #1148 of 6295
I just called, they told me that shell cordovan is excluded from the sale. Ugh.

baldy[1].gif
post #1149 of 6295

Strange - why the differences...

 

40%+15% vs 30% + 15% 

shell is included vs excluded...?

 

We'll just have to see tomorrow morning.  Was planning to get the wingtips, but if they're not included, might have to wait till November.  

 

post #1150 of 6295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Strange - why the differences...

40%+15% vs 30% + 15% 
shell is included vs excluded...?

We'll just have to see tomorrow morning.  Was planning to get the wingtips, but if they're not included, might have to wait till November.  

will this sale be in RL stores as well?
post #1151 of 6295
Can someone kindly post the contents of the private sales email? It's a bit confusing right now.
post #1152 of 6295
Link says 30% off shell?
post #1153 of 6295
I got the link this morning and it is 30% + 15% off shell. Currently 505.75 for Marlow

345
post #1154 of 6295
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaymanX View Post

Can someone kindly post the contents of the private sales email? It's a bit confusing right now.

My email says it is a private sale with a single use code for up to 40% + 15% now through May 2nd for a single purchase. It includes click through links.

I just put a $850 Marlow that lists on page as $850 (but underneath says Take 30% Off) in my basket and applied my code and it shows as 30% + 15% off my price for a final price of $505.

Looks like the up to 40% is the key point here.

ps - using the click through, the instructions say that the navigation is specific to the private sale event. The shoes link in the nav specifically says "up to 30% off" where other links (like RLX) are "up to 40% off". Hope that helps!
post #1155 of 6295
Thanks for the clarification guys.. How does one get an invitation anyhow? If someone has a code they're not using, I would seriously appreciate it if you could throw it my way! smile.gif

** Update: Thanks to razl, no longer need a code **

THANKS!!!
Edited by LaymanX - 4/26/12 at 7:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)