or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 72

post #1066 of 5783

Is anyone in this thread willing to offer proxy services to Australia? I'd hate to miss out on these a second time, and a May sale gives me enough time to put away some cash.

post #1067 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Is anyone in this thread willing to offer proxy services to Australia? I'd hate to miss out on these a second time, and a May sale gives me enough time to put away some cash.

I'd suggest sending a pm to randomkoreandude: He proxies, plus he's usually pretty locked in to the RL sales: http://www.styleforum.net/t/268417/crockett-jones-for-ralph-lauren-cordovan-marlow-darlton-gifford-garran-lindrick-mccallum-rhett/855#post_5079526

I've sent stuff to Australia before and had no issues; but it is pretty expensive from the US!
post #1068 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


I'd suggest sending a pm to randomkoreandude: He proxies, plus he's usually pretty locked in to the RL sales: http://www.styleforum.net/t/268417/crockett-jones-for-ralph-lauren-cordovan-marlow-darlton-gifford-garran-lindrick-mccallum-rhett/855#post_5079526
I've sent stuff to Australia before and had no issues; but it is pretty expensive from the US!


 

I am seriously considering the Marlow PTB. Even though I just picked up some burgundy shell Leeds, I can't stop thinking about the the dark brown shell color. I haven't seen the PTB on the RL site for a while now, just the wingtip. However, my local RL store still has it on the shelf. The SA will give me a shout as the sale approaches. Are the PTB and wingtip Marlow on the same last and/or fit the same way? I found TTS fit better than 1/2 size down on the wingtip. I oughta try on the PTB before the sale hits.

post #1069 of 5783
Thread Starter 
526
post #1070 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post




I am seriously considering the Marlow PTB. Even though I just picked up some burgundy shell Leeds, I can't stop thinking about the the dark brown shell color. I haven't seen the PTB on the RL site for a while now, just the wingtip. However, my local RL store still has it on the shelf. The SA will give me a shout as the sale approaches. Are the PTB and wingtip Marlow on the same last and/or fit the same way? I found TTS fit better than 1/2 size down on the wingtip. I oughta try on the PTB before the sale hits.

I think PTB is 341 and wingtip is 325: http://www.styleforum.net/t/268417/crockett-jones-for-ralph-lauren-cordovan-marlow-darlton-gifford-garran-lindrick-mccallum-rhett/660#post_4979710
I'll double check when I get home if my PTB say 341; I'll also check my Lindricks, which I think are the same as the wingtip.

I've never seen the PTB on the website. I picked mine up in store, as well.
post #1071 of 5783
PTB isn't in the 341, that is usually used for oxford.
Bradford shell blucher is in this last and the difference is visible:

263
317

marlow:

263

I still think that both ptb and wingtip are on the same 325 last.
post #1072 of 5783

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

526


Nice to see the Lindricks getting some sun, NAMOR.  I knew it wouldn't be long, since you noted you had only worn them 3 times... P.S. if you ever get tired of them, give me a shout (since they are seemingly no longer available and I believe you and I wear the same size shoe). 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


I am seriously considering the Marlow PTB. Even though I just picked up some burgundy shell Leeds, I can't stop thinking about the the dark brown shell color. I haven't seen the PTB on the RL site for a while now, just the wingtip. However, my local RL store still has it on the shelf. The SA will give me a shout as the sale approaches. Are the PTB and wingtip Marlow on the same last and/or fit the same way? I found TTS fit better than 1/2 size down on the wingtip. I oughta try on the PTB before the sale hits.

 

I am the same size in the Marlow PTB and the AE Leeds, even though they are pretty different lasts.  At first the Marlow had a little bit of heel slip, but that has gone now that the thick double-soles are broken in.  Planning to get the Marlow wingtip either May or November.

post #1073 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post


I still think that both ptb and wingtip are on the same 325 last.


That's the word I got from the C&J factory when I emailed them so the Pembroke would be a calf leather version of the Marlow wingtip, I guess, with Dainite soles rather than double leather. The penny loafers are on the 314 last.

post #1074 of 5783
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Nice to see the Lindricks getting some sun, NAMOR.  I knew it wouldn't be long, since you noted you had only worn them 3 times... P.S. if you ever get tired of them, give me a shout (since they are seemingly no longer available and I believe you and I wear the same size shoe). 

will do. The reason why I havent worn this boot has to do with the weather. When exposed to water, leather soles get disproportionally darker at the points of contact so I try to minimize the amount of exposure to rain. Instead, I wear my BB Peal boots with Dainite sole. When the rain stops, and the sun comes up and becomes too hot, cordovan becomes unattractive in this NorCal weather. Instead I turn to my Darlton loafer.

My life is complicated, i know
post #1075 of 5783
I've got a pair of 11D Marlows that are too big and have seen very light wear (<8 hours). Send me PM if you've got a 10.5D you'd like to trade/sell.
post #1076 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbegins View Post

I've got a pair of 11D Marlows that are too big and have seen very light wear (<8 hours). Send me PM if you've got a 10.5D you'd like to trade/sell.


PTB or wingtip? I may be interested in those 11D's if they are a PTB.

post #1077 of 5783
I just did a visual check of my Marlow PTB and Lindrick boots against some Peal C&J and AS shoes I have. The Peals are marked clearly using the C&J and AS systems; I don't know why the RLs are not marked the same way.

The Lindrick is an exact match for the C&J 325 last. I don't know for sure, but I think the Marlow Wingtip is the same last as the Lindrick.

My Marlow PTB is most definitely NOT the 325. I don't have a matching pair of C&J's, but my AS 87 lasts are almost an exact match. Is it possible that the PTB is AS and not C&J?
post #1078 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

will do. The reason why I havent worn this boot has to do with the weather. When exposed to water, leather soles get disproportionally darker at the points of contact so I try to minimize the amount of exposure to rain. Instead, I wear my BB Peal boots with Dainite sole. When the rain stops, and the sun comes up and becomes too hot, cordovan becomes unattractive in this NorCal weather. Instead I turn to my Darlton loafer.
My life is complicated, i know

At least you don't have to deal with NYC people stepping on your feet... last thing you need is a pair of square-toed Kenneth Cole Reaction shoes blemishing cordovan. cloud.gif

I've always been ambivalent about the Lindrick. I haven't bought one because they don't go down to a UK 6 but the curve broguing on the shaft throws me off (I know most people do like that detail though).
post #1079 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post



PTB or wingtip? I may be interested in those 11D's if they are a PTB.

The wingtip...
post #1080 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbegins View Post


The wingtip...


Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)