or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 71

post #1051 of 5248
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

I wear 6E on the 348 and 6.5E/7D On the AE 5 last and the RL C&J are roomy for me. Rationalization works great but buyer's remorse is worse. I've wanted the Lindrick's but 6.5 in C&J is too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

I was told in Dec. to come back the first week of May for 40% off the Marlow wingtips.
...I was @ the RL MagMile today and had the opportunity to try the Marlow wingtip. I was hoping 7D would be a half size too big to end the obsession confused.gif, but surprise, it was a great fit. My SA was kind enough to put it (and the PTB) aside until the 40% private sale and allow we to think about it. He also mentioned that typically 2-3 days before the sale, they would know about the additional kicker discounts. Since this is the first time I;ve actually seen them, these RL line of shell items are just beautiful.
post #1052 of 5248
If a 12 shows up, please let me know.
post #1053 of 5248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Dont they run 1/2 size large?

ime, yes, thus I would need a 11.5 instead of a 12. However, for others, they go tts in the 325 last. Just not me

^ awesome seller btw
post #1054 of 5248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post

I'll keep my eye out, but probably not frown.gif
Sorry bro.

oye. thanks man. appreciate you looking out.
post #1055 of 5248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

That is a helluvalotta cordovan boot for $420 smackers.

for a boot of such magnificence, indeed. you're a size 9.5?
post #1056 of 5248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

...I was @ the RL MagMile today and had the opportunity to try the Marlow wingtip. I was hoping 7D would be a half size too big to end the obsession confused.gif, but surprise, it was a great fit. My SA was kind enough to put it (and the PTB) aside until the 40% private sale and allow we to think about it. He also mentioned that typically 2-3 days before the sale, they would know about the additional kicker discounts. Since this is the first time I;ve actually seen them, these RL line of shell items are just beautiful.

Hope it works out well for you! the half size is just a tad past my comfort zone. I already have numerous PTB and wingtip boots from Alden so that's how I rationalize not having to get C&J/RL.
post #1057 of 5248
The 25% Give in Style just came through....do I wait on the hope that they will be part of the 40% insider sale in May or go for it now at 25%???
post #1058 of 5248

I'm waiting on the 40% for my marlow wingtips - if for some reason they are out of my size or something in May, the 40% comes back in November too, most likely.  Plus, last year they did a surprise 50% off earlier in the fall if I remember right (there are references to it in this thread, back then). 

post #1059 of 5248
Thread Starter 
^ ahhh yes. That was awesome. Also picked up the Lindricks for 40% off. Wearing them today for only the third time
post #1060 of 5248
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ ahhh yes. That was awesome. Also picked up the Lindricks for 40% off. Wearing them today for only the third time

Only three times?! Those boots are too spectacular to keep closeted... then again you have so much to choose from. drool.gif I'd be wearing the Lindrick 2 or 3 times a week if only they had my size. censored.gif
post #1061 of 5248
Thread Starter 
There is a satisfaction that comes just from owning them. I see them everyday and know if I wanted to, I could. I'll begin wearing them more as I recently sold my Ravello Alden wingtip boots
post #1062 of 5248

I've got a new pair of Marlow wingtips and PTBs on the way. Is it recommended that I put toe taps on as soon as I get them?

post #1063 of 5248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

I've got a new pair of Marlow wingtips and PTBs on the way. Is it recommended that I put toe taps on as soon as I get them?

i have them on all my shoes and i won't miss them. from nailed to flush. from metal to rubber. i highly recommend them. just stay away from the plastic nailed ons, imo.

no problems with wooden floors in all the years.
post #1064 of 5248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

i have them on all my shoes and i won't miss them. from nailed to flush. from metal to rubber.i highly recommend them. stay away from the plastic nailed ons, imo.
no problems with wooden floors in all the years.

+1. i wont wear a pair until they are installed
post #1065 of 5248

fritzl, NAMOR,

 

Thanks for the advice. I'll get the taps put on as soon as I get the shoes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)