or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 69

post #1021 of 6126
Thread Starter 
Received a compliment on my penny loafers today:

(a dog had just pooped in the grass but the owner did not pick up its shit. A stranger, who also saw this stopped me to point out what had just happened)

Hippy Janitor: Did you see that?
Me: yeah, what the fuck is wrong with people?
HJ: i'd watch out if I were you. Your shoes are nice, what are they, like $80? You dont want to get shit on them
Me: sarcasm.gif
post #1022 of 6126
$80 crackup[1].gif

nobody would pay $80 for those shoes!

nest.gif
post #1023 of 6126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

$80 crackup[1].gif
nobody would pay $80 for those shoes!
nest.gif

right? imagine how much less they would be with poo on them.
post #1024 of 6126
facepalm.gif

with poo u charge xtra!
post #1025 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Received a compliment on my penny loafers today:
(a dog had just pooped in the grass but the owner did not pick up its shit. A stranger, who also saw this stopped me to point out what had just happened)
Hippy Janitor: Did you see that?
Me: yeah, what the fuck is wrong with people?
HJ: i'd watch out if I were you. Your shoes are nice, what are they, like $80? You dont want to get shit on them
Me: sarcasm.gif

Sure you weren't wearing your Duckie Browns?
post #1026 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Received a compliment on my penny loafers today:
(a dog had just pooped in the grass but the owner did not pick up its shit. A stranger, who also saw this stopped me to point out what had just happened)
Hippy Janitor: Did you see that?
Me: yeah, what the fuck is wrong with people?
HJ: i'd watch out if I were you. Your shoes are nice, what are they, like $80? You dont want to get shit on them
Me: sarcasm.gif

Considering the guy might have already been a seasoned janitor when the Hippy era came, accounting for inflation, the novice estimate of the gentleman seems about right. biggrin.gif
post #1027 of 6126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

facepalm.gif
with poo u charge xtra!

Good point. I forgot to mention it was a poodle.

A, I sold/returned all of my duckies. A DB rep even contacted me to arrange an exchange or refund or gift card but I decided against it. just sent the black beauty back to Gilt as i didnt foresee myself wearing them. Afterall My $80 shoes weren't going to wear themselves
post #1028 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Good point. I forgot to mention it was a poodle.
A, I sold/returned all of my duckies. A DB rep even contacted me to arrange an exchange or refund or gift card but I decided against it. just sent the black beauty back to Gilt as i didnt foresee myself wearing them. Afterall My $80 shoes weren't going to wear themselves

I thought there was an 'all sales final, no returns' type of deal on the Gilt ones?
post #1029 of 6126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I thought there was an 'all sales final, no returns' type of deal on the Gilt ones?

True but Not if you have LaShanda's business card :wink:
post #1030 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Sorry for the threadjack, but can anyone identify these C&J's for Polo?
467
263
263

Polo model name is Alton. Don't know what C&J name is. I have only once seen this shoe under C&J name, a pair in brown calf offered recently by A Fine Pair of Shoes.
post #1031 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poshak Man View Post

Polo model name is Alton. Don't know what C&J name is. I have only once seen this shoe under C&J name, a pair in brown calf offered recently by A Fine Pair of Shoes.

Looks to be on the 337, but I could be wrong.
post #1032 of 6126
post #1033 of 6126
Thread Starter 
^ isnt that the same guy who wanted to cut off the stitching? facepalm.gif
post #1034 of 6126
Edit
Edited by DpprDr - 3/8/12 at 10:04am
post #1035 of 6126

Just got a hardly worn pair of the Marlow penny loafers which I'd been thinking about ever since I saw this post. They were a little dry when I got them so I've followed the instructions in the Leffot video and they seem to have come out really well - the sun hasn't risen yet over here so I've not seen them yet in natural light. I'll take pics later but I'm a happy camper! The brown on these is really special.

 

Please excuse the lower quality of the phone camera pics. Here they are:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG00521-20120310-1235.jpgIMG00520-20120310-1233.jpg

 


Edited by Gerry Nelson - 3/9/12 at 10:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)