or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread - Page 62

post #916 of 2053
Instakop or not....


post #917 of 2053
I would not have waited as long as it took to post.
post #918 of 2053
besides Cords, flannels, (and jeans biggrin.gif), what other trouser materials are appropriate pairing for a 15oz Harris Tweed SC ? Thanks
post #919 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlSarge View Post

Just curious, but where do you guys get these fine display models to show off your jackets?  Are they on ebay?  Do you hunt down men's stores about to close?  I'd like one.

Ours is an old 1960s vintage tailors dummy but you can buy new ones on ebay biggrin.gif
post #920 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankthinks View Post

very nice... unfortunately cant find my size 36r...

I am just adding more in various sizes so keep an eye on the website wink.gif
post #921 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

posted these in the unfunded thread but for you tweedbois, H&S sherry tweeds, some of these patterns (2nd pic) I really love and will be ordering a few:
1350685657.jpg

Ed, what are you making? Love the top four patterns (PoW & Hounds tooth) on the right.
post #922 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Harris Tweed:

It's a nice enough jacket, but I love that tie.
post #923 of 2053
post #924 of 2053

I just received 3m of Gala tweed from Lovat Mill (see pic) with plans for a 3/2 SC inspired by Spoo & Butler. Would patch pockets (with a welt breast pocket) be overkill with such a powerful cloth?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #925 of 2053

Not to my eye.  So stunning a tweed fairly screams a need for pockets as you describe.  If you were too shy for the pockets you'd never have ordered that cloth in the first place.  Carry on, that man!

post #926 of 2053
I would support a nomination of that tweed as the Official Tweed of Style Forum™
post #927 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Ed, what are you making? Love the top four patterns (PoW & Hounds tooth) on the right.

yeah, those four are great but they are all really nice, my pics are awful and you need to see them up close to appreciate the colors/patterns. I'm ordering about 6-8 of them, here are better pics:

1351119883.jpg

1351119838.jpg

1351119760.jpg
post #928 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

It's a nice enough jacket, but I love that tie.


Thanks!

I got it here:

http://www.carlofranco.com/ties/silk/deep-burnt-orange-navy-green-paisley-silk-7-fold-xl-tie.html
post #929 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

yeah, those four are great but they are all really nice, my pics are awful and you need to see them up close to appreciate the colors/patterns. I'm ordering about 6-8 of them, here are better pics:
1351119883.jpg
1351119838.jpg
1351119760.jpg

What are you making?
post #930 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I would support a nomination of that tweed as the Official Tweed of Style Forum™

So moved.  Is there a second?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread