or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 2052

^^^^ I kind of like the headless mannequin. He looks so calm and collected. As for the red and white herringbone sportcoat, I saw a woman wearing a similar but more vibrantly red fabric as an overcoat. I really like it.

 

Hooman Majd in a vintage sportcoat (GQ):

Hooman Majd tweed sportcoat

 

Harris Tweed vomited on a bag (Tommy Ton for GQ)---I have a jacket in Harris Tweed almost identical to the lower right!

Harris Tweed patchwork bag

 

Is this Wooster? I'm not intimately acquainted with his jaw line (Tommy Ton for GQ again)---my favorite thing about this is the orange knot in the lapel; I actually don't like the tweed on tweed on tweed (particularly the herringbone tie) here, since more varied textures would have been more appealing... not to mention the "sprezzy" unfastened collar tab:

Herringbone Tweed jacket vest tie

post #167 of 2052
534

547

541


A few more images of Harris Tweed from my blog : )
post #168 of 2052
Thread Starter 
^ Good stuff... this thread was made for you!
post #169 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


Got the Ben Silver catalogue last night. They have a nice Harris Tweed of this pattern for $875.00

473

Shitty photo, but follow this LINK and check out the closeups.
post #170 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

Got the Ben Silver catalogue last night. They have a nice Harris Tweed of this pattern for $875.00
473
Shitty photo, but follow this LINK and check out the closeups.

Thanks Fred...love the jacket but not a fan of the ensemble.
post #171 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

Harris Tweed vomited on a bag (Tommy Ton for GQ)---I have a jacket in Harris Tweed almost identical to the lower right!

Harris Tweed patchwork bag

 


I love this coat inlove.gif

Anyone know where to find one?
post #172 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

I love this coat inlove.gif
Anyone know where to find one?

You could get similar fabric here, and get it made up for you?
post #173 of 2052
Thanks for the link, RC.

Truly LOVE this one (too bad it's out of stock):

254

These two are pretty sweet:

279

258
post #174 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

You could get similar fabric here, and get it made up for you?

Damn it, now I have to do some interwebz leg work.
post #175 of 2052
Interesting selection of ready made jackets for ~$300 USD.

Like this one in particular:

263

Harris Tweed and Knitwear

Sent them an email about sizes and availability of jackets in other fabrics. Will post response here.
post #176 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

^^^^ I kind of like the headless mannequin. He looks so calm and collected. As for the red and white herringbone sportcoat, I saw a woman wearing a similar but more vibrantly red fabric as an overcoat. I really like it.

 

Hooman Majd in a vintage sportcoat (GQ):

Hooman Majd tweed sportcoat

 

 

Perhaps I'd look a little calmer without a head too, haha.  I love this jacket and the vivid checks, but I've never been one for leather elbow patches.

 

post #177 of 2052
http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b9/350x242px-LL-b9284895_HarrisTweedpatchworkbag.jpeg

I've been told this was a street shot from Pitti, but if someone could help me find a place that sells this exact fabric, or better yet tweed jackets that have this fabric, I would happily send them a little paypal gift money smile.gif
post #178 of 2052

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b9/350x242px-LL-b9284895_HarrisTweedpatchworkbag.jpeg

I've been told this was a street shot from Pitti...

teacha.gif

 

If anybody else is interested, here's the direct link: http://www.gq.com/style/street-style/201101/tommy-ton-pitti-uomo#slide=83

post #179 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

 

teacha.gif

 

If anybody else is interested, here's the direct link: http://www.gq.com/style/street-style/201101/tommy-ton-pitti-uomo#slide=83


Didn't want to mention your name without permission laugh.gif
post #180 of 2052

^^ Yes, it's best to be careful where potential libel is concerned! tounge.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread