or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread - Page 110

post #1636 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

Well, it's ready - unfortunately I don't have time to pick it up until tomorrow... oh, the suspense! :)

 

And here it is... you'll have to wait until it's a bit cooler still for a fit pic:

 

 

 

 

The bottons / sleeves are the only issue for me - I needed the sleeves shortened and had a choice of either having the arms removed, shortened from the top and then reattached (very expensive) or just having a small amount taken off the cuff (for a reasonable price). This leaves the buttons closer to the cuff, so I could (re)move one button (which would also involve having an orphan (non-working but stitched) buttonhole... I'll think about it but it doesn't bother me that much, and when you see if on me, you'll realise why no-one would notice the buttons! It's really good.

post #1637 of 2288
^^ can't wait to see a shot of that.

Gus, what a great pic. Reminds me of why I love tweed.
post #1638 of 2288
Tweed season is the best season!



Other good autumn-y stuff today includes ivory cotton drill trou, wool tie, and wingtip boots.
post #1639 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

And here it is... you'll have to wait until it's a bit cooler still for a fit pic:

 

 

 

 

The bottons / sleeves are the only issue for me - I needed the sleeves shortened and had a choice of either having the arms removed, shortened from the top and then reattached (very expensive) or just having a small amount taken off the cuff (for a reasonable price). This leaves the buttons closer to the cuff, so I could (re)move one button (which would also involve having an orphan (non-working but stitched) buttonhole... I'll think about it but it doesn't bother me that much, and when you see if on me, you'll realise why no-one would notice the buttons! It's really good.

 

 

Ah!  Peak lapels and slant pockets, even a ticket pocket?  Oh, well done, that man.  You will be wearing it over a colorful shirt with a macclesfield tie, won't you?

post #1640 of 2288

Wonderful combos Claghorn.

 

 

Does anyone know where I could pick up a burnt orange color tweed tie?

post #1641 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlSarge View Post
 

 

 

Ah!  Peak lapels and slant pockets, even a ticket pocket?  Oh, well done, that man.  You will be wearing it over a colorful shirt with a macclesfield tie, won't you?

 

I'm afraid I tend not to go for colourful shirts, and I have a limited selection of ties here, mainly wool and silk knits and a few bow ties...

 

The lapels and pockets are all down to the manufacturers (Avon House - a revived menswear label from The Rugged Museum / Free & Easy magazine) who clearly decided to go for the most British look they could - which is why I like it so much. When the Japanese decide to do something properly, they tend to do it (obsessively) right.

post #1642 of 2288

I only found this thread just now, so I post two pics I already have posted in the WAYWRN thread. My wardrobe has some more tweed clothes, so more pics will come soon.

 

 

 

 

post #1643 of 2288
Sweet lord. What material are the trousers?
post #1644 of 2288
That overcoat is pretty badass.
post #1645 of 2288
Don, nice outfit and love the tweed jacket! smile.gif
post #1646 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark View Post
 

Wonderful combos Claghorn.

 

 

Does anyone know where I could pick up a burnt orange color tweed tie?

Gracias.

 

 

 

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/wool-donegal-red.html

post #1647 of 2288
I can recommend Woods of shropshire for Tweed ties. Very good quality for a very good price (25 Pfund).
 
 
Unfortunately the orange one you can see on the following pic is at the moment not in stock.
 

 

post #1648 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

That overcoat is pretty badass.

Yeah it is.
post #1649 of 2288

And now... something completely different :-)

 

One of my favourite bands... Thee Headcoats. The album title says it all: In Tweed We Trust

 

post #1650 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Tweed season is the best season!



Other good autumn-y stuff today includes ivory cotton drill trou, wool tie, and wingtip boots.

That's nice. Where is it from? Brand? Model?
I hope it deosn't have patch pockets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread