or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

Is it just me, or does $220 seem incredibly cheap for a tweed jacket made in Scotland?

http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/hamish-harris-jacket/

You won't get a good jacket at that price.

That's roughly the cost of quality cloth.
post #1472 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
 

actually, if it *were* a unique tweed and not tartan I would be rather interested

 

Well I think the first stage is gauging interest. I am more partial to tweed, also. But, I do think it would be really cool for a styleforum special edition tweed. That website (and I'm sure if we contact Harris tweed, also) gives us the ability to create our own tweed. 

post #1473 of 2005
I'm interested to see the SF tweed.
post #1474 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post


You won't get a good jacket at that price.

That's roughly the cost of quality cloth.

Yeah, I emailed for more details and found out they don't make them in-house (which is what I assumed, since it would be far too good to be true).  I've decided instead to just invest in a quality piece.

post #1475 of 2005

Yeah, I'd take a look at an SF tweed.

post #1476 of 2005
Ok sounds cool! I will start a separate thread here in the next day or so and we can start throwing around pictures and ideas. It would be really awesome if we could get 20 guys and then have a meetup in a year or so where we can all wear our tweeds to.
post #1477 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

Yeah, I emailed for more details and found out they don't make them in-house (which is what I assumed, since it would be far too good to be true).  I've decided instead to just invest in a quality piece.

In house isn't the problem. They're pretty obviously not a tailoring house but that doesn't mean that they couldn't turn out a nice MTM garment.

They just won't be able to do so at that price.
post #1478 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Well I think the first stage is gauging interest. I am more partial to tweed, also. But, I do think it would be really cool for a styleforum special edition tweed. That website (and I'm sure if we contact Harris tweed, also) gives us the ability to create our own tweed. 

If you organize this I wish you the best of luck. I did one with Minnis for a brown Fresco and all went well, but it was a lot of work. You need to go back and forth for a few months with them making up samples and you collecting names and address for shipping then collecting payment. Keeping a detailed, up to date spreadsheet is key. Trust me that it will be more arduous than you think. Just be honest with yourself in terms of your own organization and time you can devote to it.

I would only do it again for something I really *needed* and can't find anywhere else. Good luck if you go through with it.
post #1479 of 2005
Someone is planning to wear jeans to their own wedding?! Hahahaha, whattt?!

post #1480 of 2005
Will.i.n (I don't think pB keeps track of this thread)
post #1481 of 2005
A little early to start wearing tweeds but....

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







(Big pictures!)

Message me for SF discounts!
post #1482 of 2005
Lawks a Lordy, normally i'm quite meh when i view the old tweed jackets,but most of that bunch are on fire! Marvellous
post #1483 of 2005

A SF tweed would be interesting but I'm going to hold out for a tweed that does what a tweed is supposed to do, hide.  I want one that looks like the California foothills in the fall, all dark greens and dry grass gold with some bright fall leaf accents.

post #1484 of 2005


Like this?
post #1485 of 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Will.i.n (I don't think pB keeps track of this thread)

Haha - I haven't been around in a few months but thanks for this! I suppose?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread