or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread - Page 74

post #1096 of 2289
What's the thought on a fabric like this? Too busy up close for office wear?

post #1097 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post

I love everything about this but the hat. Something with a brim would make it so much better

That would lead to a fairly obvious conclusion.
post #1098 of 2289


post #1099 of 2289
I like that, SB. Loud plaid, but it definitely works.
post #1100 of 2289
+1 looks good. Are those trousers actually green-ish?
post #1101 of 2289

What do you all think of the vintage tweed stuff that goes up for auction often?  Seems as though there are some great deals out there on the stuff, if cared for should last quite awhile.  Just wanted confirmation of other people's thoughts.

post #1102 of 2289

I've never owned a tweed jacket, but I'd like to get a slim fit jacket like the one pictured below. I plan on wearing it for casual occasions, does anyone know where I might be able to find one like this? I can't seem to find one with slim lapels.

 

 

1000

post #1103 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhors2 View Post

What do you all think of the vintage tweed stuff that goes up for auction often?  Seems as though there are some great deals out there on the stuff, if cared for should last quite awhile.  Just wanted confirmation of other people's thoughts.

Tweed lasts forever, so there's plenty out there. Just be careful that you're not getting anything too weird in terms of styling. Most of what's out there is fairly classic, but you might run into 80's shoulders and button stances on occasion, or 70's lapels, so jut be careful of those. Some of the American trad sack fits you find around don't float everyone's boat, especially with the current fashion very much favoring slim and shaped fits. But there really are a lot of great deals to be had out there.
post #1104 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastrm Darren View Post

I've never owned a tweed jacket, but I'd like to get a slim fit jacket like the one pictured below. I plan on wearing it for casual occasions, does anyone know where I might be able to find one like this? I can't seem to find one with slim lapels.



Polo has had something very similar in the last couple of years.
post #1105 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Tweed lasts forever, so there's plenty out there. Just be careful that you're not getting anything too weird in terms of styling. Most of what's out there is fairly classic, but you might run into 80's shoulders and button stances on occasion, or 70's lapels, so jut be careful of those. Some of the American trad sack fits you find around don't float everyone's boat, especially with the current fashion very much favoring slim and shaped fits. But there really are a lot of great deals to be had out there.

Thanks!  I'll keep my eye out, I think something a little timeless like a grey would work great.

post #1106 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhors2 View Post

Thanks!  I'll keep my eye out, I think something a little timeless like a grey would work great.

Ah yes, gray herringbone. It's a gateway drug.
post #1107 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

+1 looks good. Are those trousers actually green-ish?

Not green-ish. GREEN.
post #1108 of 2289
Even better.
post #1109 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastrm Darren View Post

I've never owned a tweed jacket, but I'd like to get a slim fit jacket like the one pictured below. I plan on wearing it for casual occasions, does anyone know where I might be able to find one like this? I can't seem to find one with slim lapels.



Maybe this light weight tweed?:

http://www.harristweedshop.com/sports-jacket-light.html

Perhaps made for younger customers.
post #1110 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

What's the thought on a fabric like this? Too busy up close for office wear?

Depends. If the words "tenure track" have been uttered in your office, you're fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread