or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SF I need your help! Allen Edmonds Marketing Assignment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF I need your help! Allen Edmonds Marketing Assignment

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Hey all,

I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible. I'm doing a marketing assignment on a company of my choice, I chose Allen Edmonds. Part of the assignment is to conduct some research on the consumer market. Since I'm a student and about one in every hundred of my peers knows what Allen Edmonds is, let alone owns a pair, I figure why not ask SF! I would really appreciate any help so all you need to do is fill in a quick questionnaire below (only 6 brief multiple choice questions). Feel free to leave any questions blank if you're uncomfortable, or PM me if you do not want any other members to see your answers.

NOTE: For question number six, it sounds a bit open ended. I am asking you to consider as many possible factors (price, quality of construction, customer service, size availability, comfort, durability, etc) and consolidate them into an answer.


1. What is your age?
[ ] Under 18
[ ] 18-35
[ ] 35-54
[ ] 55+
2. How many pairs of Allen Edmonds do you own?
[ ] 0
[ ] 1-3
[ ] 4-6
[ ] 7-9
[ ] 10+
4. In your opinion, is the price of Allen Edmonds:
[ ] Too high
[ ] Acceptable
[ ] Too low
4. Overall, have you been satisfied with your Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
5. How did you first hear about Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Word of mouth
[ ] Advertisement
[ ] Internet
[ ] Other (please specify)
6a. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Alden? (see note)
[ ] Better product
[ ] Similar product
[ ] Inferior product
6b. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Florsheim? (see note)
[ ] Better product
[ ] Similar product
[ ] Inferior product
post #2 of 29
1. 18-35
2. 4
4.1 acceptable
4.2 yes
5. other, coworker ages ago
6a. Similar product
6b. better product.
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post

4. In your opinion, is the price of Allen Edmonds:
[ ] Too high
[ ] Acceptable
[ ] Too low

Beware selection bias from using SF as a sample. People here have very different opinions of what's a reasonable price for shoes.
post #4 of 29
1. 18-35
2. 3
4. acceptable
4. yes
5. Internet
6a. Similar product
6b. better product.
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Beware selection bias from using SF as a sample. People here have very different opinions of what's a reasonable price for shoes.

Yep, I wouldn't pay more than $189.34 for brown AE's. And I wouldn't pay more than $25.56 for a pair of black ones.
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Yep, I wouldn't pay more than $189.34 for brown AE's. And I wouldn't pay more than $25.56 for a pair of black ones.

Spendthrift!
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post

Hey all,
I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible. I'm doing a marketing assignment on a company of my choice, I chose Allen Edmonds. Part of the assignment is to conduct some research on the consumer market. Since I'm a student and about one in every hundred of my peers knows what Allen Edmonds is, let alone owns a pair, I figure why not ask SF! I would really appreciate any help so all you need to do is fill in a quick questionnaire below (only 6 brief multiple choice questions). Feel free to leave any questions blank if you're uncomfortable, or PM me if you do not want any other members to see your answers.
NOTE: For question number six, it sounds a bit open ended. I am asking you to consider as many possible factors (price, quality of construction, customer service, size availability, comfort, durability, etc) and consolidate them into an answer.
1. What is your age?
[ ] Under 18
[ ] 18-35
[x ] 35-54
[ ] 55+
2. How many pairs of Allen Edmonds do you own?
[ ] 0
[x ] 1-3
[ ] 4-6
[ ] 7-9
[ ] 10+
4. In your opinion, is the price of Allen Edmonds:
[ ] Too high
[x ] Acceptable
[ ] Too low
4. Overall, have you been satisfied with your Allen Edmonds?
[x ] Yes
[ ] No
5. How did you first hear about Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Word of mouth
[ ] Advertisement
[x ] Internet
[ ] Other (please specify)
6a. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Alden? (see note)
[ ] Better product
[x ] Similar product
[ ] Inferior product
6b. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Florsheim? (see note)
[x ] Better product
[ ] Similar product
[ ] Inferior product

Regards
Edited by facet - 9/30/11 at 12:53pm
post #8 of 29
wait, you really think AE is inferior to Florsheim??????
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Yep, I wouldn't pay more than $189.34 for brown AE's. And I wouldn't pay more than $25.56 for a pair of black ones.

Your black to brown ratio is off. I would pay $500+ for a pair of "brown" AE's so long as they were Whiskey Shell. I would pay 36 cents for any pair of black shoes.
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Beware selection bias from using SF as a sample. People here have very different opinions of what's a reasonable price for shoes.

Thank you, this is something that I do need to keep in mind. I am going to ask around several other forums (not just ones for clothing experts) and try and ask some prominent businessmen I know.

To everyone so far, thank you so much please keep the replies coming, I do appreciate the help!
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post

Thank you, this is something that I do need to keep in mind. I am going to ask around several other forums (not just ones for clothing experts) and try and ask some prominent businessmen I know.
To everyone so far, thank you so much please keep the replies coming, I do appreciate the help!

1. What is your age?
[ ] 18-35
2. How many pairs of Allen Edmonds do you own?
[ ] 1-3
4. In your opinion, is the price of Allen Edmonds:
[ ] Acceptable
4. Overall, have you been satisfied with your Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Yes
5. How did you first hear about Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Word of mouth
6a. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Alden? (see note)
[ ] Inferior product
6b. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Florsheim? (see note)
[ ] Better product
post #12 of 29
1. What is your age?
[ ] 18-35
2. How many pairs of Allen Edmonds do you own?
[ ] 1-3
4. In your opinion, is the price of Allen Edmonds:
[ ] Acceptable
4. Overall, have you been satisfied with your Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Yes
5. How did you first hear about Allen Edmonds?
[ ] Internet
6a. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Alden? (see note)
[ ] Inferior product
6b. What is your overall perception of Allen Edmonds in comparison to Florsheim? (see note)
[ ] Better product
post #13 of 29
1. 18-35
2. 1-3
3. Acceptable
4. Yes
5. Internet
6a. Similar product
6b. Better product

cheers
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

wait, you really think AE is inferior to Florsheim??????

Ooops! I meant the other way around. Thanks
post #15 of 29
18-35
4
Acceptable
Yes
Internet
Similar - If Alden/AE were the same price then I would consider them, but I do not believe they are worth the extra premium.
Better
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SF I need your help! Allen Edmonds Marketing Assignment