or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: 50% off at Ralph Lauren / 40% off Sale Items, Marlows for under $400+tax
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA: 50% off at Ralph Lauren / 40% off Sale Items, Marlows for under $400+tax - Page 6

post #76 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

I'll never buy a thing from Ralph if they cancel my order..

I agree. They supposedly fucked up with this code and they should eat the cost. They shut it down quickly enough. If you got an order in ship the damn thing!

I don't believe the story. I think this code wasn't supposed to be widely used and when it was they created some bullshit excuse. Surprising that a code that shouldn't have been released provided the exact discount it claimed to...
post #77 of 183
Hmmm leaked code promptly withdrawn and now I *need* a pair of those Lindricks. Well played Ralph.... well played.
post #78 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

I'll never buy a thing from Ralph if they cancel my order..

Unfortunately this won't make a dent in their bottom line. They'll still sell tons and tons of their stuff. Likewise, making good on this coupon will unlikely make a dent in their bottom line either, so why piss off a bunch of people who likely will be return customers if they honored this discount?
post #79 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


I agree. They supposedly fucked up with this code and they should eat the cost. They shut it down quickly enough. If you got an order in ship the damn thing!

I don't believe the story. I think this code wasn't supposed to be widely used and when it was they created some bullshit excuse. Surprising that a code that shouldn't have been released provided the exact discount it claimed to...

I think the Internet has, unfortunately, doomed the effectiveness of this argument. A hot deal that goes viral on Slickdeals or other such site can produce thousands of orders even if the screwup is caught immediately.
post #80 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post


I think the Internet has, unfortunately, doomed the effectiveness of this argument. A hot deal that goes viral on Slickdeals or other such site can produce thousands of orders even if the screwup is caught immediately.

Maybe so, but I've had obvious errors honored by Brooks Brothers. Those $99 Black Fleece Shell Cordovan purses (MSRP ~$3,000) is a godo example of this.

I'll be bummed if they don't ship my order.
post #81 of 183

Lol all you guys getting indignant and pist and vowing never to shop there again are cute.

 

This is the way of the internet in the 21st century.  Companies can and will cancel any order, at any time, for any reason.  Until it's in your hands, don't expect to get it.  I've had things rerouted by fedex back to a seller after being shipped to me.

 

A reasonable person would not expect a well established premium brand retailer to firesale their entire catalog @ 50% obviously.  Get a grip.

 

Besides, they probably don't give a crap if they're pissing you off.  If i were a retailer I probably wouldnt cater to the hordes of people who only buy my stuff @ 50% off.

post #82 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


Maybe so, but I've had obvious errors honored by Brooks Brothers. Those $99 Black Fleece Shell Cordovan purses (MSRP ~$3,000) is a godo example of this.

I'll be bummed if they don't ship my order.

I've found that BB has a much better customer service than RL. Granted, I never had problems with either one of them and they've always been good but BB will actually go extra mile to make sure that you are satisfied. You can return your merchandise any time you want to BB whereas RL has a 30 day policy. But then RL is a much bigger company and probably doesn't need to expend so much effort to create new customers or retain them.
I was being sarcastic when I said I wouldn't buy anything from them again,the flip side is if they cancel my order I would have avoided spending $1300 and I don't really need those shoes.
post #83 of 183
It was not unreasonable to believe that RL was offering half off. In the last 48 hours I have received limited-time offers of 25-40% off from other stores. End-of-quarter desperation?
post #84 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsphd View Post

It was not unreasonable to believe that RL was offering half off. In the last 48 hours I have received limited-time offers of 25-40% off from other stores. End-of-quarter desperation?

I'm not sure how unreasonable it is either for "VIP Coupon". RL has done a number of 40% off everything with a 15% kicker for shopping early. That's 49% off and it has included the Darlton shoes. I know because I've purchased two pair at that price. One had to go back for shitty quality and I was hoping to replace it now.
post #85 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2010 View Post

Lol all you guys getting indignant and pist and vowing never to shop there again are cute.

 

This is the way of the internet in the 21st century.  Companies can and will cancel any order, at any time, for any reason.  Until it's in your hands, don't expect to get it.  I've had things rerouted by fedex back to a seller after being shipped to me.

 

A reasonable person would not expect a well established premium brand retailer to firesale their entire catalog @ 50% obviously.  Get a grip.

 

Besides, they probably don't give a crap if they're pissing you off.  If i were a retailer I probably wouldnt cater to the hordes of people who only buy my stuff @ 50% off.


This.
post #86 of 183

I got a shipping confirmation for my order.

You guys should zip your lips and not start ringing the customer service and sending angry emails to "double-check."  Why blow it up anymore than necessary?

Play it like a smooth operator and keep it on the down-low and let's see what happens.

post #87 of 183
Great news! Frankly, this is probably sensible price discrimination on their part, even if clearly unintentional. I wasn't going to buy any of that stuff at a much higher price than this, and they are still making a profit.
post #88 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobie View Post


Play it like a smooth operator and keep it on the down-low and let's see what happens.

I agree. My order has changed from "Processing" to "Item(s) located in stock." I didn't have any big ticket items like cordovan shoes so I'm hoping mine ships without a hitch.
Fred
post #89 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

I agree. My order has changed from "Processing" to "Item(s) located in stock." I didn't have any big ticket items like cordovan shoes so I'm hoping mine ships without a hitch.
Fred

Mine is "Item(s) located in stock" as well.
post #90 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobie View Post

I got a shipping confirmation for my order.

You guys should zip your lips and not start ringing the customer service and sending angry emails to "double-check."  Why blow it up anymore than necessary?

Play it like a smooth operator and keep it on the down-low and let's see what happens.


I called because I saw the announcement with an obvious expiration date of 9/30, and thought the fact it wasn't working might be a mistake.

So don't blame me if stuff gets cancelled; clearly they were aware of it before I called.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: 50% off at Ralph Lauren / 40% off Sale Items, Marlows for under $400+tax