or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How big are SFers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How big are SFers? - Page 6

post #76 of 170
^^^The slim-fit clothing trend has been a lifesaver for me when it comes to fit. Prior to that, I usually suffered with clothing being way too baggy. My other problem has been disproportionately long arms that require a 36" sleeve for my 5'11" body. Fortunately, I've found a few brands and bespoke options that have helped me get better fitting clothes.
Edited by JayJay - 11/12/11 at 7:36am
post #77 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'm also happy as hell and carry a 10' tall attitude smile.gif
Access to the hospital's pill supply? wink.gif
post #78 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'm also happy as hell and carry a 10' tall attitude smile.gif
Access to the hospital's pill supply? wink.gif

Do I detect a note of jealousy? wink.gif
post #79 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Do I detect a note of jealousy? wink.gif
If we are talking access ... yes. wink.gif If we are talking happiness ... then I'm happy for you. smile.gif
post #80 of 170
inlove.gif
post #81 of 170
5'10

160
post #82 of 170

5'8", 196 pounds. Quite big still, but lost 110 pounds over the last year - it's been a wardrobe hell, I tell ya.

 

By the way - hello on my first post. Hope to stay around here for a while :)

post #83 of 170
^^^Congrats on the weight loss, and welcome to SF.
post #84 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

5'8", 196 pounds. Quite big still, but lost 110 pounds over the last year - it's been a wardrobe hell, I tell ya.

By the way - hello on my first post. Hope to stay around here for a while smile.gif

thats great man!

I am 6'00 and weigh 180 lbs. I have a small gut that I am trying to loose, I have been wanting defined abs for a while but have never worked hard enough, but ITS TIME!!!!
post #85 of 170
6' and just shy of 220. On the way down though and would like to get under 200.
post #86 of 170

5' 11" and 148lbs here down from 207lbs this time last year - the change resulted in five garbage bags full of clothes for charity and the search for a new wardrobe which is how I found SF :)

post #87 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

5' 11" and 148lbs here down from 207lbs this time last year - the change resulted in five garbage bags full of clothes for charity and the search for a new wardrobe which is how I found SF smile.gif

And I thought I was thin for being that height. I can't imagine being 10 lbs. thinner than what I am now. Congrats on the weight loss.
post #88 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

5' 11" and 148lbs here down from 207lbs this time last year - the change resulted in five garbage bags full of clothes for charity and the search for a new wardrobe which is how I found SF smile.gif

Just curious, what size were you before and what are you now? 148 sounds pretty thin for a guy almost 6 foot. Also how did you manage to lose almost a third of your body weight in a year?
post #89 of 170



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post


Just curious, what size were you before and what are you now? 148 sounds pretty thin for a guy almost 6 foot. Also how did you manage to lose almost a third of your body weight in a year?


Before: XL or L in casual clothes, 40R for suits, 38" waist and size 17 shirts.

Now: Slim fit M in casual clothes, 38R suits, 30" waist and size 15.5 shirts.

 

I'm at the stage where my focus is gaining lean mass rather than losing fat. The way I did it was to maintain a calorie deficit (about 3500 calories a week deficit) and use a decent exercise program to maintain and develop the underlying muscle. Let me know if you'd like more details but that pretty much sums it up.

 

It's much faster to lose fat than to increase muscle mass but I'm happy where I am.

post #90 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post




 


Before: XL or L in casual clothes, 40R for suits, 38" waist and size 17 shirts.
Now: Slim fit M in casual clothes, 38R suits, 30" waist and size 15.5 shirts.

I'm at the stage where my focus is gaining lean mass rather than losing fat. The way I did it was to maintain a calorie deficit (about 3500 calories a week deficit) and use a decent exercise program to maintain and develop the underlying muscle. Let me know if you'd like more details but that pretty much sums it up.

It's much faster to lose fat than to increase muscle mass but I'm happy where I am.

You must have meant 46 or 48, right? I like the idea of getting thinner (I am a 46R right now) but hate the idea of having to start over with a new wardrobe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How big are SFers?