or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How big are SFers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How big are SFers? - Page 9

post #121 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

5' 9" tall and 170Lbs.
About 3 months ago I was 5' 9" tall and 210Lbs!!!!!!
Nothing fits me but I could care less.
My BP went from about 140/90 to 116/65 as measured yesterday. Not bad for someone my age:)

Not bad at all. Congrats!
post #122 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

5' 9" tall and 170Lbs.
About 3 months ago I was 5' 9" tall and 210Lbs!!!!!!
Nothing fits me but I could care less.
My BP went from about 140/90 to 116/65 as measured yesterday. Not bad for someone my age:)

I know how it goes not being able to find OTR clothes at all really...

Im currently 6'7" and a half or some shit like that and am currently at 265.
So basically I wear xl or xxl simply because I need the length, Its kinda an issue, but I'd rather be tall lol
post #123 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

5' 9" tall and 170Lbs.
About 3 months ago I was 5' 9" tall and 210Lbs!!!!!!
Nothing fits me but I could care less.
My BP went from about 140/90 to 116/65 as measured yesterday. Not bad for someone my age:)

I know how it goes not being able to find OTR clothes at all really...

Im currently 6'7" and a half or some shit like that and am currently at 265.
So basically I wear xl or xxl simply because I need the length, Its kinda an issue, but I'd rather be tall lol

rnoldh, congrats!

stormin, that's what you're currently? Think it's going to change?
post #124 of 170

Now im 6'0 145lbs. When I was in high school I was 5'10 and wrestled at 103 and 112 with 5% body fat. I was like 5 inches taller than any kid I wrestled.

post #125 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

rnoldh, congrats!
stormin, that's what you're currently? Think it's going to change?

Yeah actually..... My weight fluctuates with sports seasons and what im doing then and since I dislocated my knee I have come to find out that by about 26 I should be more like 6'9"
post #126 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

6'1" 145 lbs here. Extreme ectomorph. Used to be much skinnier than this, but I bulked up over the past 2-3 years. I used to be one of those emaciated skinny types where you'd see me and the first thing you'd think is, "damn, he's fucking skinny." My ideal weight is around 175 lbs but that would take me an eternity. I think I'd be content at around 160 lbs.
I'm still skinny in the sense of the word, but I have much more muscle mass and definition. Went in for a health check up bout a month ago and they said I have low levels of bad cholesterol, ideal levels of good cholesterol, excellent heart rate, and 4.5% BF. The nurse was flabbergasted at the BF percentage. She said I should keep doing what I'm doing because I'm in excellent shape. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

An eternity to get to 175lb? I went from 135 to 182 at your height in less than a year. Including a 2 month spell where i couldnt workout and lost 14lb. You could be 175 in 6 months easily, and if you work out hard not much of it would be fat.
post #127 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

An eternity to get to 175lb? I went from 135 to 182 at your height in less than a year. Including a 2 month spell where i couldnt workout and lost 14lb. You could be 175 in 6 months easily, and if you work out hard not much of it would be fat.

I'm sure it's possible, but would take an insane amount of dedication and proper diet every single day. I don't have the time or resources to do that. I travel a lot for my job so I stay in hotels a lot. Needless to say, hotel gyms are not the best places to find proper weight lifting equipment.
post #128 of 170
wow, exactly the same story as me lol. I hate the hotel gyms and often just drive to a nearby gym and pay per visit. You can still gain muscle though, i didnt even join a proper gym until march last year and by that time i was 154lb which was a big improvement, made in hotel gyms. As long as you keep lifting heavier weight and eating probably 3000+ calories you will gain initially.
post #129 of 170

5' 11" and 230-240 lbs... I put on some weight this past year. But for the last 3 weeks I been walking 1.5-3 miles a day, hoping to get down to 200 lbs.

 

~Kurt

post #130 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

wow, exactly the same story as me lol. I hate the hotel gyms and often just drive to a nearby gym and pay per visit. You can still gain muscle though, i didnt even join a proper gym until march last year and by that time i was 154lb which was a big improvement, made in hotel gyms. As long as you keep lifting heavier weight and eating probably 3000+ calories you will gain initially.

I've been a huge fan of protein shakes thus far, but it's such a pain in the ass to transport in the airport so I'm thinking of just scrapping the idea of protein powder altogether.

Do you just pig out on a high-protein diet?

BTW, it's hard to believe that you gained that much weight in a year without a lot of it being fat.. at LEAST half of that has to be fat.. kinda skeptical.
post #131 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtS90 View Post

5' 11" and 230-240 lbs... I put on some weight this past year. But for the last 3 weeks I been walking 1.5-3 miles a day, hoping to get down to 200 lbs.

 

~Kurt



That should be no problem with that distance just cut out junk food. My friend had to loose weight for the army and he went from 280 to 215 in the course of 3 months. All he did was walk a little, disc golf and not eat fast food.

post #132 of 170

Thanks for the encouragement, I cant imagine loosing that much weight in 3 months. But I figure with work being on and off this past year... The last 4 months is just been me sitting in front of the computer/TV binge eating due to depression. I could take 30-60 mins a day and go for a walk, so far I feel better about my self. For that reason alone its worth it. I am hopping to better my diet as my New Years Resolution. With something like Oats with chopped fruit, side yogurt (Briefest), peanut butter sandwich and a apple (Lunch), grilled chicken breast, boiled veggies, and a potato (Diner). Maybe once and a while change the chicken out for fish. I hope by doing this I would enjoy my food more and in the end not feel so sick at the end of the day. I don't want to be buff, just healthy and look good in what ever style I hope to discover on this site (I see a bunch, that I could see wearing and really like).

 

Now once and a while... I like to splurge and make a pizza or some other tasty dish. I just need to figure out how to keep it healthy but still enjoyable.

 

~Kurt

post #133 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtS90 View Post

Thanks for the encouragement, I cant imagine loosing that much weight in 3 months. But I figure with work being on and off this past year... The last 4 months is just been me sitting in front of the computer/TV binge eating due to depression. I could take 30-60 mins a day and go for a walk, so far I feel better about my self. For that reason alone its worth it. I am hopping to better my diet as my New Years Resolution. With something like Oats with chopped fruit, side yogurt (Briefest), peanut butter sandwich and a apple (Lunch), grilled chicken breast, boiled veggies, and a potato (Diner). Maybe once and a while change the chicken out for fish. I hope by doing this I would enjoy my food more and in the end not feel so sick at the end of the day. I don't want to be buff, just healthy and look good in what ever style I hope to discover on this site (I see a bunch, that I could see wearing and really like).

 

Now once and a while... I like to splurge and make a pizza or some other tasty dish. I just need to figure out how to keep it healthy but still enjoyable.

 

~Kurt


Yeah, we both were surprised with his loss but, that's all most people need to do to loose weight and keep it off. You sound like your right on track with diet. Having those tastier and unhealthier dish are fine as long as you're not eating them 3 times a week or trying to be a bodybuilder. Good luck and keep it going you'll be there soon.

 

post #134 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I've been a huge fan of protein shakes thus far, but it's such a pain in the ass to transport in the airport so I'm thinking of just scrapping the idea of protein powder altogether.
Do you just pig out on a high-protein diet?
BTW, it's hard to believe that you gained that much weight in a year without a lot of it being fat.. at LEAST half of that has to be fat.. kinda skeptical.

I started eating about 3000 calories, then 3500, then 4000 while i was on starting strength. When i was at my heaviest, i needed to eat over 4000 to keep adding weight. I believe that i gained 30lb lean mass and the rest fat and water. If you are naturally lean then it doesnt take long at all to cut the fat.
post #135 of 170
Stinger: Starting Strength Success Story
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How big are SFers?