or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do.... - Page 6

post #76 of 139
Thread Starter 
Bucky, is the benefit of barefoot running then lost on people with flat arches?
post #77 of 139
What's the problem?

Shoes aren't any good if they don't inflict pain!

Isn't it a fetish thing? The 'stricter' the shoe the harder it gets you?

For God's sake man......quit complaining and get your 'kink' on!
post #78 of 139
Reev, I haven't read thru this thread but the answer is that you're a tenderfoot. Keep wearing the leather soled shoes and allow your feet to grow used to them/toughen up. And throw away your ped-egg. You need that tough callous pad when wearing hard bottoms.
post #79 of 139
Reev, you should put together a collaboration line: Crockett & Jones + New Balance
post #80 of 139
Buy Shape-Ups.
post #81 of 139
This ranks among my favorite threads. Equal parts craziness + funny sarcasm + insightful information.
post #82 of 139
I particularly enjoyed the repeated links to shoes you own, then repeated mention of the price. I was incredulous, but then when I realised what a baller you obviously are, I decided you are right: Leather is diamond hard, and unyielding as a scorned jewish grandmother.

5 star threak.
post #83 of 139
I suggest you look around for poron insoles - these are the same insoles that RM Williams and Ugg Boots use, and both brands are renowned for their comfort.
post #84 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoes View Post

I particularly enjoyed the repeated links to shoes you own, then repeated mention of the price. I was incredulous, but then when I realised what a baller you obviously are, I decided you are right: Leather is diamond hard, and unyielding as a scorned jewish grandmother.
5 star threak.

You, sir, are a philosopher. I piss on your enemies' graves.
post #85 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoes View Post

I particularly enjoyed the repeated links to shoes you own, then repeated mention of the price. I was incredulous, but then when I realised what a baller you obviously are, I decided you are right: Leather is diamond hard, and unyielding as a scorned jewish grandmother.
5 star threak.

The oracle says black shoes costing more than $500 are a waste of money. Please change your user name to "BlackShoes Less Than $500".
post #86 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnose View Post

I suggest you look around for poron insoles - these are the same insoles that RM Williams and Ugg Boots use, and both brands are renowned for their comfort.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !
236

http://www.footshox.com/
post #87 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

The oracle says black shoes costing more than $500 are a waste of money. Please change your user name to "BlackShoes Less Than $500".

Actually, I wouldn't even pay $200 for plain black shoes.
Pair of J&M's would be just fine.
My bias also stems from the fact that I don't wear black shoes for style points (funeral, etc)
So, when it's reduced to a "uniform", there's no need to spend much, as they all look the same.
post #88 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Actually, I wouldn't even pay $200 for plain black shoes.
Pair of J&M's would be just fine.
My bias also stems from the fact that I don't wear black shoes for style points (funeral, etc)
So, when it's reduced to a "uniform", there's no need to spend much, as they all look the same.

$200???? Pfftt, I wouldn't pay more than $175! nod[1].gif
Edited by jrd617 - 9/30/11 at 7:11am
post #89 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

$200???? Pfftt, I would pay more than $175! nod[1].gif

I just paint my foot black if I find need of black shoes. 99% of the people in the world are not smart enough to tell the difference.
post #90 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

I just paint my foot black if I find need of black shoes. 99% of the people in the world are not smart enough to tell the difference.

My friend actually gets compliments on this a lot. I think I'm going to begin discarding all my black shoes on this advice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do....