or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anyone have experience with NYC MTM outfit SARTORIA AMBROSIANA?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone have experience with NYC MTM outfit SARTORIA AMBROSIANA?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Hi Everyone 

 

Another one of those MTM outfits has surfaced here in NYC calling itself Sartoria Ambrosiana. They say their from Naples, but are making clothes now in NYC with imported Neapolitan tailors? Or something like that. 

 

A casual work acquaintance showed me some shirts they made him (in a shopping bag, recently picked up and at his office) and they did look pretty sweet...and now I hear they are making clothing as well as shirts. 

 

If anyone can shed some light, I'd be appreciative. I used to go to Astor & Black. Not bad. Also worked with another guy on MTM on Upper East Side a while back, but he's out of biz. I know there are a lot of these MTM/"custom" places around the country and NYC sure has it fair share. Bottom Line for Me: I'm not finding in stores what i want and am curious about Sartoria Ambrosiana, so if anyone can fill in blanks, I owe you a pocket square, cocktail or big thank you. 

 

Thank you! 

 

post #2 of 20

i have recently made some shirts with sartoria ambrosiana , glad to say they came out magnificent fabrics were great and the collar style was something i had been looking for a while and they perfected it i washed them a few times and they are as nice as the day they were delivered, as far as i have researched they do have neapolitan roots and are employing about 12 people including a few true neapolitan tailors and italian seamstreses sewing the shirts . highly recommend and very affordable not as pricy as finamore but as nice and fit perfect!

post #3 of 20

Another happy client here with Sartoria Ambrosiana shirts, I visited them at there manhattan showroom a month back after a friend told me about them.. they exhibit a  big selection of beautiful fabrics and collar styles , I made 6 shirts to start and glad to say they came out perfect in every way... fit was ideal and collar height was great and stands up under a sports jacket just the way i wanted it to, I recommend you see Max who is the owner he has a great sense of Neapolitan style and has a talent of knowing exactly what you want and is very good at guiding you to what will look good on you , he also mentioned to me they are doing suits as well ( saw a few samples and they look really elegant full canvass and hand sewn shoulder looked like a kiton jacket for a value price!) highly recommend to fellow sartorialists! .....i'm actually glad to recommend them since there shirts are amazing and at a value price and actually look better than the luigi borrelli shirts i was buying for the last 4 years.

post #4 of 20

at least make it less obvious that this is not an advertising three posts with a combined post count of 4. Nice

post #5 of 20
"SARTORIA AMBROSIANA"?! biggrin.gif

A knock-off from Sartoria Ambrosi?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Andrey
post #6 of 20
what a vague website
http://www.sartoriaambrosiana.com/index.php

a few garments on a manaquin or folded.

no idea of pricing
a workroom at 50 west 34th st. I wonder if I can stop by and see my clothing being made there?
setting up a workroom for 14 artisans[/I is not an inexpensive proposition. and did they import these 14 workers
or did they just pick up some tailors in the area. and were they trained in the neoplitan tradion which is very different then the training of other methods of tailoring.
and they are offering carrer oportunities as well.
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtdoctor View Post

Another happy client here with Sartoria Ambrosiana shirts, I visited them at there manhattan showroom a month back after a friend told me about them.. they exhibit a  big selection of beautiful fabrics and collar styles , I made 6 shirts to start and glad to say they came out perfect in every way... fit was ideal and collar height was great and stands up under a sports jacket just the way i wanted it to, I recommend you see Max who is the owner he has a great sense of Neapolitan style and has a talent of knowing exactly what you want and is very good at guiding you to what will look good on you , he also mentioned to me they are doing suits as well ( saw a few samples and they look really elegant full canvass and hand sewn shoulder looked like a kiton jacket for a value price!) highly recommend to fellow sartorialists! .....i'm actually glad to recommend them since there shirts are amazing and at a value price and actually look better than the luigi borrelli shirts i was buying for the last 4 years.


spam[1].gif
post #8 of 20
SO does anyone know anything about these guys? They have a deal now on livingsocial.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/3-nyc-midtown/deals/483306-three-custom-tailored-dress-shirts-for-men
post #9 of 20

They are on living social again • $892 ($1,785 value) for a custom suit and two custom-tailored Italian-style dress shirts sounds too good to be true....

comments?

I am tempted

but dont want to be taken

post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellacamicie View Post

i have recently made some shirts with sartoria ambrosiana , glad to say they came out magnificent fabrics were great and the collar style was something i had been looking for a while and they perfected it i washed them a few times and they are as nice as the day they were delivered, as far as i have researched they do have neapolitan roots and are employing about 12 people including a few true neapolitan tailors and italian seamstreses sewing the shirts . highly recommend and very affordable not as pricy as finamore but as nice and fit perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtdoctor View Post

Another happy client here with Sartoria Ambrosiana shirts, I visited them at there manhattan showroom a month back after a friend told me about them.. they exhibit a  big selection of beautiful fabrics and collar styles , I made 6 shirts to start and glad to say they came out perfect in every way... fit was ideal and collar height was great and stands up under a sports jacket just the way i wanted it to, I recommend you see Max who is the owner he has a great sense of Neapolitan style and has a talent of knowing exactly what you want and is very good at guiding you to what will look good on you , he also mentioned to me they are doing suits as well ( saw a few samples and they look really elegant full canvass and hand sewn shoulder looked like a kiton jacket for a value price!) highly recommend to fellow sartorialists! .....i'm actually glad to recommend them since there shirts are amazing and at a value price and actually look better than the luigi borrelli shirts i was buying for the last 4 years.

Well, I'm convinced.
post #11 of 20
There was an article about them in the Robb Report
post #12 of 20
After my posts a few months back, it turns out I know about Sartoria Ambrosiana. A friend of mine made a nice navy chalkstripe flannel 2 piece and I just never put 2 and 2 together. Quality is top notch and fabrics are very nice (you get what you pay for). Overall a good value. Fit is nice too.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

After my posts a few months back, it turns out I know about Sartoria Ambrosiana. A friend of mine made a nice navy chalkstripe flannel 2 piece and I just never put 2 and 2 together. Quality is top notch and fabrics are very nice (you get what you pay for). Overall a good value. Fit is nice too.

Do you mind if I ask about the price?
post #14 of 20
The Bay Area could use a place like that.
local selection is poor- a couple of deparment stores
and the new Wilkes Bashford.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

Do you mind if I ask about the price?

I believe he starts at about $800 and goes up from there depending on fabric and specs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anyone have experience with NYC MTM outfit SARTORIA AMBROSIANA?