or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? - Page 7

post #91 of 225
Thread Starter 
Here is a huge waste of money. Imagine how much better you could allocate $1100 towards a shoe COLLECTION ?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1199&Product_Id=1573475&Parent_Id=1031&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=
post #92 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Here is a huge waste of money. Imagine how much better you could allocate $1100 towards a shoe COLLECTION ?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1199&Product_Id=1573475&Parent_Id=1031&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I like it a lot.
post #93 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Here is a huge waste of money. Imagine how much better you could allocate $1100 towards a shoe COLLECTION ?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1199&Product_Id=1573475&Parent_Id=1031&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

You're kidding right?
post #94 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinex View Post


You're kidding right?

no, he's reevolving

andi hope he doesn't find that it's too expensive to buy a clue
post #95 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post


no, he's reevolving

andi hope he doesn't find that it's too expensive to buy a clue

He's going to extensively survey the forum on the question, then make a thread deriding the Group Think.
post #96 of 225
Thread Starter 
A pair of nondescript black shoes? Zero style points. ZERO.
You can't think of a better way of utilizing $1100 to enhance your wardrobe ?
Sorry, I'm not the one who needs a clue.
post #97 of 225
I only have a couple pairs black but I appreciate the shape all the more because the color is taken outta the equation. And the EG 82 - along with their 202, the Vass F, Lobb 7000 G&G 06, Carmina Forest, C&J 337 - is one of the outstanding round toe lasts in men's RTW shoes. When u go black- and when u have to go black- in court, banking and many formal occasions it's worth it to have a great shape and line. that is, if u think any expensive clothes are worth it.

FNB- Black Calf: There is of course the richness of unrelieved black calf. This color is relentlessly serious and the only proper thing for the Public school boys to wear when they start their careers in the City. Black leather photographs poorly but to the naked eye there are immense differences between qualities of black calf. The best black leather has a soft, soothing and compelling allure about it. Cheap black leather looks like cardboard. Apart from some of the English bespoke craftsman, I would not hesitate to advise someone to head right from their custom suit fitting and buy themselves a pair of Edward Green lace ups in black calf.
Edited by Pliny - 9/28/11 at 4:18am
post #98 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

A pair of nondescript black shoes? Zero style points. ZERO.
You can't think of a better way of utilizing $1100 to enhance your wardrobe ?
Sorry, I'm not the one who needs a clue.

facepalm.gif
post #99 of 225
It always amazes me when looking at say a GQ photo spread and when it lists out the items you see something like 'white linen pocket square - Tom Ford - $175'.

I could win the lottery every week for a year and I still wouldn't drop that kind of dough on such a basic item purely for the Tom Ford bragging rights.
post #100 of 225
Thread Starter 
Pocket squares seem to be the clear leader so far...
post #101 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Pocket squares seem to be the clear leader so far...


Yeah well that, and

 

Grenadine ties, Shatung ties, slim fit pants, linen jackets, slim fit shirts, belts with stylish patterns, whiskey shell wingtips, pebble grain wingtip boots, etc.

post #102 of 225
Thread Starter 
Was there actually any point to your post, you low IQ troll ?
post #103 of 225
As several have pointed out, there's no need to waste money if one waits for sales and frequently checks SF, ebay and the thrifts, if available. I can only think of a few things that can't be had at discount. That being said, I have no problem dropping the dosh on something I really value. What is a waste, no matter the cost, is something that is purchased and then not worn. Impulse purchases are often ones I soon regret.

And any slipper or garment w/ a skull and crossbones embroidered on it.
post #104 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon View Post

As several have pointed out, there's no need to waste money if one waits for sales and frequently checks SF, ebay and the thrifts, if available. I can only think of a few things that can't be had at discount. That being said, I have no problem dropping the dosh on something I really value. What is a waste, no matter the cost, is something that is purchased and then not worn. Impulse purchases are often ones I soon regret.
My biggest wastes on clothing more often than not have been on items on discount, particularly deep discount. I look for discounts but I'm very cautious about buying on impulse and settling for items that aren't exactly what I want.
post #105 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

[...] you low IQ troll ?

lolololololol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ?