or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › More Carmina Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More Carmina Shoes - Page 2

post #16 of 105
Is the sizing between the different lasts consistent? What can you share regarding sizing?
post #17 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post

Is the sizing between the different lasts consistent? What can you share regarding sizing?

I find it is similar to UK sizing (i.e., I'm a US size 11 and wear a Carmina size 10), but the lasts fit noticeably different. I find the Rain last (which the wingtips are on) to be the best fit for my feet. The Simpson lasts are pretty good too but narrower in the toe box. The Forest last was also good for my feet. There is the older, original Philadelphia last which didn't work for me at all. There are other lasts which I did not try. As for sizing, I don't think having sized up or down on any particular last would have made the fit better.
post #18 of 105
Neat, T. What's the gleaming metal contraption? A shoe stretcher?
post #19 of 105
Beautiful. Anyone interested in Carmina shoes can always check my sig as well smile.gif
post #20 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post


I find it is similar to UK sizing (i.e., I'm a US size 11 and wear a Carmina size 10), but the lasts fit noticeably different. I find the Rain last (which the wingtips are on) to be the best fit for my feet. The Simpson lasts are pretty good too but narrower in the toe box. The Forest last was also good for my feet. There is the older, original Philadelphia last which didn't work for me at all. There are other lasts which I did not try. As for sizing, I don't think having sized up or down on any particular last would have made the fit better.

Thanks for the helpful info. Really tempted by more than a few of their models but can't even decide where to start!
post #21 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Neat, T. What's the gleaming metal contraption? A shoe stretcher?

apparently one of the nicest i have seen... think of berkel prosciutto slicers.
post #22 of 105
awesome pictures...I think my favorite is the lasts/cedar shoe trees with the design superimposed. The shoemaker's version of an architect's blueprints.
post #23 of 105
Nice shop.
post #24 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmann View Post

Nice pictures! I like the door handle. The shop in Paris does not have that.

I bet the sales staff is Japanese. The two Japanese staff in Paris shop told me that their shoes cost twice as much in Japan.

Everything, it seems , cost twice as much in Japan. Even things that are made in Japan.
post #25 of 105
I think they know they can get away with it , with such demand for certain items.
post #26 of 105
That and the 40% import tax on leather shoes.
post #27 of 105
Are these gemmed?
post #28 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Are these gemmed?

+1
post #29 of 105
TR. We finally share common ground. Yay!
post #30 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Are these gemmed?

What's gemming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

TR. We finally share common ground. Yay!

Hell yeah!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › More Carmina Shoes