or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › quiet christmas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

quiet christmas

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
if you just moved to london, don't have family and the few friends that you have are out of london for christmas (sat - tue), what would you do?

p.s. that's me i described.
post #2 of 13
I'd probably volunteer at a soup kitchen sort of thing. Helping people out will keep you busy and cheery, and your loneliness won't be so much on your mind.
post #3 of 13
As much as I admire EA's big heart. That is the last thing I'd do. Dude, get yourself a couple escorts and have yourself a lesbian show! What better xmas could a guy give himself? Then every xmas from now until forever, whenever your family is bickering around the table or there's chaos in the kitchen, you can just shut your eyes and that image will always be with you.

Soup kitchen, or lesbian show? You know what your answer is!

And before you say anything, I've never been a good influence.
post #4 of 13
^^ done it... leaves you feeling amused for a few minutes but if you're like me you'd feel like shit afterwards because you just spent "jacket/suit/shoe money" on bitches and hoes.

Go ahead though, do it once at least. It's a great anecdote. Better if you don't spend alot of money on it because the more money you spent = the more pathetic it all seems.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloaney
if you just moved to london, don't have family and the few friends that you have are out of london for christmas (sat - tue), what would you do?

p.s. that's me i described.

I would love to switch places with you. Christmas is a loud and very unpleasant affair in my household. I have to spend time with too many unwanted relatives and acquaintances...
post #6 of 13
Bring the lesbian sex show to the soup kitchen.

Spread that joy around!
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
i've always been wary about using money to buy "happiness" ....
i try to avoid shopping if i am depressed, for example
am i being silly?
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloaney
i've always been wary about using money to buy "happiness" ....
i try to avoid shopping if i am depressed, for example
am i being silly?

Yes. There's nothing wrong with a little shopping therapy, as long as you don't take it to extremes and get in to huge debt because of it.
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Yes. There's nothing wrong with a little shopping therapy, as long as you don't take it to extremes and get in to huge debt because of it.

following your advice, i bought three books

the sea - john banville
the kite runner - khaled hosseini
never let me go - kazuo ishiguro

and 2 boxes of chocolates la maison du chocolat

nice stroll along jermyn street but no purchases
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloaney
following your advice, i bought three books

the sea - john banville
the kite runner - khaled hosseini
never let me go - kazuo ishiguro

and 2 boxes of chocolates la maison du chocolat

nice stroll along jermyn street but no purchases

I'm so disappointed in you. No T&A for xmas? ;p
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloaney
following your advice, i bought three books
...

nice stroll along jermyn street but no purchases

I'm so disappointed in you. No T&A for xmas? ;p
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm so disappointed in you. No T&A for xmas? ;p

I thought we said no to the lesbian show.

Sorry, couldn't resist
post #13 of 13
The abbreviation was intentional
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › quiet christmas