or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 383

post #5731 of 5883
To those in the Portland area... Self Edge is having a media event to introduce our hemming and repair services (and the machines we do them on) to the Portland press Thursday night (January 16th). Gonna talk jeans, music, and beer.
We'd like to extend that invitation to anybody that would like to have a beer and hang out after work. We'll have some great locally made beers and kombucha (don't trip, it's Portland) on hand, so come by between 5pm and 7pm Thursday night and ogle our goods and drink our syrups.
post #5732 of 5883
I just got my denim that I had dropped off for repairs back and I am very pleased. Didn't really see any reviews on this, so I thought I would give my thoughts.

I dropped off a pair of RRL slim fits at Self Edge in SF and asked them to repair the button holes, reinforce the crotch and fix 2 small holes in the area, and to patch up the hems to keep them from unraveling. Kiya was in the store and I chatted with him for a little bit. Nice guy. I live an hour away from San Francisco so I asked them to ship the jeans back to me which they gladly did.

I just got it back today about 2 weeks later. The repair job they did is great. Looking at the area where the 2 holes were, you couldn't even tell that they were there. My jeans are still dark as RRLs don't fade very fast so I'm not sure if they pick threads to match the color of your denim or not but the thread color they used was pretty close to the color of my jeans. You could only tell a difference in the color if you look at it really closely.

The pants did however feel stiffer in the whole area as they reinforced the crotch but I heard this will go away after a few wears. They also did a great job repairing the hem and the button holes which feel brand new again, stiff when buttoning.
post #5733 of 5883
Will trade Self Edge store credit for your worn in jeans!
I need two pairs of worn in jeans and can give you a $150 Self Edge gift card for each pair.
Requirements are that the jean be worn for a minimum of 1.5 years, not heavily repaired, a brand that we sell, and the denim must be unsanforized.
Email photos to denim at selfedge.com
post #5734 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post

Will trade Self Edge store credit for your worn in jeans!
I need two pairs of worn in jeans and can give you a $150 Self Edge gift card for each pair.
Requirements are that the jean be worn for a minimum of 1.5 years, not heavily repaired, a brand that we sell, and the denim must be unsanforized.
Email photos to denim at selfedge.com

Is this like A.P.C.'s Butler program?

post #5735 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

Is this like A.P.C.'s Butler program?

No, it's not like their Butler program. APC wants to take your jeans and sell them for five times what they paid you for them. We want them to display in our stores to show what an unsanforized jean will look like after a year or two of wear.
post #5736 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post


No, it's not like their Butler program. APC wants to take your jeans and sell them for five times what they paid you for them. We want them to display in our stores to show what an unsanforized jean will look like after a year or two of wear.

Oh I see ...would be great for customers shopping for jeans to come in and see how that type of denim ages first hand for each brand you carry, if thats what you're going for.

post #5737 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

Oh I see ...would be great for customers shopping for jeans to come in and see how that type of denim ages first hand for each brand you carry, if thats what you're going for.

We already have that in our stores, we display worn in jeans in frames from our best selling brands at all of our shops.
post #5738 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post
 

Oh I see ...would be great for customers shopping for jeans to come in and see how that type of denim ages first hand for each brand you carry, if thats what you're going for.

:facepalm:

post #5739 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaljaxon View Post
 

:facepalm:

Don't be so judgmental, I was never in a Self Edge shop.

post #5740 of 5883
Men's File magazine has gotten together with Japan's Clutch Magazine (same publishers as Lightning) to do a double-wide issue. This is both the new issue of Men's File and the new issue of Clutch combined into one book sized magazine, do not miss this one, it's chock full of great clothing, cars, motorcycles, vintage shit, and more.

Men's File x Clutch Magazine:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=1192
post #5741 of 5883
Thread Starter 

Not sure if this is in your balliwick, but is there any chance of getting in any chore, work, or hunting jackets in Sashiko fabric?  I'm been looking for one for a while now, and they are really hard to find outside of Japan.  I saw a cool one by Samurai, and another by Blue Blue Japan.

post #5742 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Not sure if this is in your balliwick, but is there any chance of getting in any chore, work, or hunting jackets in Sashiko fabric?  I'm been looking for one for a while now, and they are really hard to find outside of Japan.  I saw a cool one by Samurai, and another by Blue Blue Japan.

I haven't seen one being made by any of the brands we carry but if i see one come across our line sheets i'll be sure to let you know (and send you photos).
post #5743 of 5883
On my last trip to NYC i sat down and did a lengthy interview with my friend Rob Lim, aka Superfuture's "readytoignite", for his Caught In the Crossfire blog. This didn't turn out to be the usual Self Edge related interview, if you're interested it's been posted online and broken up into two parts.

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part One: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-one/

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part Two: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-two/
post #5744 of 5883
Really nice read, that interview.
post #5745 of 5883
Fantastic conversation. Thanks for posting!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...