Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 11/15/16 at 10:09am in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 382post #5716 of 641111/30/13 at 9:03ampost #5717 of 641112/1/13 at 8:36ampost #5718 of 641112/2/13 at 10:12ampost #5719 of 641112/3/13 at 7:09amIron Heart Jersey Knit Snap Shirts & Loopwheeled Hooded Sweatshirts
Last year when we held an Iron Heart pop-up at SENY there was one single shirt which sold out so quickly that we wondered why we didn't carry the shirt when it was originally released. We believe it's one of those items that needs to be seen in person as opposed to photos online. In photographs it looks like a black Iron Heart shirt, in person you realize they took their snap buttoned shirt and made it out of the coziest jersey knit fabric they could make. This shirt is made of a soft heavy jersey knit fabric with custom Permex snap buttons, felled inner seams, and double-needle constructed. This thing does not disappoint.
We've also received a small restock of Iron Heart's super heavy loopwheeled zip hoodies in both black and gray. These go quick every year, don't nap.
The jersey knit shirt and hoodies are available now along with a full restock of jeans, belts, jackets, vests, cordovan wallets at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Iron Heart Onlinepost #5720 of 641112/9/13 at 11:15ampost #5721 of 641112/11/13 at 3:46pmDry Bones Leather & Wool Bad-Ass Jacket
Dry Bones has just delivered a very fresh looking leather and wool jacket. This jacket has black leather arms on a dark gray wool body with "redline" ribbing, a quilted red nylon lining, leather trimmed pocket openings, and both a zippered and buttoned front placket. They nailed every detail of this thing.
This jacket is available now at all of our stores and in our online store. Check the product page for measurements, high-res photos, and a spec list.
Shop Dry Bones Onlinepost #5722 of 641112/13/13 at 10:48pmIron Heart SEXIH07IIIBK = Type III Modified Jackets, Blanket Lined Rider's Jackets, & Alpaca Lined Deck Jackets
Just in time for the coldest months of the year we have three Iron Heart releases to keep you warm and looking good.
First up we have a jacket that we've redone due to many requests from our customers which didn't get to pick one up during the first two runs. This is the SEXIH07IIIBK overdyed modified Type III denim jacket. This is a Type III style jacket which we've had hand pockets put in and the body length has been extended by 2" so that it can be worn with an untucked shirt or t-shirt. The denim is originally from the SEXIH07 jean, an unsanforized 19oz indigo denim which is then garment dyed black. The jacket starts off a super dark indigo/black and ages over time with an amazing hue of blue/black.
Next up we have the newest version of Iron Heart's N-1 Deck Jacket. This year they've added an alpaca lining to the jacket, making it the warmest version thus far. This jacket comes with a double YKK zipper, snap enclosure inner pocket, and knit storm cuffs. Great warmth and funtionality in a very classic jacket style.
The most tried on jacket at our stores for the past seven years has been Iron Heart's rider's jacket which is available in both indigo and black. They've now done a new version which has a blanket lined body and quilted satin lined arms. These are done in limited numbers for this season.
All three of these jackets along with a restock of all jean models, belts, denim jackets, vests, and wallets are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Iron Heart Onlinepost #5723 of 641112/17/13 at 9:20ampost #5724 of 641112/26/13 at 6:08pmIntroducing Ace Boots - Made in USA Engineer Boots and Oxfords
We're proud to announce that we've added our first footwear line at Self Edge. Ace Boots is a Southern California based company which makes its boots and shoes in a small workshop The Valley (Los Angeles). This same workshop has been producing for some other well known lines over the past ten years or so and has been doing Ace's boots for the past two years. These are boots and shoes with a soul, they have a very handmade look and life to them which we appreciate.
The idea behind the collection is not only are these rugged shoes but we wanted them to be comfortable at the same time, hence the choice of soles and leathers. The collection is launching with a black engineer boot, a black oxford with a Vibram cushion sole, and a brownish-gray oxford with a leather split half sole and a Cat's Paw heel.
Ace is available in-store at SENY and SEPDX and can also be purchased online through our webstore, check the product pages for leather spec lists and more photographs.
Shop Ace Boots Online
Photos of the workshop where the boots and shoes are produced:
Ace Boots for Self Edge:post #5725 of 641112/27/13 at 8:53amStevenson Overall Company's Winter Collection - Pulling Out All The Organ Stops
This is the collection we've been waiting for... complete with denim jackets, shirts, flying jackets, socks, hats, and the most interesting pea coat we've carried thus far.
This is Stevenson's last delivery until the spring season and they've pulled out all the stops on this one. The fabric and detail on every shirt is seriously good and the lining and trim for every jacket is just beautiful.
For jackets we've received a flying jacket with a soft alpaca lining, a denim jacket with some of the coolest pocket designs we've seen, and a wool pea coat made of a fabric that has different colored neps throughout. Check the product pages for more information on the linings, trim, and designs of each jacket.
One of the sleeper hits of this collection is their Multi-Fleck Training Sweater made of a lamb/angora/silk blend. This thing fits like a dream and is extremely soft and warm.
We've got two shirts, one of which is made of a custom discharged calico print and the other is a black workshirt with some very interesting details to accentuate the fit around the shoulders and side seams. Stevenson still plays around with new ways to construct a simple long sleeve shirt, it's exciting to see it progress over time with different techniques of sewing and the usage of seams.
In the spring we got a run of Stevenson's Gima Yarn socks, they sold out so quickly we didn't get a chance to even photograph a pair for our webstore. We've ordered a larger run this time around in both black and red. Check the product page for a rundown of why you'd want a pair of socks made of Gima.
Along with all these items we've gotten in new hats and caps which are in-store exclusive, along with a full restock of all watchcaps. Check the product pages for measurements, full spec lists, and high-res photographs.
Shop Stevenson Overall Co. Onlinepost #5726 of 64111/3/14 at 9:39amFlat Head Down Jackets, Winter Flannels, 3012 and 105BSP Jeans, Wallets, & More
We've just received the last winter shipment of the season from Flat Head and it's full of jackets, shirts, tees, jeans, and leather accessories.
Ever since we started carrying Flat Head seven years ago we wanted to carry their down jackets. They're as good as everything else they do. These jackets are lightweight but super warm with the most luxurious down fill, fabrics, and trim used. We've decided to bring in their newest version this season and they look and feel great. They're available now at SESF, SENY, SEPDX, and in our online store.
We've received three new flannels, all three in new colors for this season in both workshirt and snap button versions. We love that after all these years Flat Head is still experimenting with new color palettes for their flannel patterns.
Flat Head has also done a new run of their sawtooth denim shirt, these come rinsed so no need to soak them before wearing. We've seen some of these worn for years by Flat Head's customers in Japan and they look amazing.
The striped wool blend socks we received in November were a hit and turned some into believers that a sock can change how comfortable your boots or shoes can be. We've received a restock of these socks in both colors.
Due to so many requests we now have Flat Head's heavyweight triple-stitched blank tees in white, we've also received restocks of gray and black.
It's a been a while since we carried a new Flat Head jean model and we're happy to announce that the new 3012 jean will be carried at all Self Edge stores. It's a straight tapered jean made of their 3XXX denim. It has a comfortable top block with a medium rise and then it tapers down to a small-ish leg opening below the knee.
Real Japan Blues has just finished a new run of the 105BSP jean, 60 pairs were made and they're available now at all Self Edge stores and online.
We have finally received a restock of the Wild Child Leather & Cordovan Flat Head wallets, available now in both tan or black versions. These things are amazing in both construction and functionality.
Along with all these items we've received a full restock of all other Flat Head jeans (including women's), horsehide jackets, argyle RJB socks, and a few other things we're not remembering at the moment. Check our online store for measurements, spec lists, and high-res photographs of the new collection.
Shop Flat Head Online
Shop Real Japan Blues Onlinepost #5727 of 64111/3/14 at 11:32ampost #5728 of 64111/8/14 at 3:53pmpost #5729 of 64111/8/14 at 5:17pmQuote:
Measurements for that shirt have been fixed. FYI, that Flat Head down jacket is very impressive, the fill is rated at 900-power and it's extremely warm but lightweight and the details are top notch.Quote:
Nope, no limit. Bring them in anytime.post #5730 of 64111/8/14 at 5:21pmQuote:
Cool. Will probably be in this weekend.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1012 Active Users (104 Members and 908 Guests)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Belvest Overcoat 42/40 - Loro Piana 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 26 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 42 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 43 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 44 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway