Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 2/17/17 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 377post #5641 of 64508/10/13 at 8:24ampost #5642 of 64508/10/13 at 8:24amSelf Edge SALE & Portland Grand Opening Party
Self Edge Portland is open for business and we're having an opening party to celebrate this Saturday night, August 10th, with beer for all, a giveaway with every purchase, and a sale on every line we carry. We've got new product from nearly every brand that's come into all four stores over the past few weeks. We're having a rare sale at all stores and online, 12% off everything!
Come by Self Edge Portland for some drinks and enjoy a 12% off sale. We're not leaving our other three stores or our online customers out of this, the 12% off sale will be honored at SESF, SENY, SELA, and our online store.
Self Edge Portland Opening Party and Sale:
Saturday, August 10th - 6pm to 10pm
1022 W. Burnside Street - Portland, Oregon
The sale will run Friday, August 9th through Sunday, August 11th at all four Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Self Edge Online Sale
Starts 9am (PDT) Friday, August 9th.
Ends 5pm (PDT) Monday, 12th.
Sale in-store and online will be 12% off (Excludes media, hemming, and repair services).
Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 12% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PDT) Friday August 9th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PDT) on Monday August 12.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases.
Coupon code for 12% off along with free shipping worldwide: SelfEdgePDXpost #5643 of 64508/11/13 at 9:02ampost #5644 of 64508/12/13 at 12:48ampost #5645 of 64508/12/13 at 4:07pmpost #5646 of 64508/15/13 at 3:27pm
Just wanted to share some information I think could be helpful for other customers.
I recently purchased the American Optical Modified Sunglasses. The photos on the website display the size 48 version, and the markings on the frames identify them as AOSafety model F9800. I ordered the size 50 and upon arrival I found that the model number was F9900.
I wasn't sure if there was any difference between these two models, but a little bit of internet research reveals that the F9800 only comes in size 46 and 48 (each with a size 20 keyhole-style bridge), and the F9900 only comes in size 50 and 52 (each with a size 22 universal-style bridge). Both models have the same temple length (145). Aside from these differences, which are mostly size-related, there are some subtle design differences in the frames.
The F9800 is a bit chunkier and the bridge appears to be slightly thicker and higher, with a more linear bottom edge: http://www.aearo.com/aosafetysrx.com/prod_images/xlarge/Base_f9800_lg.jpg.
The F9900 is a bit slimmer and possibly more rounded, with a more curved, thinner bridge: http://www.aearo.com/aosafetysrx.com/prod_images/xlarge/Base_f9900_lg.jpg.
Note that the two pictures above are not the modified versions sold at SelfEdge, but rather the base model versions.
(Kiya, it might be useful to provide this information on the website, especially for those customers who don't live near one of your retail stores.)
Hope this is helpful!post #5647 of 64508/17/13 at 10:25am3sixteen Heavy Weight 17oz Denim Jeans
We're excited to announce a new fabric from one of our best selling brands, 3sixteen's new 17oz denim. Over the last couple of years two of our best selling jeans at Self Edge have been the SL-100x and ST-100x from 3sixteen. They're both great cuts in a simple straight forward jean that ages beautifully made of a custom woven Japanese selvedge denim. 3sixteen have now taken those two silhouettes and produced them in a newly developed 17oz sanforized denim. Due to the heavier nature of the denim the jean feels a bit more rigid when new which will lead to even more definition in the fading over time with regular wear.
The new SL-130x and ST-130x are available now at all Self Edge stores, we don't think you can get a better jean at this price from any brand. Check the online store for full spec lists, measurements, and high-res photographs.
Shop 3sixteen Onlinepost #5648 of 64508/19/13 at 5:38pmpost #5649 of 64508/20/13 at 10:26ampost #5650 of 64508/22/13 at 8:00ampost #5651 of 64508/22/13 at 9:03am
We've stopped carrying this model, once the ST-220x came out most customers were only interested in the newer Double Black denim.Quote:Originally Posted by Mrk200
Any plans for more Flat Head Winter Flannels soon? I'd love to get http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=1034 in a size 44, but I can't find it anywhere.
Yup, new ones hit all stores next week!post #5652 of 64508/30/13 at 3:15pmIron Heart 8301s SBG, 666 Devil's Fit, & 10th Anniversary Loopwheeled T-Shirt
We've just received restocks of two of Iron Heart's most popular models along with a new loopwheeled t-shirt to commemorate their tenth anniversary.
The loopwheeled tee comes in a heavyweight gray fabric with a water based screened image on the front and back. These are made in limited numbers and will not be restocked.
Along with the new tee all stores have received full restocks of the 8301s slim cut jean in Iron Heart's SBG denim, this fabric starts black but ages over time like an indigo dyed jean. We've also received a full restock of the 18oz unsanforized indigo denim Devil's Fit slim cut, these go quick and are only produced twice a year.
All these items along with full restocks of all Iron Heart vests, jackets, wallets, and base line jeans are available now at all four Self Edge stores.
Shop Iron Heart Onlinepost #5653 of 64509/1/13 at 11:14amSomebody sold me a pair of Iron Heart 666-XHSs when I traveled overseas. Unworn, they're extremely tight...I can just barely button up all the buttons and everything is tight around the thighs. How much can I expect these jeans to stretch? I went back to the store and he seemed confident that they'd stretch, but I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about...though he seems knowledgable...but I'm in Asia and people like jeans tight here. Interestingly enough, I'm about a 32, and I bought a 32 even though Iron Heart's website recommends sizing down one size....still tight and uncomfortable as fuck. That said, I'd like them to work because they're cool and super heavy-duty.post #5654 of 64509/1/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by doopdoop
Somebody sold me a pair of Iron Heart 666-XHSs when I traveled overseas. Unworn, they're extremely tight...I can just barely button up all the buttons and everything is tight around the thighs. How much can I expect these jeans to stretch? I went back to the store and he seemed confident that they'd stretch, but I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about...though he seems knowledgable...but I'm in Asia and people like jeans tight here. Interestingly enough, I'm about a 32, and I bought a 32 even though Iron Heart's website recommends sizing down one size....still tight and uncomfortable as fuck. That said, I'd like them to work because they're cool and super heavy-duty.
That denim doesn't stretch that much, not anywhere near as much as their other fabrics, surprised there's a store selling the jeans that doesn't know how much each model stretches.
I suggest getting a bigger size.post #5655 of 64509/2/13 at 1:06amQuote:
Thanks Kiya. I tried them on again and they looked suprisingly good around the waist standing up. But, sitting down, I felt like they were pressing in against my stomach...yet the interesting part is they were surprisingly loose in the back...I had an inch of space maybe. Maybe they fit after all?
One question. Is it standard to need to triple roll up these 36" length IH-666-XHS jeans? I see your model has them rolled up only once...but they're kind of bunched up and pushed down towards the ankle. I'm going to have them chainstitch hemmed, but am not sure how many cuffs I should allow for.
When are you going to have more Iron Heart Super Black motorcycle jackets in stock? I'm going to be moving back to the US very soon and my first purchase will be a motorcycle. I wear a 42R jacket w/ my suit...does that mean I am an XL? I rarely am an XL in American sizes. Usually I'm medium or large.
What size should I order for the Iron Heart Super Tan belt if I fluctuate between a 32 and 33 waist?
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › New Pal Zileri Mid Grey Wool Pants 32R 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › $1050 Suitsupply La Spalla Brown Bird's Eye: 40R Mint. 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Su Misura Brown Gun Club Check Pure Cashmere... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 13 minutes ago
- › which spring/summer blazer should i get? 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway