or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 372

post #5566 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

FLATHEAD +1
Only thing I'm not sold on with FH is the zipper on some of their models.
I've got a bit, I'll be deciding on a pair for the fall.
Maybe the 3009, but not entirely sure yet.
post #5567 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

Only thing I'm not sold on with FH is the zipper on some of their models.
I've got a bit, I'll be deciding on a pair for the fall.
Maybe the 3009, but not entirely sure yet.

We have a special one made with a longer inseam and a button-fly, the model is the SE05BSP. It can be worn slim by going true to size or size up for a non-slim cut, its one of the only jeans we have which sizing up actually works well still.
post #5568 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

Any new Flat Head stuff coming in?
I'm torn between Strike Gold and Flat Head for my next pair of jawnz.

No new models for a while, we JUST released the 3105 and 3109 from SG a few weeks ago.
post #5569 of 6018
Kiya - Any ideas when you might get in some restocks of the SE05BSP in 31 or 32? You set me up in a pair of 32 3009s which are breaking in great. I am already itching to get another pair of FH and am looking for something slimmer....
post #5570 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

Kiya - Any ideas when you might get in some restocks of the SE05BSP in 31 or 32? You set me up in a pair of 32 3009s which are breaking in great. I am already itching to get another pair of FH and am looking for something slimmer....

I would go with a size 32 in the SE05BSP, we have that size in stock now at SELA and SENY if you'd like to place a phone (or email) order.
post #5571 of 6018

what size would you recommend in the RJB 103BSP?  i am intrigued with the Zimbabwe cotton.  For reference I measured the waist on my tagged 32 3009s and after the initial post-soak measurement of 31" they they have settled in at 32.25".  It sounds with shrink and stretch, the tagged 31" 103BSPs could work?!?  Anyhow, just thought I'd ask....

post #5572 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

what size would you recommend in the RJB 103BSP?  i am intrigued with the Zimbabwe cotton.  For reference I measured the waist on my tagged 32 3009s and after the initial post-soak measurement of 31" they they have settled in at 32.25".  It sounds with shrink and stretch, the tagged 31" 103BSPs could work?!?  Anyhow, just thought I'd ask....

Yup, the 31 in the 103BSP would be your size, after a hot soak they'll shrink right down to size.
post #5573 of 6018

Kiya,  I'm new to the raw denim world.  I purchased a pair of unbranded 301 indigo jeans in size 34.  They were tight in the beginning, but after wearing them 5 times they have stretched and are very comfortable.  I feel like I want to move up in quality and looking at some 3Sixteen SL-100x sz 34.  Like I said before, Unbranded 301 sz 34 is the only experience I currently have with raw denim.  I like the fit of the unbranded.  Is the SL-100X the same type of fit?  You think I should size down to a sz 33?  I currently wear a sz 33 in regular jeans.  BTW, I'm 6'2" @ 182lbs.  Thanks for your help.  I can tell this will be a new addiction for me.  I'm also looking at some Roy Jeans when they become available?

post #5574 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorx View Post

Kiya,  I'm new to the raw denim world.  I purchased a pair of unbranded 301 indigo jeans in size 34.  They were tight in the beginning, but after wearing them 5 times they have stretched and are very comfortable.  I feel like I want to move up in quality and looking at some 3Sixteen SL-100x sz 34.  Like I said before, Unbranded 301 sz 34 is the only experience I currently have with raw denim.  I like the fit of the unbranded.  Is the SL-100X the same type of fit?  You think I should size down to a sz 33?  I currently wear a sz 33 in regular jeans.  BTW, I'm 6'2" @ 182lbs.  Thanks for your help.  I can tell this will be a new addiction for me.  I'm also looking at some Roy Jeans when they become available?

You'd be a 34 in the SL-100, when you get them they should be a bit snug but will stretch with time.
If you want a pair of Roy's please subscribe to the mailing list on our front page of our site, we release his jeans every 2 months but they normally sell out in most sizes in less than 24 hours.
post #5575 of 6018
Any word on the hinted-at Iron Heart 301s in 23 ounces of love??!!
post #5576 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

Any word on the hinted-at Iron Heart 301s in 23 ounces of love??!!

June 20th!
post #5577 of 6018

Woo hoo can't wait for the update!

post #5578 of 6018
Self Edge x Iron Heart Zippo Lighters, 12oz SBG Denim Shirts, and Full Restocks

We've done a special run of Self Edge x Iron Heart 1941 Reproduction Zippo lighters. These lighters come with a brass body that has Zippo's "Black Ice" treatment, with a period correct four-barrel hinge, and original 1941 designed box. These lighters are available now at all Self Edge stores, our online store, and all Iron Heart flagship stores in Japan.

Next up we have a shirt that we knew would be a future staple in Iron Heart's line-up. This is a 12oz black/black SBG (Super Black Fade-To-Gray) denim snap button shirt, it is lighter in weight than its past versions making it far more wearable and ages like past SBG denim styles.

Along with these new items we've gotten full restocks of all Iron Heart jeans (including the 301s), jackets, vests, belts, wallets, and bracelets. Everything is available now at all Self Edge stores and online in our online store.

Shop Iron Heart Online







post #5579 of 6018

I know this has likely been discussed a lot so forgive me if this seems basic but I'm thinking about visiting Self Edge in SF soon but don't know if I should get sanforized or no-sanforized denim?

 

What are the differences?

 

I don't know a lot about premium selvedge denim other than I like a straight slim fit, but not super skinny. 

post #5580 of 6018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I know this has likely been discussed a lot so forgive me if this seems basic but I'm thinking about visiting Self Edge in SF soon but don't know if I should get sanforized or no-sanforized denim?

What are the differences?

I don't know a lot about premium selvedge denim other than I like a straight slim fit, but not super skinny. 

If you coming all the way to Self Edge then you should go with an unsanforized denim jean. The main difference to you is that when you initially buy them you have to soak them before wearing.
Here is some info about unsanforized denim which i explained on Put This On recently:
http://putthison.com/post/49940267405/should-i-really-wait-six-months-to-wash-my-jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...