Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 4/13/15 at 10:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 370
Styleforum Top Picks
Anytime you order something that's not in stock, you're at the mercy of whomever's producing the jeans. There's wide variability in how often a new run of jeans is made, so it's nearly impossible for a stockist to know when they'll get new supply of an item. This is only magnified in instances in which you're dealing with artisanal goods. For example, Roy jeans are made by one guy from scratch. Self Edge getting more Roy jeans is contingent on when Roy makes more jeans, and there's not necessarily a set schedule for new runs. So, in your case, SE may have been told they'd be getting a restock within a few weeks, and then simply didn't get the items in the expected timeframe discussed with their supplier. As Kiya said, this is the issue with doing presale. You don't truly know when the supplier will send forth the product, which can sometimes result in unreasonable waiting times. Just ask people who have ordered Aldens from Epaulet. Some people have been waiting more than a year.
When you're dealing with that type of a situation, best bet is to find out when they'll restock a certain item, and then regularly check the website and this thread for updates on restocks. If the jean you want is in stock when ordered, it generally takes somewhere in the range of 5-10 days for it to get hemmed, shipped and to arrive at destination. I ordered a pair of Roy Buck Tite with hemming service on 05/11, and the jeans arrived yesterday (05/18).
Yup, this is all true. It looks like he tried to take advantage of a sale and paid for a jean via phone with one of our employees at our NY store and waited for the restock to come in (which took longer than expected because we're at the mercy of the brand). We would never allow this via our website and it clearly states at the bottom of every sale posting we've ever done "Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.". The reason for this is to avoid the exact situation above.
Thomas will be contacting you shortly.
I echo sridhar's comments about the inherent delays associated with presales as something you need to accept if taking part in. But, why was he charged $25 for chain stitching when it was supposed to be free with purchase (according to the site), or at most $15 if sending them back, since he bought them from SE?
Thank you. Someone clearly understands the whole point of this post. Charged (extra?) for hemming and didn't even get it. I was only complaining about the delays to show how not getting the hemming done was and extra kick in the nuts after all that waiting.
Just got down to the bottom of this.. you ordered a size 32 jean in January via a phone order with SENY, they were shipped to you immediately (after confirming your address), they were too big so you sent them back and wanted a size 30, we sent out your replacement within 24 hours, you then sent that second pair back and wanted a 31, we didn't have a 31 so you had to wait till we restocked. From your original post one would think (including myself) that it took us 4 months to send out your order. This wasn't the case as we had sent you the jeans you requested that we had in stock within 24 hours, the 31 was out of stock and we're at the mercy of the brand at that point. Regarding the hemming, after all this back and forth Thomas from SENY forgot to get the final jeans hemmed before sending them out and he'll be contacting you shortly to rectify this.
Edited by kiya - 5/19/13 at 3:58pm
What kiya said was true, but he conveniently left out the part where Thomas made false promises of when they would be in stock. Not once, but several times after sending different follow up emails I was given false time frames. Thomas also did forget the hemming. Thomas also still hasn't contacted me yet. Sounds like you might need to have a chat with Thomas, because this did seem to go a lot more smoothly before he got involved.
What do you mean by "before he got involved"? Thomas was the one that shipped you the first two pairs that didn't fit you within 24 hours.
Also, Thomas hasn't contacted you because this came up 12 hours ago and he hasn't come into the shop because he doesn't work on Sundays.
After 5 months of run around, I have had it with the atrocious service I have recieved from selfedge. I sent this email to them to voice my complaints, I figured you all should see it too.
I don’t even know where to begin with trying to explain how pissed off I am at your horrible customer service. Not only did I receive the jeans 5 months after I ordered them, after repeatedly being promised “oh we’ll have those in a week or two” but you guys completely dropped the ball and forgot to hem them after I sent you extra money to do so. Quite frankly, if I’m paying over $300 for jeans I think hemming should be included, but I didn’t complain and sent you the extra $25 dollars yet somehow you still forgot to do it. Now I’m guessing you’ll have me pay even more money to send them back for the third time. Not going to happen, this is bullshit. I can’t believe how highly you are regarded for you customer service because I have not even come close to having a good experience with you guys. I will not be recommending you to anyone and will never do business with you again unless you find some way to remedy this situation in a way that does not cost me another dime. I’m already over $400 into this purchase...what the fuck guys?
This guy didn't even have the human decency to wait for a personal response from Kiya/SE before posting his problem here on SF. He didn't even post the whole story either. Come on, man.
Are you sure he (Thomas) didn't want you to try them on for fit prior to hemming? Seeing as you've had fit issues with two pairs of jeans, and hemming automatically makes them ineligible for return, maybe he wanted to be 100% sure they'd be the right size, prior to making irreversible changes (vis-à-vis hemming) to the item in question?
Also, seeing as you already have them now, it might be a good idea to get them hemmed after soaking them (assuming they're raw unsanforized). Just make sure the measurements of the jean will accommodate for shrinkage parameters prior to soaking them, else you may end up with a pair of jeans that are too tight and are not returnable thereafter. I'd be extra careful and check the shrinkage lengths on the Self Edge website prior to doing anything that can't be undone. Seeing as you've been having issues interpreting measurements listed on their website thus far, as evidenced by the multiple items exchanged, I'd exercise extra caution.
i think you should invest in a full body mirror so you don't have to climb a bathroom counter top. Seeing as you're spending $300+ on jeans, i think it's plausible.
why would you want them hemmed when you wouldn't even be certain the jeans fit? that just seems careless. oh how entitlement issues peeve me.
... As I expected, they were too big so I tried the 30 which were too small. At that point I knew the 31 would be perfect which is why I decided to get them hemmed. You guys are blowing this way out of proportion though and can't seem to get over the fact that I didn't have a 100% positive experience. ....
I had a little sympathy in the beginning but not after hearing the truth from Kiya.
- Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 46 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › 27 CLASSIC IVY-TRAD SUMMER JACKETS MEGATHREAD! SOME FREE! Sizes... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 6 minutes ago
- › STUNNING Vintage Pure CASHMERE Blazer! Made in the USA. c. 42, 44.... 7 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...