We'll have a restock of those from RJB/FH on February 11th.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 2/1/16 at 6:30am in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 363post #5431 of 62811/23/13 at 11:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5432 of 62812/7/13 at 10:19amFlat Head Jeans, T-Shirts, and Accessories
We've just received a fresh shipment from Flat Head filed with restocks of all their popular jean models. Every model from the F310 to the 3009 has been restocked. A very small restock of the SE05BSP has also been received with a larger restock coming March 1st.
A new run of their triple-stitched collar loopwheeled tees has been completed and we've restocked blank versions in both black and gray.
Along with these restocks we've gotten in new batches of the mid-length wallets, cordovan hand-sewn card cases, feather rings, key hooks, wallet chains, sneakers, lambskin gloves, and the sawtooth selvedge denim shirt.
All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Flat Head Onlinepost #5433 of 62812/15/13 at 8:11pmpost #5434 of 62812/15/13 at 8:58pmpost #5435 of 62812/16/13 at 12:27am
Next Roy release is March 2nd. Roy's special Cone denim, new fit, new details, more info to be posted on February 27th.Quote:
Yes, his shop is unreal. We pick our favorite pieces and offer them in the US for the first time along with the same cases and dust-cloths that he offers.post #5436 of 62812/18/13 at 2:13pmpost #5437 of 62812/18/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
Yup, loads of new stuff, their entire Spring and Summer collections start coming in starting this week starting with Flat Head. If you're local to the stores go check the stuff out, it'll be online by February 27th.post #5438 of 62812/22/13 at 6:18ampost #5439 of 62812/23/13 at 10:02amQuote:
Is the Flat Head stuff going to be tops only? Or will there be any new jean fits or denims?post #5440 of 62812/25/13 at 7:40pmpost #5441 of 62812/25/13 at 7:42pmFlat Head Leather & Wool Varsity Jacket, T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, & More
With this shipment from Flat Head we have the first of many new releases for this spring and summer.
Flat Head has done a new version of their popular varsity jacket, this time with cowhide leather arms and a rayon quilted liner. This jacket is definitely going to be a future collectible item.
We've also received a new printed loopwheeled t-shirt and a new polo shirt. The tee has a new "Golden Ticket" themed print on the front, back, and sleeve on a black loopwheeled t-shirt. The polo has a great fit with custom buttons and a small "FH" chest embroidery.
Along with these three new items we've received blank loophwheeled tees in both black and gray available in all sizes.
All of these items along with a full restock of all jeans, belts, wallets, key rings, feather rings, and more is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Flat Head Onlinepost #5442 of 62812/28/13 at 9:19amThe Roy SF01 - Special Fit Jeans
Roy has taken it upon himself to rework the details in his standard 5-pocket jean model. Nearly every aspect of the jean has been tweaked including the fit.
The belt loops are now thinner and made on a 1920's Union Special belt loop making machine, the leather patch design is different and on a smaller patch, and even the front pocket openings are shaped differently. We personally love the bump on the rear pocket welts which resemble the exaggerated bump on the belt loops from many Japanese brands.
Roy is calling this the "special fit", it is in between a straight and a slim with a completely new upper block which Roy says is the best fitting jean he's made thus far.
This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced a loomstate unsanforized fabric for anybody.
The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in it's raw state. The denim is made of American cotton and is 100% pure indigo dyed in the darkest shade Cone produces.
Technically, the construction of the denim.. the warp has multiple sized (engineered) slub yarns and the weft has large rough spun (non-engineered) yarn. It weighs 14.5 in loomstate and approximately 16.25oz after a hot water soak.
The fabric hand is smooth and tight. Roy had Cone pack as many picks per inch (46 in 6.4 gauge yarn) as could be done without the loom blowing out and therefore achieved the tight weave he was after. There is a sound to the denim, after its been worn a few weeks - when you rustle it, that's somewhere between suede and oil cloth. This is tough fabric.
The look is streaky and it appears grey-ish at first. After rinsing and a few weeks of wear, it starts to change character as the white hairs formed by the fill yarns wear off leaving the streakiness to mellow and the shade to become a more rich, classic indigo.
Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.
Check the product pages in our online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.
The Roy SF01 Jean will be available at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday March 2nd and in our online store at 10am (PST) the same day.
Roy's Jeans at Self Edge Onlinepost #5443 of 62813/2/13 at 12:03ampost #5444 of 62813/2/13 at 8:35amQuote:
634s restock is coming March 10th.
Beatle Buster is coming May 1st, thats when the new production run will be done.
99BSP we have in full size runs at SELA and SENY if you'd like to place a phone order now.post #5445 of 62813/2/13 at 8:51am
- Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
Currently, there are 1570 Active Users (360 Members and 1210 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Panta 6 fold ties, wool and 50oz silk 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 7 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 7 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.