We'll have a restock of those from RJB/FH on February 11th.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 3/8/17 at 8:16am in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 363post #5431 of 64551/23/13 at 11:57pmpost #5432 of 64552/7/13 at 10:19amFlat Head Jeans, T-Shirts, and Accessories
We've just received a fresh shipment from Flat Head filed with restocks of all their popular jean models. Every model from the F310 to the 3009 has been restocked. A very small restock of the SE05BSP has also been received with a larger restock coming March 1st.
A new run of their triple-stitched collar loopwheeled tees has been completed and we've restocked blank versions in both black and gray.
Along with these restocks we've gotten in new batches of the mid-length wallets, cordovan hand-sewn card cases, feather rings, key hooks, wallet chains, sneakers, lambskin gloves, and the sawtooth selvedge denim shirt.
All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Flat Head Onlinepost #5433 of 64552/15/13 at 8:11pmpost #5434 of 64552/15/13 at 8:58pmpost #5435 of 64552/16/13 at 12:27am
Next Roy release is March 2nd. Roy's special Cone denim, new fit, new details, more info to be posted on February 27th.Quote:
Yes, his shop is unreal. We pick our favorite pieces and offer them in the US for the first time along with the same cases and dust-cloths that he offers.post #5436 of 64552/18/13 at 2:13pmpost #5437 of 64552/18/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
Yup, loads of new stuff, their entire Spring and Summer collections start coming in starting this week starting with Flat Head. If you're local to the stores go check the stuff out, it'll be online by February 27th.post #5438 of 64552/22/13 at 6:18ampost #5439 of 64552/23/13 at 10:02amQuote:
Is the Flat Head stuff going to be tops only? Or will there be any new jean fits or denims?post #5440 of 64552/25/13 at 7:40pmpost #5441 of 64552/25/13 at 7:42pmFlat Head Leather & Wool Varsity Jacket, T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, & More
With this shipment from Flat Head we have the first of many new releases for this spring and summer.
Flat Head has done a new version of their popular varsity jacket, this time with cowhide leather arms and a rayon quilted liner. This jacket is definitely going to be a future collectible item.
We've also received a new printed loopwheeled t-shirt and a new polo shirt. The tee has a new "Golden Ticket" themed print on the front, back, and sleeve on a black loopwheeled t-shirt. The polo has a great fit with custom buttons and a small "FH" chest embroidery.
Along with these three new items we've received blank loophwheeled tees in both black and gray available in all sizes.
All of these items along with a full restock of all jeans, belts, wallets, key rings, feather rings, and more is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
Shop Flat Head Onlinepost #5442 of 64552/28/13 at 9:19amThe Roy SF01 - Special Fit Jeans
Roy has taken it upon himself to rework the details in his standard 5-pocket jean model. Nearly every aspect of the jean has been tweaked including the fit.
The belt loops are now thinner and made on a 1920's Union Special belt loop making machine, the leather patch design is different and on a smaller patch, and even the front pocket openings are shaped differently. We personally love the bump on the rear pocket welts which resemble the exaggerated bump on the belt loops from many Japanese brands.
Roy is calling this the "special fit", it is in between a straight and a slim with a completely new upper block which Roy says is the best fitting jean he's made thus far.
This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced a loomstate unsanforized fabric for anybody.
The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in it's raw state. The denim is made of American cotton and is 100% pure indigo dyed in the darkest shade Cone produces.
Technically, the construction of the denim.. the warp has multiple sized (engineered) slub yarns and the weft has large rough spun (non-engineered) yarn. It weighs 14.5 in loomstate and approximately 16.25oz after a hot water soak.
The fabric hand is smooth and tight. Roy had Cone pack as many picks per inch (46 in 6.4 gauge yarn) as could be done without the loom blowing out and therefore achieved the tight weave he was after. There is a sound to the denim, after its been worn a few weeks - when you rustle it, that's somewhere between suede and oil cloth. This is tough fabric.
The look is streaky and it appears grey-ish at first. After rinsing and a few weeks of wear, it starts to change character as the white hairs formed by the fill yarns wear off leaving the streakiness to mellow and the shade to become a more rich, classic indigo.
Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.
Check the product pages in our online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.
The Roy SF01 Jean will be available at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday March 2nd and in our online store at 10am (PST) the same day.
Roy's Jeans at Self Edge Onlinepost #5443 of 64553/2/13 at 12:03ampost #5444 of 64553/2/13 at 8:35amQuote:
634s restock is coming March 10th.
Beatle Buster is coming May 1st, thats when the new production run will be done.
99BSP we have in full size runs at SELA and SENY if you'd like to place a phone order now.post #5445 of 64553/2/13 at 8:51am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1280 Active Users (152 Members and 1128 Guests)
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new hairstyle 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 33 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 45 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...