I've soaked over 30 pairs of jeans in a small bathroom sink with great results.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicFlat Headtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicImperialtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicIron Hearttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicNudietagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSelf Edgetagged by SYSTEM, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Iron Heart denim Last post on 9/22/16 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold... - Page 355post #5311 of 635110/14/12 at 9:53pmpost #5312 of 635110/15/12 at 5:24pmthanks kiya, i've been soaking my denim in bathtubs for years, so this is good to know. If I don't find a stopper for my sink, the country is notorious for household incongruities like this, and it feels like the dry clean option isn't really optional, when is the next time you'll restock?post #5313 of 635110/15/12 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by dotcomzzz
thanks kiya, i've been soaking my denim in bathtubs for years, so this is good to know. If I don't find a stopper for my sink, the country is notorious for household incongruities like this, and it feels like the dry clean option isn't really optional, when is the next time you'll restock?
Next restock of the SE05BSP from Flat Head is November 1st.post #5314 of 635110/17/12 at 11:08amIron Heart Pop-Up Shop, Party, & Collaborative Collection - New York City
Over six years ago, when we opened the first Self Edge, we had a list of brands which we knew we had to carry. At the top of that list was a brand nearly unknown outside of Japan. We'd seen their jeans in a few motorcycle shops around Tokyo and admired their pure vision; this brand was Iron Heart. Six years later our best selling jean every day, month, and year is their flagship 634s jean. This jean looks great on anybody that tries it on, the fabric feels great right off the bat, and the denim ages well with wear, basically it's the perfect jean.
Over the years Iron Heart has gone from a few jean models, a few shirts, and the occasional winter jacket to a full diverse collection of jeans, pants, shirts, loopwheeled t-shirts, sweaters, wallets, belts, jewelry, and functional outerwear. Being that we carry other brands in our stores it would be impossible for us to properly carry everything Iron Heart produces. We wanted to show off their entire collection in the states so we've taken all the product that Iron Heart currently makes that's available in their flagship stores in Japan and brought it all to New York City for a ten day period.
Starting Saturday, October 20th Self Edge New York will be transformed into an Iron Heart only shop for ten days with a full range of everything they produce. To kick things off we have a party planned for Saturday (October 20th) from 6pm to 10pm. The entire Iron Heart Japan and UK crews will be in full attendance including Shinichi Haraki, the man behind the madness.
To commemorate this occasion we've done a three part collaboration with Iron Heart that will be released at all three Self Edge stores. On October 20th we'll be releasing a Self Edge x Iron Heart Loopwheeled T-Shirt, a 634s jean made of the super dark indigo SEXIHXLSXA13 23oz denim, and The Final Denim Jacket. The Final Denim Jacket is exactly that, the ultimate denim jacket. It's made of 23oz selvedge indigo denim, the body length is 2" longer than your average Type III jacket, it's got two front hand pockets, the entire body is blanket lined, the arms are poly quilted for comfort (when worn with a short sleeve shirt), and it's got a denim phone pocket on the inner left chest. They said we couldn't make a denim jacket out of this fabric due to how many layers of fabric there would be at a few of the stitch points, Haraki-San made it happen and and for that we're very thankful.
Iron Heart Pop-Up Launch Party w/ Iron Heart Japan and UK
Saturday, October 20th
6pm to 10pm
All Ages, Pork Slap Beer Provided for 21+
Self Edge New York
157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)
New York, NY 10002
Iron Heart Pop-Up Shop
Starts: October 20th (Noon)
Ends: October 31st (7pm)
Self Edge New York
157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)
New York, NY 10002
Self Edge x Iron Heart Jean, T-Shirt, and Jacket Release
Available at all three Self Edge store at noon (local time) on Saturday, October 20th.
Available in our online store at 9am (PDT) on Saturday, October 20th.
Jeans limited to 100, jacket limited to 50, and t-shirt limited to 50.
Shop Iron Heart Onlinepost #5315 of 635110/17/12 at 12:55pmpost #5316 of 635110/17/12 at 1:59pmpost #5317 of 635110/20/12 at 5:39ampost #5318 of 635110/20/12 at 6:40ampost #5319 of 635110/20/12 at 8:11ampost #5320 of 635110/20/12 at 8:52ampost #5321 of 635110/20/12 at 9:07ampost #5322 of 635110/20/12 at 6:45pmpost #5323 of 635110/22/12 at 1:13ampost #5324 of 635110/22/12 at 6:32ampost #5325 of 635110/22/12 at 7:34amQuote:
They run true to size, so they shrink to the tagged size.Quote:
We do offer quite a few jeans like that, check these:
Sugar Cane Hawaii
Sugar Cane Okinawa
Sugar Cane 1947
Flat Head 3009
Iron Heart 634s-SEXIH13
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 863 Active Users (99 Members and 764 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 40 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 15 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 32 minutes ago
- › Where to Shop in Vienna? 32 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...