or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I'm in Midtown NYC and want to buy a pair of regular (not raw) denim jeans...where would you go?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm in Midtown NYC and want to buy a pair of regular (not raw) denim jeans...where would you go?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I have an athetic build 6'2 200lbs and recently lost 50lbs. All my current jeans are really big on me (36"x32"). I've never had slim fitting jeans and am more the straight leg/bootcut jean wearer. I'm not looking to get a pair of raw denim because I want to wear them this weekend and I feel like I need to break them in around the house first. (Right?) I have normally been wearing either Polo or J.Crew jeans and I have always liked them. I'm looking for something a bit nicer and obviously in a dark color. Any tips or ideas? I was thinking about going to the boomingdales on 59th? Any other ideas? 

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

(This is my first post/thread on SF, so if this is in the wrong place, mods please forgive me and place it where it belongs)

 

 

post #2 of 7
I would just buy raw. You don't need to wear them around the house first...just wear them. Anyway, I'd head down to Soho and check out Self Edge, Jean Shop, Epaulet, RRL, and maybe APC. You're bound to find something there that will work.
post #3 of 7
If you change your mind and want to try some raw or one-wash jeans at Self Edge we've got over 45 models of jeans for men:
Self Edge
157 Orchard Street (at Rivington)
NY, NY 10002
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post

I would just buy raw. You don't need to wear them around the house first...just wear them. Anyway, I'd head down to Soho and check out Self Edge, Jean Shop, Epaulet, RRL, and maybe APC. You're bound to find something there that will work.


Ok I think I'll do that tomorrow.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post

If you change your mind and want to try some raw or one-wash jeans at Self Edge we've got over 45 models of jeans for men:
Self Edge
157 Orchard Street (at Rivington)
NY, NY 10002


Thank you, I think I'll head over there tomorrow.

 

 

 

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user201212 View Post

I have an athetic build 6'2 200lbs and recently lost 50lbs. All my current jeans are really big on me (36"x32"). I've never had slim fitting jeans and am more the straight leg/bootcut jean wearer. I'm not looking to get a pair of raw denim because I want to wear them this weekend and I feel like I need to break them in around the house first. (Right?) I have normally been wearing either Polo or J.Crew jeans and I have always liked them. I'm looking for something a bit nicer and obviously in a dark color. Any tips or ideas? I was thinking about going to the boomingdales on 59th? Any other ideas? 

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

(This is my first post/thread on SF, so if this is in the wrong place, mods please forgive me and place it where it belongs)

 

 


At 6'2" I'd think you need at least a 34" inseam. I'm 5'10" and 32" is about as short an inseam as I could go, though I usually go 34 or above for stacking. Now I know you are probably not that interested in stacking, but I'm still surprised you are rocking a 32" inseam at 6'2."

Head down to SelfEdge and have them help you out. If you don't end up buying there you'll at least get some great knowledge.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 

This is a pair of 36"x32" J.Crew straight leg jeans. As you can tell they are pretty baggy on me. I will definitely hit up SelfEdge, but its too late tonight. What size/type of cut do you think would work well with my body type? I'm not really into "skinny jeans" just something a bit more tailored is what I have been looking for...

 

48008702.jpg

 

48823322.jpg

post #7 of 7
Self-edge and Jean Shop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I'm in Midtown NYC and want to buy a pair of regular (not raw) denim jeans...where would you go?