or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Worst-dressed cities in the world
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Worst-dressed cities in the world

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
http://travel.ca.msn.com/photogallery.aspx?cp-documentid=30567563

Funny read. Have to agree about Vancouver since that's where I'm from.
post #2 of 18
The author sounds fat. I love yoga pants. The only things better or rolled up cotton Sophies and volleyball shorts.
post #3 of 18
Orlando was the first place that popped into my mind.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Orlando was the first place that popped into my mind.

Retirement seaside resorts are the worst dressed cities by experience...
post #5 of 18
Daytona Beach, Topeka, and Bakersfield are probably feeling a bit slighted right now.
post #6 of 18
As much as I love the land where six generations of my kin have died, almost all of Florida should be included as "worst-dressed". Only the Latin flair of Miami and the Old South formality of Tallahassee & old St. Augustine offer the state any redemption.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

As much as I love the land where six generations of my kin have died, almost all of Florida should be included as "worst-dressed". Only the Latin flair of Miami and the Old South formality of Tallahassee & old St. Augustine offer the state any redemption.

6 generations?

No latino in you?
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


6 generations?

No latino in you?

I have a Chilean grandfather, but the rest is just old Florida cracker.
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstone View Post

May be that is the writer in the pic . laugh.gif
5086.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post

The author sounds fat. I love yoga pants. The only things better or rolled up cotton Sophies and volleyball shorts.

Maybe, I've seen way too many fat women with jelly rolls, strolling around Robson St in their lululemon yoga pants.
post #10 of 18
Sydney , Australia

affixiation with black suits despite being a warm and bright climate
business shirts and suit jackets that look like a draping table cloth on its owner
black shoes that are either square toe or sharp and pointy like a jester
a general maliase when it comes to thinking about what you look like

....the ladies in CBD seem to dress a bit better
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star View Post

Sydney , Australia

affixiation with black suits despite being a warm and bright climate
business shirts and suit jackets that look like a draping table cloth on its owner
black shoes that are either square toe or sharp and pointy like a jester
a general maliase when it comes to thinking about what you look like

....the ladies in CBD seem to dress a bit better

And me thinking Australia was a sartorial beacon of light...
post #12 of 18
I think Los Angeles dresses pretty poorly. Guys dress like d-bags, hipster goofs, surfer punks or Walter White.
post #13 of 18
I like how "world" means North America with one or two other places thrown in.

I've lived in Philly for a few years and definitely thinks it belongs on the list. (It also deserves its #1 ranking in Travel + Leisure's city with ugliest residents poll.) But I kind of like living in a city of slobs--no pressure to dress well. (And I'm shocked every time I see w.o.e.is.me's photos on SF--I've never seen him in Philly, but he must be a spectacle wherever he goes in the city. In a good way.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsayers View Post

I think Los Angeles dresses pretty poorly. Guys dress like d-bags, hipster goofs, surfer punks or Walter White.

I agree wholeheartedly with the douchebag sentiment. But still, L.A. does not belong on this list. There's a lot of style in the city (just happens to be more SW than MC).
post #14 of 18
Montreal - fat dudes in frat clothes.

LA definitely does not belong on that list - just because you don't like local style doesn't mean there isn't any.

Philly. Wasn't too impressed with Boston either - style doesn't just mean wearing a suit.

A lot of Texas.

People in Rio didn't seem particularly stylish - but it was so damn hot when I was there, I can't say I was dressing all that well or caring.

Seoul a five years ago didn't seem particularly stylish, that may have changed.
post #15 of 18
Among European cities, at least, my hometown, Helsinki, is one of the worst-dressed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Worst-dressed cities in the world