its not my doing. something weird going on?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 48post #706 of 57483/4/12 at 12:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #707 of 57483/4/12 at 12:24pmpost #708 of 57483/4/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by jpcdmd
Can I get some feedback on this suit from ModernTailor? Its my first suit order from them. Paid $300. My main concern is the balance. When buttoned, the lapels bow out and wont lay flat on my chest. Also, the button pulls upward a little. I checked the box marked "Average" for posture, should I have checked "Erect"??? My guess is that the front is too short. If I try to change my posture to fit to the jacket, I have to roll my shoulders forward a little. If I stand normally, there is tension on the button and at the front of the armholes where it pulls on the chest. My other thoughts:
-pants need another .5" in length
-theres a ripple on my right shoulder, not sure what is causing it
-another ripple in the fabric at the top of the left arm, feels like something wrong with the lining in the sleeve
-pants might need letting out in the waist, as I have to suck in a little to get them buttoned, there is a horizontal wrinkle across the crotch area, and the pockets are bowed open a little
-the pockets don't line up with the plaid pattern, looks like they are angled down toward the crotch. Is this normal?
Included a pic of the jacket hanging unbuttoned to see how it drapes without button tension
This could potentially be a very Tom Ford alike piece, especially for the price you paid. However everything is too tight and needs a complete remake, hope the second turnout would be betterpost #709 of 57483/4/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by inlandisland
I'm not a tailor, but I think you may have the armholes too high on this shirt, which causes a point that pulls fabric from the surrounding area in/upwards and creates all that bunching. Despite what you read on the internet, armholes can be too high. Just out of curiousity, does the shirt feel tight in the armpits?
The other pulling (yoke, second button, etc.) also looks to the a product of the shirt being too tight overall in this area.Quote:Originally Posted by Mirador
Would love some feedback on what's gone wrong with the cut of this shirt. The shirt is from a well known MTM provider with a good following here on SF. The issues I have seem to be with the yoke.
Notice how a V-shape forms off my second button, and the excess fabric between top and second button - and the floating shoulders
Then there's all this excess fabric puckering/pleating on the shoulder
Shot from behind
I've had great service from these guys but they seemed uncertain as to why there are these problems with the fit. I've been wearing business shirts off-the-rack for 20+ years and never had a problem like this. Would appreciatte some feedback, perhaps the shirt is not wide enough across the shoulders ?
you have square shoulders the shirt has sloping shoulders.
at the chest level the front is too tight and the back is too big..
since these fellows are uncertain, have them send it back.
they should make a new one.
send these photos with the shirt.post #710 of 57483/4/12 at 1:23pmpost #711 of 57483/4/12 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
You guys might like this. I got my jacket back from a tailor after having the shoulders chopped a bit. I take it home and notice some misshaped area near the shoulder. So I push on it only to get pricked by a pin.... they left a pin in the shoulder and I can't remove it. It made me bleed; I hope I don't get HIV.
you need to return that superfluous pin to the tailor. after cleaning the superfluous blood.off of it.
getting a hiv shot would not be superfluous.
next time you see tony say hello for me.post #712 of 57483/4/12 at 3:20pmpost #713 of 57483/4/12 at 8:48pm
I apologize in advance for phone pics. I recently killed the OTHER good camera... that we replaced the first one I killed with...
Any rate, I appeal to the experts to determine if these are A) worth keeping and B) what alterations need made. It is worth noting that its just a jacket and vest combo, which apparently was a thing at some point, and not two pieces of a three piece suit. If I did the pinch test correctly it appears to be canvassed, not fused, but I'm not sure I trust myself to have done that properly.
I know I need to get the sleeves trimmed on the shirt, it was just the first thing I grabbed.post #714 of 57483/4/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
the suit looks pretty good, just cant see see any details.
yes the sleeves should be shortened.
the seat seam of the trousers needs to be reshaped
on the curve. so that it cleans the seat area.
there may be something with the collar. can we have a photo.post #715 of 57483/5/12 at 4:26am
Thanks for the feedback. I shall forget it. I did really like the pattern though.
Quote:post #716 of 57483/5/12 at 6:13pmpost #717 of 57483/7/12 at 11:47pm
I just received The Essential Gray Herringbone 3 Piece Suit from Indochino today and I would like your suggestions. This is my first suit and I'm not sure what I should have altered. I'm 5'4" and I'm around 135lbs. These are my thoughts:
- Could I slim this suit down? I think it would look better overall...
- My dress shirt's sleeve stops right above my wrist so you can't see them when I have the jacket on. I think I have to shorten the jacket sleeves some. How much should the sleeves (cuffs?) be showing? Is there something funny about the jacket sleeves (from front shot)?
- Is the waste area of the jacket too wide? I didn't have them suppress the waist as much. Maybe it's okay?
- Is the jacket too short?
- Also, looks like the lapel could use some fixing.
- The pants are a little long and a little baggy for my taste so I will shorten it so there's just a small break and taper it so that it's slimmer. What do you guys think?
- I think the crotch area is a little too low in the front and it's causing the pants to "hang" or look like I need to pull up my pants. In the back, it looks like it's all bunched up...Not good...Is it costly to fix this?
I'm not sure what ese to look for, but if you guys have any suggestions that would be great!
Edited by ohian - 3/8/12 at 12:56ampost #718 of 57483/8/12 at 10:25ampost #719 of 57483/8/12 at 10:42amI've been scratching my head about this suit, a Paul Stuart from the Stuart II line that I picked up from b&s. I feel in a way that it fits quite funny, but that might just be because it's big or because of the high rise. The pants fits well in the waist.
I guess I could have a little bit snugger fit on the jacket for some more waist suppression.
However, it looks strangely good on me from time to time, and if it can be improved with some (minor) adjustments, I would like to continue using it.
I'm heading over to NYC in a couple of weeks and was thinking about bringing it to PS to have their views on alterations (if it's even justifiable).
What do you guys think?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edit: Here are some better full body shots.
Edited by OliT - 3/8/12 at 11:52ampost #720 of 57483/8/12 at 10:57am
lol, i missed this thread before i created a new one, sorry about that. noob mistake
I got my new indochino suit yesterday and would appreciate some feedback.
looking for criticism and advice on what should be tailored, or if a whole remake is better.
here are my own thoughts about the suit.
- sleeves need to be reduced by .5 or so
- lapel blows out a bit when buttoned
- there is excess fabric around the bicep area
- the shoulders don't seem right to me
- theres some pucker on back underneath the collar
anything else you guys noticed?
what i was aiming for was to get a suit that fit like this SF member's.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Polo Ralph Lauren White Cotton Linen Pants Multiple sizes 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan