or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 445

post #6661 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post
 

 

It's bulging out every so slightly, so perhaps it's not a legitimate concern. They're both not as short as I'd like. The length of the jacket ideally hits around my wrist and right now it's hitting at the bottom of my thumb. 

 

I'm no tailor, but you definitely don't want your jacket ending at the same height as your sleeves.

post #6662 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post
 

 

I'm no tailor, but you definitely don't want your jacket ending at the same height as your sleeves.

haha yeah, i didn't read that message that carefully. i definitely agree with this advice.

post #6663 of 6934

I have bought my first suit, and need advice on the fit for the pants, as I have not got a trained eye just yet.

 

My plan is to use these pants as a template for new pants from Luxire, but before I make an order from Luxire I want some advice on the fit, if I should make some alterations.

 

Here are the pictures:

 


 


post #6664 of 6934
I recently purchased a BB Fitzgerald suit and wanted to get the opinions of the experts regardingn what adjustments I should make. At a minimum I will take in the pants waist and pants length. Any other suggestions? Any easy way to ease the bunching in my pants near the buttocks or in that tricep/back shoulder area? Thanks for the help!


post #6665 of 6934
Hello guys!
I just got my db blazer from Suitsupply and I would like to know your opinions about the fitting.

Thanks
post #6666 of 6934
@Holidaypartysui

I am not an expert but those pants look too tight. In my experience, the bigger the thigh measurement the less bunching. You basically need it to line up with the width of you butt which is bigger than your thigh. It also looks too tight across your butt. I think I see pulling. Do your pockets flare out?That is also a sign for me. I'd probably try a size up and take in the waist more if you need that. If that isn't possible then you might want to try a differently shaped pant.

Again I am by no means an expert but for the suit arms it looks like the sleeve is not attached at the right angle for you. Does that bunching go away if you raise your arms a little bit in front of you? Perhaps that means the suit was made for people with a more bent over posture than you where the arms don't line up exactly with the body. It looks like you are standing up pretty straight.
post #6667 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

@Holidaypartysui

I am not an expert but those pants look too tight. In my experience, the bigger the thigh measurement the less bunching. You basically need it to line up with the width of you butt which is bigger than your thigh. It also looks too tight across your butt. I think I see pulling. Do your pockets flare out?That is also a sign for me. I'd probably try a size up and take in the waist more if you need that. If that isn't possible then you might want to try a differently shaped pant.

Again I am by no means an expert but for the suit arms it looks like the sleeve is not attached at the right angle for you. Does that bunching go away if you raise your arms a little bit in front of you? Perhaps that means the suit was made for people with a more bent over posture than you where the arms don't line up exactly with the body. It looks like you are standing up pretty straight.

Dalevy - thanks for the constructive feedback! I tried sizing up but the jacket felt too large in the shoulders.

Do you think taking the seat out when I take out the waist will alleviate some of the bunching in the pants?
post #6668 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidaypartysui View Post


Dalevy - thanks for the constructive feedback! I tried sizing up but the jacket felt too large in the shoulders.

Do you think taking the seat out when I take out the waist will alleviate some of the bunching in the pants?


Maybe? You should ask your local tailor. Or tailors here, but it seems like you haven't gotten an opinion yet. It might be that letting out the thigh and seat would be better. 

post #6669 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkzzz View Post

I have bought my first suit, and need advice on the fit for the pants, as I have not got a trained eye just yet.

My plan is to use these pants as a template for new pants from Luxire, but before I make an order from Luxire I want some advice on the fit, if I should make some alterations.

Here are the pictures:










Bump, please help, I need guidence
post #6670 of 6934
Hello!

I recently ordered several suits from Suit Supply, including a Sienna in navy bird eyes wool fabric.

Here is how the trousers fit out-of-the-box:


At the beginning, I thought there was an excess of fabric below my bottom. Thus, I asked my local tailor to tapered the trousers in this area.
She did not perform the alteration for the moment and I am starting to wonder if I wasn't mistaken.
Looking more carefully to the picture, it seems that the trousers are too tight on the calves - which is a recurring issue actually - and therefore does not drap correctly.



What do you think?
What would you suggest?

Many thanks in advance !

Fred

Additional photos:
post #6671 of 6934
I picked this Brooks Brothers Black Fleece suit on clearance and I am not convinced it is a keeper. The immediate impression I had is that the jacket is too bulky about the waist, giving the appearance that I have a bigger mid section that I do. In the pictures it is straight off the rack and completely unaltered. Please let me know your thoughts and advice and thanks in advance for any response.

photo 20160612_172227_zpssshg25tm.jpg

photo 20160612_171950_zpstw8crgtm.jpg

photo 20160612_172330_zpsiwnousix.jpg

photo 20160612_172534_zpsefpjzr1j.jpg

photo 20160612_172421_zpsfclebokz.jpg
post #6672 of 6934
Removed
Edited by Smitty2k1 - 6/21/16 at 7:34pm
post #6673 of 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by webzeb View Post

Hello!

I recently ordered several suits from Suit Supply, including a Sienna in navy bird eyes wool fabric.

Here is how the trousers fit out-of-the-box:


At the beginning, I thought there was an excess of fabric below my bottom. Thus, I asked my local tailor to tapered the trousers in this area.
She did not perform the alteration for the moment and I am starting to wonder if I wasn't mistaken.
Looking more carefully to the picture, it seems that the trousers are too tight on the calves - which is a recurring issue actually - and therefore does not drap correctly.



What do you think?
What would you suggest?

Many thanks in advance !

Fred

Additional photos:
Hello,

I think the seamstress will start the work very soon.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.


Many thanks advance !

Fred
post #6674 of 6934

Hi everyone,

 

I posted  question earlier but I should have posted it here.

 

 

I like to have a 1.75" cuffs on all of my cuffs.  I also like to have a 28 to 28.5" inseam.  With that said, what is the total inseam length I would need in order achieve this?

 

28 + 3.5 (1.75" x 2) = 31.5 " ?

 

 

Thanks

post #6675 of 6934

Hi, i need of an advice about the fit of this jacket.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions