or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 443

post #6631 of 6939

Hello there! I would like to order shirt and pants from Luxire and I would like to improve fit of my clothes because as many of you here I’m not satisfied :). May ask you for your time to take a look and give me some opinion what to improve.

 

My body is not perfect and I had shoulder surgery few months ago and my right shoulder is much higher then the other and longer also which causes significal asymmetry.

 

My planned changes and what bothers me:

 

Shirt:

  • need to adjust for sloping shoulders
  • adjust left shoulder more then the right one
  • elongate right shoulder
  • smaller armholes
  • sleeves are little bit baggy but they are tight in the elbow area - how to solve this? I would like to have less baggy sleeves but with more elbow room.
  • what about the lower back excess fabric? I have darts on this shirt but there is still some excess fabric and it looks baggy after few moments because it will become untucked. Is it possible to remove this fabric without sacrificing movability?

 

Pants:

  • which measurement need to be changed to avoid pocket flare as in photos?
  • how to solve horizontal lines below the seat?

 

As you can see above I have some planned changes but I have no idea how much should I add or remove to which measurement. For example I don’t know how much should I adjust the sloping shoulders or how much should I remove from waist on shirt, etc...

 

If you have some tip or advice about what to change on shirt and pants I would be really grateful to hear it :). 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #6632 of 6939

^ You can adjust shoulders separately on luxire? How?  All I see is a yoke width measurement. Do you know if you can adjust for forward pointing shoulders? 

post #6633 of 6939
Hello there. I had a shirt MTM. Can anyone provide some advice on what could be improved on? I appreciate the fit feedback.
 
post #6634 of 6939
Hannibal
who made this jacket for you

palodelincak
hard to tell since the pictures are so far away

sleeves are little bit baggy but they are tight in the elbow area - how to solve this? I would like to have less baggy sleeves but with more elbow room.
the sleeve is not too baggy.
if you are talking about the upper portion, it is because the slopes have not been properly adjusted for

did you tell them you had very sloping shoulders?

the shirt might be com ing out because the hips are too tight.
are you wearing a t-shirt? if yes, buy a tighter t-shirt.

the waist seems fine.

good luck gettiing the shoulders figured out from halfway around the world.
post #6635 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Am I View Post


your beard is covering the top of the collar, but it looksllike you have about an 1+ of tie space.

otherwise, what do you want to improve,
you are wearing the shirt..
you have a left low.

I don't like the bias, split yoke on this shirt. just oo much stripe
actually, i never like a bias, split yoke.

nor the horizotal button at the tail.

chest looks too full
where is this shirt from?
post #6636 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post


your beard is covering the top of the collar, but it looksllike you have about an 1+ of tie space.

otherwise, what do you want to improve,
you are wearing the shirt..
you have a left low.

I don't like the bias, split yoke on this shirt. just oo much stripe
actually, i never like a bias, split yoke.

nor the horizotal button at the tail.

chest looks too full
where is this shirt from?

Thanks for the reply.

 

There is a 0.5" tie space.

 

Appreciate the comments about the yoke, and button. It is too much stripe.

When you say I have a left low, are you meaning the left shoulder?

 

The shirt doesn't feel bad to wear. Was looking for advice primarily if anything looked off.

 

Thinking specifically:

The chest lines in the side view, are those just caused by too full a chest, or maybe the armpits need to be reduced? The arm-folded view, it seems there isn't enough fabric up top, and too much fabric at the waist and bottom? Does it look like there is too much fabric in the arms? I'm also not sure if the collar should be moved back a bit?

 

The shirt is from Luxire.

post #6637 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

Hannibal
who made this jacket for you

palodelincak
hard to tell since the pictures are so far away

sleeves are little bit baggy but they are tight in the elbow area - how to solve this? I would like to have less baggy sleeves but with more elbow room.
the sleeve is not too baggy.
if you are talking about the upper portion, it is because the slopes have not been properly adjusted for

did you tell them you had very sloping shoulders?

the shirt might be com ing out because the hips are too tight.
are you wearing a t-shirt? if yes, buy a tighter t-shirt.

the waist seems fine.

good luck gettiing the shoulders figured out from halfway around the world.

 

Thank you! 

 

So when the shoulders slope will be adjusted the sleeves will look better?

 

I did not know about sloping shoulders when this shirt was made so I did not tell them.

 

I don't wear a t-shirt under shirt. Shirt does not become untucked completely, but the fabric will ride up few centimeters and will cover the belt as in photos. So this is caused by tight hips?

post #6638 of 6939

I was sent here from my first post in the WAYWRN thread.  Can any thing done to fix the scissoring?   

 

post #6639 of 6939

Shirtmaven: It was a local tailor around where I live. Looking back at the photos they weren't taken at a good angle, makes the jacket look weird.

post #6640 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdancel View Post

I was sent here from my first post in the WAYWRN thread.  Can any thing done to fix the scissoring?   



Well, I wonder what the back looks like.
If the back is sitting perfectly, then the fix is to drop the neck point thereby adding length, but it is unlikely that there will be enough seam allowance left in a finished jacket to do so.
post #6641 of 6939

Recently bought these linen pants for summer. How would I go about fixing the creasing extra fabric in the back (as circled in the picture)?

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #6642 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalBarca View Post

Shirtmaven: It was a local tailor around where I live. Looking back at the photos they weren't taken at a good angle, makes the jacket look weird.

the shoulders are off.

why the choice of the belted back?
doesn't really work for your build.
also the very high vent is odd.
post #6643 of 6939

The choice of a belt back was because I like the style. I've got a few early 30s, 40s and 70s belt backs and I wanted to emulate the style.

I don't think the center vent is very high, I think it might be the angle the picture was taken but I could be wrong.

I re-took the back and front pictures to include my whole body. It gives better context than a close up shot of the jacket in a low angle.

 

post #6644 of 6939
Hi All, what makes some jacket center front panels stick straight out (I have on a baggy tshirt for the pic, but certainly wear a dress shirt when leaving the house)?

My guess is stiff fused material in the center front panels is the culprit in this Banana Republic cotton sport coat. What do you think? Is there any hope of reining it in?

post #6645 of 6939

Hi there,

 

Last summer I ordered an SS jacket that, at the time, seemed to fit me rather.. okay. Now, from that time I've lost a tad bit over 10kg and I figured it could perhaps be improved a bit by a decent tailor.

 

Excuse the poor quality photos - unfortunately I have no floor to ceiling mirrors nor anyone to take the pictures for me.

 

The jacket feels too long (going about an inch past the crotch of the pants) and too wide below and above the hips. Also, should I perhaps let out the sleeves a bit? 

The shoulders feel right - not too tight, not too wide. I'm most concerned about the fit of the body part of the jacket. 

Any advice on what and if I should have altered on this jacket? Tips would be greatly appreciated as this would be the first jacket I'm having tailored and to be quite honest, the place I'm from isn't very well known for our fine tailors.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions