Sometimes just moving the button is all that's needed to dial in the length. Adjust the opening (+/-) so it stops at the desired point along the wrist.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 345
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5162 of 53329/3/14 at 6:55pmpost #5163 of 53329/6/14 at 7:01am
I just picked up this suit from SuitSupply after alterations by their in-house tailoring service (which I'm starting to think was a mistake). I'm a tough fit because I'm tall and thin with long arms (6'2", ~150 lbs, 6'8" arm span). The back looks messy to me, with a triangle at the shoulders and bunching near the sleeves. Can this be fixed? Any recommendations would be very appreciated.post #5164 of 53329/6/14 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by NickInTO
I just picked up this suit from SuitSupply after alterations by their in-house tailoring service (which I'm starting to think was a mistake). I'm a tough fit because I'm tall and thin with long arms (6'2", ~150 lbs, 6'8" arm span). The back looks messy to me, with a triangle at the shoulders and bunching near the sleeves. Can this be fixed? Any recommendations would be very appreciated.
Chest and shoulders are wide but in my opinion fixing them is too much expensive for a suitsupply suit. You should try to wear with it a pull or vest in order to fill this space. Lucky sleeves and jacket lenght are perfect. Pants are good, 1 cm shorter would be perfect. Armholes are nice!post #5165 of 53329/6/14 at 9:40pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would like to get some feedback from the resident tailors regarding the pocket flare and whether it is attributed to the pants being new and requires it to be ironed, a flaw, or the cut is not a great fit on me.
I am thinking it is either 1 or 2 as the pants fit me fine IME. No pulling that I can feel or visually see across the seat, and the trousers are actually hanging off my butt (waist requires to be taken in).
Can an alteration tailor fix this?post #5166 of 53329/7/14 at 10:11ampost #5167 of 53329/8/14 at 5:01ampost #5168 of 53329/8/14 at 5:45amQuote:
Shoulders are wide but waist is tight. You need a size down but not slim fit... change model of suit, 38R drop 4 is your size.
Second problem right shoulder is lower then left shoulder... a good tailor can fix easly this problem!post #5169 of 53329/8/14 at 6:04pm
Please let me know how you think this suit fits. Im a bit underwhelmed with it right now.
I feel like its long and the arms a bit wide. the shoulders and chest are fine. I was concerned with a bit of collar gap. The chest looks clean and the lapels sit flat.
I wonder if its worth taking to the tailor to get
1) Body taken in, add shape.
2) Sleeve taper? Slight rotation?
3) Maybe shorten jacket?
4) Sleeve length
The pants also need to be tapered.
Overall, I wonder if its worth it. I want it to look like something spoo would wear in the end.
FYI this is a size 50R/40R Fit A.
Edited by magicspot - 9/8/14 at 7:25pmpost #5170 of 53329/9/14 at 6:05pmpost #5171 of 53329/10/14 at 10:30amJust had this one constructed at Suit Supply. A bit slimmer than I am normally accustomed to, and the pants are a hair shorter than I would like, maybe too tight? I got a pretty fat ass though, so could just be some motivation. Also, ignore the shirt, no other clean white shirts today -- poor fit.
Any thoughts?post #5172 of 53329/12/14 at 2:20amHere's a blazer I picked up last week. 38S when I usually wear 40S in most jackets.
Thought the arms would need shortening as they are bizarrely long for the tagged size, but what needs pst attention are the shoulders.
Got the measuring tape out once I got it home, and they are 20" across, which is huge for a 38S jacket.
So here's a photo. Arm length doesn't look as bad as I first though, but what can be done with the shoulders?
For comparison, here's a 40S Daks jacket I'm wearing today. Had the sleeves shortened on this and had thought the tailor had still left them a bit long, but looking at a photo instead of in the mirror, it's better then I'd first imagined.post #5173 of 53329/12/14 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by 1up
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Just had this one constructed at Suit Supply. A bit slimmer than I am normally accustomed to, and the pants are a hair shorter than I would like, maybe too tight? I got a pretty fat ass though, so could just be some motivation. Also, ignore the shirt, no other clean white shirts today -- poor fit.
It's about a size to small in every possible way. You should probably avoid slim fit fashion forward suits with your more athletic body type.post #5174 of 53329/12/14 at 8:37am
Waist suppression on a jacket with patch pockets ?
HI. First time post.
I guess this would be a question for tailors on the forum.
Just received a Brooks Brothers Black Fleece "Flannel Patch Pocket Jacket" as a gift.
Shoulder and length of suit seem to fit fine - will need to have sleeves shortened.
I would prefer to have a bit more waist suppression, though.
The patch pockets lie over the side seams.
My question is - from a tailoring point of view, is it possible to achieve waist suppression in a case like this without messing with the patch pockets ? Or will the patch pockets need to be disassembled and reattached after alteration to the side seams to achieve waist suppression ?
I would like a bit more technical insight before I take the jacket in to the tailor.
Would appreciate any advice or insight.
Many thanks.post #5175 of 53329/12/14 at 12:35pm
Hey all. Another novice here trying to learn about fitting and necessary alterations. After much reading on styleforum I decided to order a M2M (Black Lapel). There are a number of fitting issues with the suit received and I would appreciate feedback on what needs to be altered or what is wrong with the fit.
I know that the pants need hemmed, but outside of that there are a number of issues I need help with.
1) Back left shoulder of coat. Why is it puckering like so?
2) Sleeves at the back. Why is it not draping well?
3) Front right of coat. Why is it puckering by the arm holes.
4) Is the length of coat too short?
5) Why are the pants draping so oddly (pulling inwards at the back)?
Feel free to point out any other issues and thanks to all in advance for the education.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Drop 8 suit jacket? 15 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 9 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 9 minutes ago
- › Jual Kitchen Set Minimalis Murah 20 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses NOT owned by Luxottica 24 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 31 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 31 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...