Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 332post #4966 of 51966/7/14 at 9:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4967 of 51966/7/14 at 9:27pm
Fishtacologin, that jacket seems like it's been designed to fit differently from a traditional blazer. In my opinion the XS is too tight in the chest and shoulders, but because of the nature of it you have a bit of freedom to wear the small as it is. If you wanted a closer fit you could start with slightly taking in the waist and shortening the sleeves. Either way, I think the small is a better starting point than the XS.post #4968 of 51966/8/14 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by fishtacologin
This might be a little different from the usual posts -- but I would really appreciate some feedback on the fit of a piece of outerwear that is styled like a blazer. I originally had one in size S, but exchanged for a size XS because the S was far too long / wide through the arms and body. Now I'm worried that the shoulders on the XS are too small.
Pictures of the XS:
Close up of the shoulders:
Older pictures of the S:
If the XS is too small, how -- if it is possible -- could I tailor the S to fit better? The jacket is a Barbour Commander.
I think Barbour has their own tailoring and repair service. You'd probably want to go to them for this.post #4969 of 51966/8/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
The waistband curtain inside the trouser must be opened by releasing the tacks and then the blindstitch underneath. This will allow access to the seam where the waistband is physically sewn to the trouser body. From there, the belt loops can be removed and then the hole can be resewn. The entire waistband does not need to come off. This is a little bit of a job but not as much as actually installing the belt loops so make sure you definitely want it done before you do it.post #4970 of 51966/8/14 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by OTCtailor
The waistband curtain inside the trouser must be opened by releasing the tacks and then the blindstitch underneath. This will allow access to the seam where the waistband is physically sewn to the trouser body. From there, the belt loops can be removed and then the hole can be resewn. The entire waistband does not need to come off. This is a little bit of a job but not as much as actually installing the belt loops so make sure you definitely want it done before you do it.
Thank you, that's not as bad I had feared! I have some extra fabric that I intend on making into side adjusters, and if that turns out well I'm planning on removing the belt loops and stitching on the side adjusters instead.post #4971 of 51966/8/14 at 10:48pmAnd that would def be the time to do it. If you need buckles, shoot me a pm and I'll send you some.
I have side adjusters made for almost every suit I sell even if the client is wearing a belt. Got a ton of them laying around. Heck...chances are I have entire sets of side adjusters already made if its a common fabric.post #4972 of 51966/10/14 at 8:57ampost #4973 of 51966/10/14 at 10:44ampost #4974 of 51966/10/14 at 2:57pmpost #4975 of 51966/11/14 at 6:50am
This is a Kent Wang trial suit. I’ve seen many excellent results from KW, but as this is my first suit with them I thought it would be wise to get a second opinion to ensure the best outcome. Please let me know what changes you would suggest for the MTM version (aside from shortening the sleeves and inseam). Thank you in advance for any direction you could provide.I’m generally happy with the front, but would you say that it is bordering on too short? I was thinking about asking for 2cm more length, and then lowering the buttoning point the same as a matter of preference. I’ve studied this thread a little bit, and think I may have a low shoulder, but I’d elect for the soft padding unless my shoulders are too imbalanced for it in your estimation.
The shoulders feel slightly snug and I get a hint of dimpling – does this indicate that they are not quite wide enough? The sleeves also gather around the deltoid. Is this related to the height of the armhole?
Shoulders and Arms (Click to show)I suspect the bump below the collar relates to the dimpling of the shoulders – should this be widened a cm or so from the center seam? How would I clean up the area between the upper back and arm pits? Is it simply too much fabric? You can see the deltoid gathering I mentioned earlier best in this angle.
The waist is roomy, yet the pockets flare a tiny bit. Should the seat be let out a cm or so? Should we lower the rear rise to smooth the line from my behind to the knees, or is that caused by a different issue? As a matter of preference, I am increasing the front rise a touch and the leg opening a fair bit so that they may fall more cleanly over my shoes. As they sit now, the excess fabric tucked underneath makes me appear bow-legged.
post #4976 of 51966/11/14 at 6:52ampost #4977 of 51966/12/14 at 4:08pmpost #4978 of 51966/12/14 at 5:15pmI just received this from suit supply. Needs a little pressing near the bottom. It's a Lazio fit in 38R. It's the best fitting off the rack suit I've ever tried and as you can tell, it needs work.I have a lot of anterior pelvic tilt, and I'm assuming weird shoulder slope. This is my best fitting jacket in the shoulders and it still has the rumples in the back. If I force my back straight, all the wrinkles in the back disappear, but I can't do that for more than 5 seconds. Can a tailor make this jacket drape properly in the back? Any other suggestions? Thanks.post #4979 of 51966/13/14 at 5:18amQuote:You probably need to let out the back, which is too tight at the moment.Originally Posted by Yaniel
I just received this from suit supply. Needs a little pressing near the bottom. It's a Lazio fit in 38R. It's the best fitting off the rack suit I've ever tried and as you can tell, it needs work.I have a lot of anterior pelvic tilt, and I'm assuming weird shoulder slope. This is my best fitting jacket in the shoulders and it still has the rumples in the back. If I force my back straight, all the wrinkles in the back disappear, but I can't do that for more than 5 seconds. Can a tailor make this jacket drape properly in the back? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › legally buy zoloft online, cod zoloft no prescription next day... 31 seconds ago
- › TV>>Fulham vs Blackburn Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 54 seconds ago
- › TV>>Leeds United vs Huddersfield Town Live stream Sky Bet... 1 minute ago
- › BNIB Herring shoes sz 7.5G Made in England 2 minutes ago
- › Buy Keflex No Prescription Required. I Want To Order Keflex Online,... 2 minutes ago
- › TV>>Wolves vs Bolton Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Buy Valium Without Prescription 3 minutes ago
- › TV>>Norwich vs Birmingha Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)