Could I can some help on whether this would work...after alterations? Does it look like it's one size big?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 305post #4561 of 51002/24/14 at 8:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4562 of 51002/24/14 at 10:45ampost #4563 of 51002/24/14 at 2:55pm
Quick question on an adjustment im going to make on my next Kent Wang suit. I feel the armhole is just a touch too big. I also feel the bicep can be taken in a touch also. My question is this. If i take in the armhole will it slim up the bicep too? Im only thinking of taking each in .5cm. SHould i just do the armhole or is it pretty safe to do both since im only taking in the smallest amount.
Thanks for you helppost #4564 of 51002/24/14 at 8:01pmpost #4565 of 51002/25/14 at 3:22pmpost #4566 of 51002/25/14 at 11:43pmpost #4567 of 51002/26/14 at 3:16pmNeed some sizing help. I wear 42R / 52 European in Suitsupply, all cuts, Lazio, Sienna, London, Havana. But I just tried a 42R in Washington and it was simply too tight. Not just the chest, but also arms. Usually a 42R requires no alterations for me, other than the pants.
So I sized up to 44R and while it looks good overall, I'm concerned that the shoulders might be too big. I took some photos and I was wondering if you can provide some feedback.
Thank you.post #4568 of 51002/27/14 at 5:39ampost #4569 of 51002/27/14 at 8:33amHi Guys. So here is my first attempt at suitsupply, at I'm pleasantly suprised. My problem with OTR (and even the M2M option I went with) are the length of my suits being too long and shoulder width as my shoulders are not very big.
This is the Napoli 40S. I bought the 40R in the same suit and I feel that it is too long, but the length of the short seems more appropriate.
I understand the shirt collar makes things a little off and I can't really tell if the shoulder fits on this. But what do you guys think overall?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #4570 of 51002/28/14 at 11:49pmMy first suit - Napoli 38R from Suitsupply. I tried a 36R but the jacket was too small around the waist and hips, causing 'caving in' at the lower back, and I couldn't even zip up the pants. Though I felt the shoulders on the 36R were more closely fitting than this 38R, the difference is not that much. Do the shoulders and chest look ok?
Also, I'm aware I have a low right shoulder causing the wrinkling on the right side of my back - how do I go about asking a tailor to fix this?
I also have quite well developed quads, and my knees aren't perfectly straight (been like that since I was a kid), making it difficult to achieve a clean line in the leg. You can see, in the 4th photo, when I bend my leg at the knee the pant leg does something funky in response to the shape of my leg. Is there anything that I can ask a tailor to do accommodate this, or to improve the fit of the pants generally?
Forgive my crappy tie knot, haven't worn a tie since high school.
Thanks for any suggestions you guys can offer.post #4571 of 51003/3/14 at 8:54am
Hi, I'd like to get some feedback on this Modern Tailor shirt before I place a big order. There are 2 issues that I can currently see:
1) There is a fold happening on the chest right near the underarm area.
2) The shirt rolls up behind the neck
These pics kind of suck but I'm hoping they show enough to get some feedback.post #4572 of 51003/3/14 at 4:04pmpost #4573 of 51003/3/14 at 9:36pmpost #4574 of 51003/3/14 at 9:50pm
Indeed. That is a very, very well fitting jacket for OTR. Only issues I see are some slight wrinkling on the backs of the upper sleeves (pitch issue, perhaps?) and some wrinkling in the lower back area. The latter might be alleviated by letting out the waist a touch.
If this was a suit jacket, I'd say it's slightly too short, but the length is probably fine for a sport coat. And to get really nitpicky, the button stance is a little high for my taste. But overall, nice.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 48 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)