or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 269

post #4021 of 5092
Waist is overworked. Release the waist suppression to make the back part over the hips lay more natural. Shape the front parts only to look tapered at the waist.

You have collar roll issue because of your prominent shoulder blades. Left blade more prominent than right and right low shoulder
post #4022 of 5092

Thanks Despos.  I had the tailor pinch in the sides a bit, I guess they overdid it.  I'll bring it back to them and have them release it to correct the problem. 

post #4023 of 5092

Hi,

 

I ordered a few made-to-measure shirts from offshore. I like the fit, but all of the shirts have a similar issue:  the fabric bunches up in the back near the shoulder arm holes.

 

I've worn other shirts, some of them much larger/looser and none of them seem to bunch up like this. I'm not sure if it's the company's shirt construction or maybe I'm giving them wrong measurements. I ordered the shirt relaxed in the chest so I can easily move my arms. I also told them to reduce the size of the arm bicep by an inch.

 

What will get rid of the back shoulder bunching? Reduce the yolk by an inch? Reduce chest measurement? Add back side pleats?

 

Link to gallery with all pictures. Please advise. Thank you!

 

 

 

post #4024 of 5092

sorry double post

post #4025 of 5092

Hi guys. Can someone tell me if my jacket is too short? If it is, is it still "acceptable"? (This is the best OTR I could find)

 

 

post #4026 of 5092


Hey guys, not a great foto but how do the shoulders look on this? Only siZe left, deep discount. Try sat maybe less than half an inch off my shoulder.
post #4027 of 5092
post #4028 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post
 

Sleeves too short, not enough waist suppression. Your shoulders aren't broad enough to support this jacket in it's current state.

 

I wouldn't.


Cheers mate. I felt the same. Sleeves were actually too long though -- i rolled them up a bit to see what they would look like. Not working button holes so was just going to get the sleeves taken up. I like them at the length pictured.


Agree on the shoulders though.

post #4029 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichink View Post
 

Thanks for the replies, here is a shot of just the back.  First picture the jacket is buttoned, second picture the jacket is not buttoned. 

 

 

 

The half back is way too small which means the coat is too small.  You can ask your tailor to let it out but I doubt there is enough fabric left to let it out as much as you need. I can't tell if you truly have a collar roll or if it's puling across your back from being too tight.  If you do have a collar roll your tailor can lower the collar and that will take care of that.  You may have forward pitch shoulders which can also cause the problems you're having with this coat. If you feel a lot of pressure in the front of your shoulders points it's a good indication of forward pitch. You may be swayback which is causing the coat to hug the small of your back.  I know I've said a lot but wanted to give you as much info as possible and it's hard to determine exactly whats wrong from pics.  Good Luck

post #4030 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukejackson View Post



Hey guys, not a great foto but how do the shoulders look on this? Only siZe left, deep discount. Try sat maybe less than half an inch off my shoulder.

That's a pretty casual jacket...I think the shoulders are fine. There is not indentation below the point to point which would indicate it being too short. I also think the sleeves are fine where you have them...does the jacket feel snug in the overarm area?  If is feels comfortable than the pt to pt is good

post #4031 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknighttt View Post
 

Hi guys. Can someone tell me if my jacket is too short? If it is, is it still "acceptable"? (This is the best OTR I could find)

 

 

I'd say it's a little short but acceptable.  If you're going for the skinny suit young mans suit look it might be even too long but if your going for a traditional look I'd say a little short but again I think it's ok to wear.

post #4032 of 5092

Hey all,

 

This is a MTM suit I just got and wanted an opinion on the upper back area. There are horizontal wrinkles between the shoulder blades.They said that the wrinkles are caused by collar roll but I thought it was because the shoulders of the jacket are too small for me so the fabric is stretching.

 

Would a collar tuck fix this? Or do the shoulders have to be let out?

 

post #4033 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by shendo View Post
 

Hey all,

 

This is a MTM suit I just got and wanted an opinion on the upper back area. There are horizontal wrinkles between the shoulder blades.They said that the wrinkles are caused by collar roll but I thought it was because the shoulders of the jacket are too small for me so the fabric is stretching.

 

Would a collar tuck fix this? Or do the shoulders have to be let out?

 

There is no collar roll.  Looks like you have a low left shoulder which is causing the extra fabric under your left arm. Also needs more room in the half back.  I think the shoulders or Point to Point is too short,,nothing you can do about that. 

post #4034 of 5092

Hey.  Noob here.  Just got a "tailored" fit suit from black lapel.  I feel like it's a bit too fashion forward for my taste.  I usually prefer a slightly conservative look.  What is the forum's opinion on fit?  Is it too fitted?

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #4035 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McKee View Post
 

There is no collar roll.  Looks like you have a low left shoulder which is causing the extra fabric under your left arm. Also needs more room in the half back.  I think the shoulders or Point to Point is too short,,nothing you can do about that. 

 

Thanks for confirming what I suspected, that it's not collar roll.

 

Could you explain what you mean by "half back"?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions