Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 9:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 265post #3962 of 665510/3/13 at 8:47am
I Just have my second fitting today and in looks much better. Still could use some improvement tough. Please ignore the bad tie
It looks like I really could use fuller upper arm. The lower back is still a mess but tailor said ironing will solve it. is this true? How about the pants? is the taper too much?
Edited by renji - 10/3/13 at 8:57ampost #3963 of 665510/4/13 at 6:22pmpost #3964 of 665510/4/13 at 6:55pmpost #3965 of 665510/4/13 at 7:03pmYou need to size up or find a different cut. The front is too tight, but there's probably not enough material to let out in the crotch.
Bad case of gaping pockets
See this writeup
http://www.styleforum.net/t/315238/gaping-pockets/0_50post #3966 of 665510/5/13 at 12:11pm
hmmm, could i get a second opinion? i would have said i need to shorten the rise in the pants and pull them up from the waistband in the back so they hang off my waist and not just collapse around my thighs/calves. the jacket fabric collapses in between my shoulder blades in the upper back and needs to get shortened from the collar. am i really being too neurotic about the fit?post #3967 of 665510/6/13 at 12:45amThis is my first MTM suit from ProperSuit. It came out not as well as I expected, but I would appreciate any specific comments or advice. Someone suggested I post in this thread to get a professional opinion.
Also curious about what is going on with the strange lines on the pants and how can that be fixed.
Please click the spoiler link to see more pictures
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thankspost #3968 of 665510/6/13 at 3:08am
Here's a Tom Ford suit I bought recently. Material is a wool/silk/linen blend. Colour is actually a dark charcoal, just looks brown in these shots, which are heavily post-processed due to poor lighting.
I would like some advice about jacket sleeve length (plus any other observations our resident tailors may care to make).
A couple of my own observations:
- It's a typical Tom Ford cut, probably not to everyone's taste, but I like it.
- the crease at the right upper back, below the shoulder, was from the jacket being compressed in the wardrobe. It follows the line of the shoulder pad. Maybe there's a bit too much material across the upper back? Minor issue, the crease is usually not there.
- you can see particularly in the second shot, that I have a mid-thoracic spinal kyphosis (due to teenage Scheuermann's Disease, confirmed on lateral chest X-ray). In order to keep my head up, I have to throw my stomach forward. Not much I can do about that. I mention it for the sake of completeness.
My most pressing issue is the sleeves - I think they are too long. But there is only 4cm between the sleeve edge and the base of the first button. Could I have them shortened a little, say 1.5cm taken from the end, or would this (a) make the buttons too close to the sleeve edge, (b) throw out the balance of the suit? If OTOH I have them shortened at the top, isn't this both a much bigger and much riskier undertaking?
Thanks for your collective feedback.post #3969 of 665510/6/13 at 4:09amThe sleeves need shortening 1/2" to 3/4", this will reduce the space from hem of the sleeve to the buttonhole but that is all you can do. You cannot shorten the sleeve from the top because of the plaid pattern in the cloth. You will lose the horizontal pattern matching in the upper sleeve which is a no- no.post #3970 of 665510/6/13 at 6:07pmpost #3971 of 665510/6/13 at 6:47pmShortening the sleeves won't have any negative effects on the proportions of the garment. The upper back has some fullness but not a major issue. The lines from the fullness are horizontal so it is just extra room. If they were diagonal, it would be more of a fit issue. The overall length of the jacket is fine. I am impressed with how well the jacket is balanced for your posture.post #3972 of 665510/6/13 at 6:58pm
Thanks again. You'll be even more impressed when I tell you that this is an OTR suit which has had no alterations at all! Just sheer, blind good luck that it fits me so well given my stoop, and especially seeing as I picked it up for half price!
Based on the above, I will go ahead and have the sleeves shortened a little. I think I can get away with taking them up by 1.5cm, leaving 2.5cm (= 1") length from new edge to first button.post #3973 of 665510/6/13 at 7:07pmpost #3974 of 665510/6/13 at 7:10pmpost #3975 of 665510/6/13 at 7:12pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 54 seconds ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THIS SHOES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet by New England Wheat Flannel shirt - Size Medium 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding