last bump. hoping someone can actually tell me the issue here
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?
Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- the-basics-of-wedding-attireLast edited: 9/16/11
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 251
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3752 of 47588/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #3753 of 47588/14/13 at 7:43pmpost #3754 of 47588/15/13 at 7:30amI ordered a 3 piece navy suit off of black lapel. I received it a couple of weeks ago and finally got some pictures. Overall, I was surprised at how close it came for the first one and multiple measurements with my friend (who wasn't the best at measuring). I have a few thoughts and will post them below, but wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts. The shirt is a Proper Cloth and the vest BL made fit well.
- I think the jacket is a little long
- I think the sleeves are either a little too long or my shirt sleeves are too long (I know this is an easy fix)
- I think the shoulders are a little wide, they protude ever so much from the edge of mine
- I think the collar does not fit as snug behind my neck as it should, they made it for "erect posture" because my shoulders sit forward from my neck, maybe the regular is correct
- Something's up with the pants, they taper too much at the ankle
Overall, this is their slim fit (slimmest option), I was hesitant to order it but they recommended it for me. The pants had a hard time getting around my shoes.
I sent these to Black Lapel, and they advised me to have my tailor make the corrections. They think I should have him shorten the jacket by an inch, taper the sleeves and take them up slightly, take it in around the hips, shorten my pants. They admitted the shoulders looked slightly wide but nothing too big. I wasn't too happy with that reply, as I know my tailor is a) expensive (this would cost way over the $75 allotted) and b) shortening a jacket at a tailor is a bad idea. I've heard great things about the service so I'd imagine they would remake if I requested.
Thanks for your feedback guys. This is my first "big" suit purchase, so want to get it as close to perfect as possible.
Wadepost #3755 of 47588/15/13 at 8:13ampost #3756 of 47588/15/13 at 8:48am
I'm having an expensive tailor made jacket made by internet order, and they sent me a sample to check if the fit is ok before they make it. I think the arm holes are too big because it pulls whenever I move the arms (am I right?), but other stuff may need changing too. What should I ask them to change?post #3757 of 47588/15/13 at 8:50amI agree, my brother thinks he's a professional photographer and takes them his way. Given that I am a busy, single man, it's near impossible to get someone to take pictures of you in a 3 piece suit too often. I'm hoping the pictures I have can give some general ideas. I've added some with just the vest below.
Any comments are appreciated.post #3758 of 47588/16/13 at 9:41pmpost #3759 of 47588/17/13 at 8:58ampost #3760 of 47588/17/13 at 12:51pmpost #3761 of 47588/17/13 at 12:53pmpost #3762 of 47588/17/13 at 9:29pmHello, all. This is my first foray into the tailor thread(s), so i hope you will excuse me if I commit a faux pas or two, and I hope you will be kind.
I recently picked up this Isaia for Saks secondhand. It is quite obviously too big: I am a solid 42R US and this is a 54R EU. My question is whether there is so much needed here to get it workable that it doesnt make sense to try. Obviously the sleeves and inseam are easy fixes (I planned to get trou cuffs anyway). I should probably have the trou slimmed. But what I'm really here for is to find out if the jacket can be nipped in enough to look decent. Also, does it seem short, or is that just the current sensibility?
Sorry about the lighting. I tried a room with brighter walls, but the flash kept washing out.
And here I have roughly pinned it in the back to get some waist suppression. I had pinched at least two inches of material.
For comparison, here is a well fitting (I think) jacket from earlier in the week.
Thanks in advance for your input.post #3763 of 47588/17/13 at 11:03pmHey G. I love seeing your fits in the MC threads. I'm not a tailor but let me help you out real quick. The pictures need to be taken in either better lighting or natural lighting. And they need to be at your chest. If my girlfriend takes my pictures and they're at her chest, they look like yours and no suggestions are plausible with that kind of view. Just an example. But they need to be at your chest, these are about crotch level. Your pictures are pretty good in the morning when you post. I'd say wait and take them outside.post #3764 of 47588/17/13 at 11:24pm
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Recent Purchases 6 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 8 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 18 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 48 seconds ago
- › YSL Driving Shoes Size 43 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › SELL VISA MASTER CARD PAYPAL 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Finamore Light Blue Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.5 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw