last bump. hoping someone can actually tell me the issue here
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 251
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3752 of 55668/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #3753 of 55668/14/13 at 7:43pmpost #3754 of 55668/15/13 at 7:30amI ordered a 3 piece navy suit off of black lapel. I received it a couple of weeks ago and finally got some pictures. Overall, I was surprised at how close it came for the first one and multiple measurements with my friend (who wasn't the best at measuring). I have a few thoughts and will post them below, but wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts. The shirt is a Proper Cloth and the vest BL made fit well.
- I think the jacket is a little long
- I think the sleeves are either a little too long or my shirt sleeves are too long (I know this is an easy fix)
- I think the shoulders are a little wide, they protude ever so much from the edge of mine
- I think the collar does not fit as snug behind my neck as it should, they made it for "erect posture" because my shoulders sit forward from my neck, maybe the regular is correct
- Something's up with the pants, they taper too much at the ankle
Overall, this is their slim fit (slimmest option), I was hesitant to order it but they recommended it for me. The pants had a hard time getting around my shoes.
I sent these to Black Lapel, and they advised me to have my tailor make the corrections. They think I should have him shorten the jacket by an inch, taper the sleeves and take them up slightly, take it in around the hips, shorten my pants. They admitted the shoulders looked slightly wide but nothing too big. I wasn't too happy with that reply, as I know my tailor is a) expensive (this would cost way over the $75 allotted) and b) shortening a jacket at a tailor is a bad idea. I've heard great things about the service so I'd imagine they would remake if I requested.
Thanks for your feedback guys. This is my first "big" suit purchase, so want to get it as close to perfect as possible.
Wadepost #3755 of 55668/15/13 at 8:13ampost #3756 of 55668/15/13 at 8:48am
I'm having an expensive tailor made jacket made by internet order, and they sent me a sample to check if the fit is ok before they make it. I think the arm holes are too big because it pulls whenever I move the arms (am I right?), but other stuff may need changing too. What should I ask them to change?post #3757 of 55668/15/13 at 8:50amI agree, my brother thinks he's a professional photographer and takes them his way. Given that I am a busy, single man, it's near impossible to get someone to take pictures of you in a 3 piece suit too often. I'm hoping the pictures I have can give some general ideas. I've added some with just the vest below.
Any comments are appreciated.post #3758 of 55668/16/13 at 9:41pmpost #3759 of 55668/17/13 at 8:58ampost #3760 of 55668/17/13 at 12:51pmpost #3761 of 55668/17/13 at 12:53pmpost #3762 of 55668/17/13 at 9:29pmHello, all. This is my first foray into the tailor thread(s), so i hope you will excuse me if I commit a faux pas or two, and I hope you will be kind.
I recently picked up this Isaia for Saks secondhand. It is quite obviously too big: I am a solid 42R US and this is a 54R EU. My question is whether there is so much needed here to get it workable that it doesnt make sense to try. Obviously the sleeves and inseam are easy fixes (I planned to get trou cuffs anyway). I should probably have the trou slimmed. But what I'm really here for is to find out if the jacket can be nipped in enough to look decent. Also, does it seem short, or is that just the current sensibility?
Sorry about the lighting. I tried a room with brighter walls, but the flash kept washing out.
And here I have roughly pinned it in the back to get some waist suppression. I had pinched at least two inches of material.
For comparison, here is a well fitting (I think) jacket from earlier in the week.
Thanks in advance for your input.post #3763 of 55668/17/13 at 11:03pmHey G. I love seeing your fits in the MC threads. I'm not a tailor but let me help you out real quick. The pictures need to be taken in either better lighting or natural lighting. And they need to be at your chest. If my girlfriend takes my pictures and they're at her chest, they look like yours and no suggestions are plausible with that kind of view. Just an example. But they need to be at your chest, these are about crotch level. Your pictures are pretty good in the morning when you post. I'd say wait and take them outside.post #3764 of 55668/17/13 at 11:24pm
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 29 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 40 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in joining me in a bulk order of 13" Tailors'... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE March 6th - SHOW US YOUR ODD WAISTCOAT 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...