last bump. hoping someone can actually tell me the issue here
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 251post #3752 of 70168/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #3753 of 70168/14/13 at 7:43pmpost #3754 of 70168/15/13 at 7:30amI ordered a 3 piece navy suit off of black lapel. I received it a couple of weeks ago and finally got some pictures. Overall, I was surprised at how close it came for the first one and multiple measurements with my friend (who wasn't the best at measuring). I have a few thoughts and will post them below, but wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts. The shirt is a Proper Cloth and the vest BL made fit well.
- I think the jacket is a little long
- I think the sleeves are either a little too long or my shirt sleeves are too long (I know this is an easy fix)
- I think the shoulders are a little wide, they protude ever so much from the edge of mine
- I think the collar does not fit as snug behind my neck as it should, they made it for "erect posture" because my shoulders sit forward from my neck, maybe the regular is correct
- Something's up with the pants, they taper too much at the ankle
Overall, this is their slim fit (slimmest option), I was hesitant to order it but they recommended it for me. The pants had a hard time getting around my shoes.
I sent these to Black Lapel, and they advised me to have my tailor make the corrections. They think I should have him shorten the jacket by an inch, taper the sleeves and take them up slightly, take it in around the hips, shorten my pants. They admitted the shoulders looked slightly wide but nothing too big. I wasn't too happy with that reply, as I know my tailor is a) expensive (this would cost way over the $75 allotted) and b) shortening a jacket at a tailor is a bad idea. I've heard great things about the service so I'd imagine they would remake if I requested.
Thanks for your feedback guys. This is my first "big" suit purchase, so want to get it as close to perfect as possible.
Wadepost #3755 of 70168/15/13 at 8:13ampost #3756 of 70168/15/13 at 8:48am
I'm having an expensive tailor made jacket made by internet order, and they sent me a sample to check if the fit is ok before they make it. I think the arm holes are too big because it pulls whenever I move the arms (am I right?), but other stuff may need changing too. What should I ask them to change?post #3757 of 70168/15/13 at 8:50amI agree, my brother thinks he's a professional photographer and takes them his way. Given that I am a busy, single man, it's near impossible to get someone to take pictures of you in a 3 piece suit too often. I'm hoping the pictures I have can give some general ideas. I've added some with just the vest below.
Any comments are appreciated.post #3758 of 70168/16/13 at 9:41pmpost #3759 of 70168/17/13 at 8:58ampost #3760 of 70168/17/13 at 12:51pmpost #3761 of 70168/17/13 at 12:53pmpost #3762 of 70168/17/13 at 9:29pmHello, all. This is my first foray into the tailor thread(s), so i hope you will excuse me if I commit a faux pas or two, and I hope you will be kind.
I recently picked up this Isaia for Saks secondhand. It is quite obviously too big: I am a solid 42R US and this is a 54R EU. My question is whether there is so much needed here to get it workable that it doesnt make sense to try. Obviously the sleeves and inseam are easy fixes (I planned to get trou cuffs anyway). I should probably have the trou slimmed. But what I'm really here for is to find out if the jacket can be nipped in enough to look decent. Also, does it seem short, or is that just the current sensibility?
Sorry about the lighting. I tried a room with brighter walls, but the flash kept washing out.
And here I have roughly pinned it in the back to get some waist suppression. I had pinched at least two inches of material.
For comparison, here is a well fitting (I think) jacket from earlier in the week.
Thanks in advance for your input.post #3763 of 70168/17/13 at 11:03pmHey G. I love seeing your fits in the MC threads. I'm not a tailor but let me help you out real quick. The pictures need to be taken in either better lighting or natural lighting. And they need to be at your chest. If my girlfriend takes my pictures and they're at her chest, they look like yours and no suggestions are plausible with that kind of view. Just an example. But they need to be at your chest, these are about crotch level. Your pictures are pretty good in the morning when you post. I'd say wait and take them outside.post #3764 of 70168/17/13 at 11:24pmpost #3765 of 70168/18/13 at 8:26am
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › My taste exceeds my budget, but I need a good fit 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 44 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for RL cordovan loafers 11d 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway