or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 211

post #3151 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

Well,you certainly have some musculature to you.Glad you are not another one of the liars speaking about their ';athletic' build.And agreed about your shoulders pitching forward even from first pics. Still would like to see narrower shoulder jacket on you. Just a more perpendicular drop of the armhole would help as I said before. I just think you are creating too much of a top heavy look. Note, I have somewhat similar issues. Here is a crude pic with juvenile painting(only have a mouse,ugh).
As for your shirt, I actually think it is too fitted. A bit grabby right below your pecs and around to the sides.



Thanks gambit. Today's my tailor is coming to make some extra adjustments to this jacket, I would liked to see a tailor response on weather it could be shortened 1" or not, so I'll have to talk that with him. Also I will talk this that you commented me. Thanks again!
post #3152 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Thanks gambit. Today's my tailor is coming to make some extra adjustments to this jacket, I would liked to see a tailor response on weather it could be shortened 1" or not, so I'll have to talk that with him. Also I will talk this that you commented me. Thanks again!

You can shorten it 1". No more
post #3153 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCtailor View Post

You can shorten it 1". No more

Thanks OTC, it's going to be shorten by 0.5".
post #3154 of 5198

Is it possible to fix the problem in the unfortunately bad picture? I would describe it as a result of excess material connected to the bottom of the armhole and under it.

 

post #3155 of 5198
Hi,

Newbie here. Thanks in advance!

photo.png
post #3156 of 5198

Hey guys, as I promised, here are some better quality pictures. I hope this helps and please help me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedStyleHelp View Post

I've been waiting to make this post for awhile now.

 

Looking to get some great advice from everyone here.

 

The first suit I'm going to post (grey Canali suit) I would like to know about what alterations I should consider in the jacket. I know the sleeves for sure, and am thinking about taking it in a bit. Any thoughts? I am also contemplating putting on a ticket pocket.

 

As for the pants, I obviously need them hemmed (they are just rolled up for the moment), I am thinking of doing a 2 inch cuff with little to no break. Thoughts?

 

For the second suit (blue suit) I am looking for suggestions on the jacket. It is not a great suit (Calvin Klein, before I found Styleforum), but I still think it likes good, and warrants a better fit. 

 

Any additional suggestions would be much appreciated.

 

Cheers.

 

Grey Canali Suit:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blue CK suit:

 

 

 

 

 

post #3157 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post

Is it possible to fix the problem in the unfortunately bad picture? I would describe it as a result of excess material connected to the bottom of the armhole and under it.

 

This is either from sloping shoulders causing the cloth to collapse or it's from prominent chest. Does the fold of cloth go diagonal under your arm connecting to a similar fold under your blade? Is it just on one side or both?

post #3158 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboy718727 View Post

Hi,

Newbie here. Thanks in advance!

photo.png

since you're a newbie, try going back and reading the very first post on how to post proper pics. Other than that, what is very obvious about your jacket is the sleeves are too short.

It's all we can tell without better pics.

post #3159 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedStyleHelp View Post

Hey guys, as I promised, here are some better quality pictures. I hope this helps and please help me :)

sleeve shortening and waist suppression on the canali. Would avoid the cuff unless your style confidence is there. You look a little short for a cuff that high. This is purely based on proportions, though. I agree with little to no break, though.

 

On the CK, looks like the sleeves could be lengthened a bit and the pants could be hemmed to no break as well. 

post #3160 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedStyleHelp View Post

Hey guys, as I promised, here are some better quality pictures. I hope this helps and please help me :)

And start saving for good MTM...

You have a very broad full back with prominent blades along with strong standing erect posture. You are an alterations tailor's nightmare and you will almost always have a hard time fitting into OTR 

post #3161 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Hello all,

New suit, first time of wearing since receipt.  Please excuse the rough shots.  They were about the best I could do given that I'm running solo.  Please also note that the shirt has not yet been washed or ironed, and I expect it will sit a little better under my sleeves once it's been through that process.

As far as the suit goes, I had initially donned it for this purpose as I thought it looked a little too boxy.  I now think there's a few other issues such as leg length and too much material around my legs.  And I can't quite put my finger on it but the jacket doesn't look quite right to me.  And the suit has never been cleaned or pressed.

I'm standing a little awkwardly too.  My apologies.  I often look like I've got a stick up my bum.  I hope I relax once the camera's gone.  And I hope you can get what you need out of these photos to give me some direction on what if anything needs to change.

The fabric is Scabal Super 130's.

Oh and the pocket square is pretty rough as I've never used one before.  I hope it didn't puff the chest out too much.

Please critique away.

Cheers.


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark
Please pardon the gratuitous bump. I'm really keen to hear people's thoughts. For what it's worth, I sent this back to the tailor for adjustment and it seems to fit much better now. The shoulders look more natural, there is less bunching behind the arms, and the trousers are a little less full. Unfortunately however, I have no photos available. But if anyone is willing to spare a moment I would love to hear your comments.
post #3162 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCtailor View Post

sleeve shortening and waist suppression on the canali. Would avoid the cuff unless your style confidence is there. You look a little short for a cuff that high. This is purely based on proportions, though. I agree with little to no break, though.

 

On the CK, looks like the sleeves could be lengthened a bit and the pants could be hemmed to no break as well. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCtailor View Post

And start saving for good MTM...

You have a very broad full back with prominent blades along with strong standing erect posture. You are an alterations tailor's nightmare and you will almost always have a hard time fitting into OTR 

 

Thank you for the response OTCtailor. For reference, I am 5'8". What would an appropriate cuff height be, in your opinion?

Are there any other glaring alterations that I should focus on that could fix the back of the jacket in either the Canali or CK?


Much appreciated, I'm always happy to learn.

post #3163 of 5198
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCtailor View Post

This is either from sloping shoulders causing the cloth to collapse or it's from prominent chest. Does the fold of cloth go diagonal under your arm connecting to a similar fold under your blade? Is it just on one side or both?


Thank you for replying! I do have slightly sloping shoulders and prominent chest. But I'd say that the chest on the jacket is slightly too big, 1cm on the right and ½cm on the left (asymmetrical chect, barley noticeable  folding on the left).The fold does not connect to a similar fold on the back, but it goes diagonally. Is it possible for a tailor to reduce the chest?  

post #3164 of 5198
Hello once again and thank you for the help. I've taken new pictures and hopefully these new ones are acceptable. Please don't mind the iPhone adds on some of the pictures.

IMG_0517.png
IMG_0518.png
IMG_0519.png

IMG_0520.png
IMG_0521.png
IMG_0522.png
post #3165 of 5198

Hi there, I recently got this suit and was wondering how the fit was. Obviously the pants need to be hemmed, but I was also wondering what other alternations may have to be done. I am no expert in fit, but to a normal joe blow like me the suit looks like it fits fine.

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions