Ok... just got my Indochino suit. Thoughts for the remake?
Jacket left side:
Jacket right side:
Here's what I've noticed on the jacket:
1. Decrease shoulders ~0.25”
2. Account for dropped right shoulder
3. Lower the button stance 1.0”
4. Shorten left sleeve 0.25” since my right arm is longer than my left (FYI my shirt sleeves are too long in the picture. Normally the cuff wouldn’t show on the left sleeve).
5. Increase waist by ~1” as it was tight in the waist and also causing the vent to flare.
6. Any other suggestions for fixing the vent flare?
7. Decrease chest about an inch to reduce excess fabric in front and back
8. Make adjustment for slight collar roll
9. Any other advice?
For the pants, I’m not really sure how to fix them. As you can see, the pockets are flaring out and there’s weird horizontal streaking at the side. I’m pretty sure this isn’t being cause by tightness in the front because unbuttoning and unzipping the pants did not fix this.
It could possibly be too tight in the back, but the J Crew pants I have (see previous post) only slightly have this issue and are at least 1.5” smaller at the hips. Could it also be the pocket construction? If it’s caused by tightness in the back, the problem with just increasing the hips measurement is that then the pants just flare out at the hips anyway due to excess fabric in the front (see the Black Lapel suit in my previous post). It’s almost like I just need extra fabric in the back half of the pants while keeping the same seam to seam width in the front. Any advice for someone with a small waist and larger hips and seat would be appreciated… (30” waist, 37.5” hips).
Also, below is my post from last week with my Black Lapel suit, and I'd be grateful for feedback on that one and just general advice on fitting my non-optimally-proportioned body.
I will message you later with a little more specific help.