or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 175

post #2611 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Gentlemen, after the failed attempt with Indochino, I went to Suitsupply and tried their MTM program. This is the outcome. Can I get your inputs please? Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is an OTR jacket also from Suitsupply:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last and probably the worst-fitting is an OTR Brooks Brothers jacket. I think the shoulder is more sloped than mine shoulder (forgive my lack of technical terms) Is the jacket fixable?

 

 

 

 

 

First off, these pics aren't bad and should be the bare minimum of what is posted. Just saying...

Also, nice shoes.

The first jacket looks pretty clean. Upon closer inspection, the back balance may be a little long. Worth having it checked.

The pants may need to have the back rise/stride checked to clean them up back there. Total length may be a little long, too.

Second jacket is too tight in waist and seat.

Third jacket is too long in back balance and needs to be cleaned up in the back.

So far, I've seen better results with suitsupply than indochino from other people, indeed.

post #2612 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post


Ted
this is not the worst fitting shirt i have ever seen.
the darts are not an issue.
I use them all the time.
it gives a cleaner look when you want to reduce the fullness.

the sleeves are a touch long and a little full..
there is a problem fitting your shoulders.
this is a very common problem today.
some MTM companies have not adjusted their patterns properly for how young men are built today.
the collar seems fine.
I don't have an answer on what should be done by the vendor.
but again.
I have seen a lot worse!


Thank you Shirtmaven.

I'm still thinking about what to do with the shoulder. I don't think they can fix it, so should I accept it and leave it be? Or try to return the shirts for that reason?

Also, I'm not sure the drape will get better/good enough...

post #2613 of 5143

dual post, where is the delete button! :)


Edited by TedBaxter - 1/17/13 at 1:10am
post #2614 of 5143
picked up a navy RLBL suit for $800... i bought it because its a classic colour and a great deal for black label but i already have alot of suits... Should i keep or return? if i keep i will have to lengthen the sleeves.

post #2615 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

picked up a navy RLBL suit for $800... i bought it because its a classic colour and a great deal for black label but i already have alot of suits... Should i keep or return? if i keep i will have to lengthen the sleeves.

Shoulders and chest look fine; but the jacket is a little short; did you try an 'L'?
post #2616 of 5143
Have a question I'm hoping to get some feedback on: I worked with the tailor and managed to get a clean line/drape in the front. However, at the back, whilst the calf area drapes well, the thigh area has a bit of sagging.



1) Is this because the thigh area is bigger than what it should be?

2) To what extent can I expect a clean back like shown in the picture below? Is it reasonable to expect smth like this at the back?




post #2617 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Have a question I'm hoping to get some feedback on: I worked with the tailor and managed to get a clean line/drape in the front. However, at the back, whilst the calf area drapes well, the thigh area has a bit of sagging.



1) Is this because the thigh area is bigger than what it should be?

2) To what extent can I expect a clean back like shown in the picture below? Is it reasonable to expect smth like this at the back?




Your trousers look pretty clean in the back. I assume you're referring to the point where they're hitting your calves? That is what looks to be causing that mild sag.

You've got a flat seat with prominent calves so the back of the trouser will fall straight, hit your calves, and sag. The way the trouser hangs to avoid hitting your calves has everything to do with its balance. That relates to the way your pelvic girdle is tilted and the rest of the build of your legs.

It could be something like a few small tweaks in different areas ...

OR something really simple like the trouser leg is too narrow for your calves! hard to tell with no side pics

post #2618 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

There is nothing trad about too-long sleeves and pants. Unless there's no other option, go to another tailor who won't fight you on choices which should be utterly uncontroversial.

Oh I agree, I will be taking it to my regular tailor from now on. The only reason I took it to the in store tailor was because alterations were free since I won the suit in a contest, and I figured it was worth a shot since this was one of the two shops in town that carried decent mens clothing.
post #2619 of 5143
Thank you OTCtailor. That picture of the back (above) isn't me.

My back (THIGH AREA) looks something like this in the picture below.

What's the reason for this?

post #2620 of 5143

sometimes "free" costs the most biggrin.gif

post #2621 of 5143
Didn't know it looked this bad.
post #2622 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Thank you OTCtailor. That picture of the back (above) isn't me.

My back (THIGH AREA) looks something like this in the picture below.

What's the reason for this?

Too much material back there. You've got a semi prominent seat it looks like but your pelvis is shifted forward but tilted backward. The cloth is just following you around ffffuuuu.gif

The fix might be letting out the seat a little and shortening the back rise.

Here's a diagram to help you understand what's going on with your body:

You'd be somewhere inbetween those two middle postures. Just FYI.

post #2623 of 5143
Great. Is this an easy fix?

I think my body conforms to the picture of the anterior pelvic tllt lordotic back diagram.
post #2624 of 5143
Back surgery is pretty risky. I don't know if it's worth it to get better fitting trousers.

Oh, wait. You meant an easy fix for the trousers...
post #2625 of 5143
LOL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Back surgery is pretty risky. I don't know if it's worth it to get better fitting trousers.

Oh, wait. You meant an easy fix for the trousers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Great. Is this an easy fix?

I think my body conforms to the picture of the anterior pelvic tllt lordotic back diagram.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions