Thank you very much. I didn't wear the belt when the photo is taken i think that's why pants look a bit long. For pressing, yes definitely will ask to my tailor to press it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?
Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- the-basics-of-wedding-attireLast edited: 9/16/11
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 156
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2327 of 420112/16/12 at 10:18pm
Hello, I'm new to the forum and was looking for feedback on some MTM suits that I got from Black Friday. I read all I could about fit before I gave MTM a shot and I am hoping that I'm not way off. Any feedback would be welcome, thanks!
This one is from Thick as Thieves:
This one is from Indochino:
This one is a 36S JCrew Ludlow Fit, I have not hemmed the pants or adjusted the sleeves yet, wanted to ensure it fits well first.post #2328 of 420112/16/12 at 11:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thirdrail
Thanks so much for the feedback a tailor. You're totally right about my shoulder and it seems so obvious now that you've pointed it out. If I slump my right shoulder to compensate the collars stack nicely. I had my roommate take a couple more pictures.
The collar gapping is much more obvious now. They will remake it if the necessary alterations can't be done by a local tailor. What would you suggest about the pulling effect at the button? I followed the tutorials and my left shoulder is 1/4" lower, and my left hip is 1/2" higher.
Also what needs to change about the pants? It seems like the crotch just isn't low enough. Thanks so much!
on the trousers its one of two things. and your tailor needs to decide which os two things to do.
to let out the thigh fork. or scoop out the seat. hard to explain..
i may do a tutorial on that.post #2329 of 420112/17/12 at 6:06ampost #2330 of 420112/17/12 at 8:26am
Hello, I'm seeking advice from the tailors in this forum on what can be done to clean up the wrinkles my jacket has around the shoulder blades / arm holes. The sleeve pitch needs to be adjusted a little to get rid of the wrinkles on the sleeves but what should I ask my tailor to do to get rid of the wrinkles at the back of the shoulders? There is also a fold of fabric in front of the armhole. Any help would be greatly appreciated.post #2331 of 420112/17/12 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Thanks a tailor.
I have another quick question, what's the minimum acceptable distance from the hem of a jacket to the side pockets? (without flaps). My father just gave me an old sport coat from the eighties that is going to need extensive alterations (though it's my size, the 80's cut makes it look huge) and it's a bit long. The distance from the hem to the pockets is 10" and I'm wondering if 9" is acceptable. If not I may not even bother taking it to the tailor...
Also wondering if it's possible to turn a true 3 button coat into a 3-roll-2 if it's fused, because this thing would look much better that way...
9" is ok, unless you are a very tall person.
stay with the regular 3 button, it seldom works well.post #2332 of 420112/18/12 at 6:35ampost #2333 of 420112/18/12 at 6:46am
Thanks again! At 5'7" I'm the opposite of a tall person...
Sorry for bothering you so much lately but here's the outcome of my latest MTM jacket after shifting the shoulders:
The shoulders are now located where they should be (they didn't account for my low shoulder, though), and I don't want to have this jacket altered any more, just in case it gets messed up; I'm rather happy with the outcome. But for future commissions I'd like to play with measurements to make the jacket more flattering, so it would be interesting to know if there's something I can do to make the hips appear less wide. My tailor is pretty good at cutting and sewing but he doesn't seem to be that good of a fitter. As you can see, my right deltoid is protruding a bit from the sleeve; that way you can see the actual shape of my shoulders, and I'm wondering if you can see room there for extending them a bit (maybe half, or 3/4 of an inch) without looking awkward? Perhaps they would need to have a bit more slope as well.
Thanks!post #2334 of 420112/18/12 at 9:56ampost #2335 of 420112/18/12 at 10:45ampost #2336 of 420112/18/12 at 12:46pmpost #2337 of 420112/18/12 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
tutorials are at the top of this the mens clothing forum first page printed in red.post #2338 of 420112/18/12 at 6:46pmpost #2339 of 420112/19/12 at 6:59amQuote:
That makes sense, it's just weird I had never seen such a thing nor heard of it. Thanks for the input.post #2340 of 420112/19/12 at 1:37pmHi,
I recently bought a Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald, which has a narrower shoulder width than my usual jackets.
However, this jacket also happens to have more minimal padding than my other jackets.
I am very surprised that it still fits me as well.
Can someone help me figure out whether the shoulders of this suit are not well suited for me?
I've included a picture of me in the jacket, if anyone could take a look and critique, would be appreciated.
Sleeves are too short and will have to be lengthened.
Picture LOOKS OFF because my friend took it while he was sitting down.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › JOHN LOBB WILLIAM II DOUBLE MONK CAPTOE BROWN UK7/US8 $1200 Retail 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 12/18 ADDS and DROPS!! - SPORTCOAT MEGATHREAD - NWT and Preowned -... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw